Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 19:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pac,
I do got it from ABT. But the under Chassis paint is not a part of the Ritz Package. i did it additional work but They did not do well. When I went for the second service We checked the Under Chassis for some scratches due to bumpers in city. Alas there were no scratches but the painting they did (ABT) was horrible. Then I Italked to the executive and he told that he will re do that.In your case any how they are going to Charge you better to do in MSM. The job is good the charge is same as ABT.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th November 2009 at 20:16. Reason: Readability, please leave a space after , and. Thanks.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:36   #32
PCS
BHPian

all ritz owners

have you tried illumination control for instrument cluster ? Its a cool feature.
Old 28th November 2009, 15:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Frankly speaking i never knew Ritz was so huge. One of my buildingmate bought this and was in the basement so i could see the car in real close position. Standing in front of the vehicle i was just dumbfolded. From the front side the vehicle looks so huge and so big even the santro which was parked next to it was looking small. So very good choice dude. Congrats
Thank you Shishir. IMO this is the largest 'tall boy' design in the market currently (unless we count Innova as a tall boy). Having had a Santro at home earlier this car took some time to get used to!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Pac,
I do got it from ABT. But the under Chassis paint is not a part of the Ritz Package. i did it additional work but They did not do well. When I went for the second service We checked the Under Chassis for some scratches due to bumpers in city. Alas there were no scratches but the painting they did (ABT) was horrible. Then I Italked to the executive and he told that he will re do that.In your case any how they are going to Charge you better to do in MSM. The job is good the charge is same as ABT.
Thanks for the info navan. I am hearing good things about MSM for the second time now. A colleague of mine who also bought a Ritz Vdi recently was also recommending MSM to me. I will try MSM next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
all ritz owners

have you tried illumination control for instrument cluster ? Its a cool feature.
Read about it in the manual but almost forgot. Will try!

Last edited by pacman2881 : 28th November 2009 at 15:49.
Old 28th November 2009, 21:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Thank you Shishir. IMO this is the largest 'tall boy' design in the market currently (unless we count Innova as a tall boy). Having had a Santro at home earlier this car took some time to get used to!!

Thanks for the info navan. I am hearing good things about MSM for the second time now. A colleague of mine who also bought a Ritz Vdi recently was also recommending MSM to me. I will try MSM next time.

Read about it in the manual but almost forgot. Will try!
Pacman,
I don't know how far is MSM from your place.I have some rich experiences of service with other MASS.But when it comes to MSM they do it fast charges very reasonably..I was in my tight schedule when I gave my Car for 2nd service and went on my tour. I requested the Service Advisor to deliver at home.It was done by MSM and not a penny was charged as door delivery.I hope they too pick up from home. I believe there is no harm in refering good service.My SA was Mr.N.BABU.Nice and good guy.He hear what you complaint.Tomorrow planning to visit for the mild rattling problem.As he was sick to day told me to come tomorrow.

Last edited by navan49 : 28th November 2009 at 21:57.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:29   #35
BHPian

Thanks for the info navan.

Issue update- First issue with my car till date- The front left power window isn't working. Hoping to take it to the service center this weekend. Any idea if this is corrected under warranty?

Last edited by pacman2881 : 4th December 2009 at 10:30.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:12   #36
BHPian

Congrats on the car, Pacman.

I've been with MSM-Chennai since '94 & would strongly recommend that you try them. Though quality has dropped with their ever increasing clientele, they are still much better than the other MAS in town.

While handing over the car to the supervisor make sure that you are specific about your requirements & gently convey that you will hold him to task if a good job is not done.

Pls collect the car in broad daylight & insist on a test drive along with the same supervisor. If you are not happy with the job, make him correct it even if it means leaving the car behind for another day. Insist on a customer feedback form & fill it in only after you've checked the car. On busy days their pre-delivery car wash quality is poor. Do make them attend to it in your presence.

In case you are still not satisfied with the work, pls meet the AGM/DGM. He will personally ensure that your complaint is attended to.

In my experience there is no such a place as a perfect service centre ! But at MSM (unlike many other MAS in town) you can atleast escalate and get the job done. If you are particular & attentive to detail, that is !

Btw.... your power window problem should be covered free under warranty.

Happy motoring !
Old 10th December 2009, 11:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Congrats on the car, Pacman.

I've been with MSM-Chennai since '94 & would strongly recommend that you try them. Though quality has dropped with their ever increasing clientele, they are still much better than the other MAS in town.

While handing over the car to the supervisor make sure that you are specific about your requirements & gently convey that you will hold him to task if a good job is not done.

Pls collect the car in broad daylight & insist on a test drive along with the same supervisor. If you are not happy with the job, make him correct it even if it means leaving the car behind for another day. Insist on a customer feedback form & fill it in only after you've checked the car. On busy days their pre-delivery car wash quality is poor. Do make them attend to it in your presence.

In case you are still not satisfied with the work, pls meet the AGM/DGM. He will personally ensure that your complaint is attended to.

In my experience there is no such a place as a perfect service centre ! But at MSM (unlike many other MAS in town) you can atleast escalate and get the job done. If you are particular & attentive to detail, that is !

Btw.... your power window problem should be covered free under warranty.

Happy motoring !
Thanks for the info knock out. I am yet to take the car to the service station as I have been stuck with other work. Now I have noticed that the issue is not with left front window alone- all windows except the drivers window is not opening. Looks to be a circuit issue if I am not wrong.

BTW, another update- Chennai autowala made sure a prominant scratch is marked on the right rear corner- before I could even look back he sped away. My dad kept his Santro without such a scratch for 9 years (but that was in Trichy). Here I am in Chennai not able to keep it well for 3 months. Guess this just the starting considering how these autowalas drive.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pac,

I know it will be very painful. Still we have to compromise. We are in Chennai not in Trichy or Madurai. It happens. I do have some scratches by the same great autos. I was planning to repair and later I thought that as it is not visible easily I left like that. Once again there is no better MASS than MSM. The remote problem will be settled with in no problem.Some times they will call the Nippon people. The best thing is that you call them one day in advance and tell them that you have the problem and keep the concern people ready to do the job. being Chennaites let us keep in touch for each others help and suggestions.
You can see the scratches in my car just below the doors.
Attached Thumbnails
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-ritz-scratch.jpg  

Last edited by navan49 : 10th December 2009 at 12:55.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:22   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Pac,

I know it will be very painful. Still we have to compromise. We are in Chennai not in Trichy or Madurai. It happens. I do have some scratches by the same great autos. I was planning to repair and later I thought that as it is not visible easily I left like that. Once again there is no better MASS than MSM. The remote problem will be settled with in no problem.Some times they will call the Nippon people. The best thing is that you call them one day in advance and tell them that you have the problem and keep the concern people ready to do the job. being Chennaites let us keep in touch for each others help and suggestions.
You can see the scratches in my car just below the doors.
Navan. I must say you are very helful. Thank you . If there is any help / suggestion I can make, I am always available !
The scratch on your car is not noticeable unless you point it. As you said, it doesn't need any repair. I am getting stuck with umpteen things (besides being lazy!!) that I am yet to take it to the service station.
I am planning a long trip during christmas holidays and will fix the car before that.

Update on the car- I am getting a feeling that the car is smoother than before especially when I push above 90 kmph.
Minor rattle- Not sure if I can call it a rattle, I am getting a occasional creeking ( somewhat like a 'spring stretching') sound from the left seat belt housing when not in use over bad roads. The sound is absent when I have a left passenger even if the passenger doesn't use the seat belt. Will be fixing the same when I take the car to the service station.
Old 14th December 2009, 20:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

You are right. When you go above 80 in 5th gear you feel smooth and no rattling feeling. The feeling of rattling come in 2nd and 3rd Gear. The seat belt sound will come in the rear seats too. Try to keep the buckles in tact when you are alone. You will not feel the seat belt sound, if the doors are closed or if you drive with Ac on. The wind makes the belts to touch the body. If your rear windows are open, the wind makes you feel like hearing a different sound and vibration.These are the common factors with mine too. Never put the coin in coin holder which irritate you with rattling feeling.

Last edited by navan49 : 14th December 2009 at 20:18.
Old 14th December 2009, 20:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pacman. A sensible car that will serve you very well for a long time to come. And yes, we want pics!!

Most Viewed