Team-BHP - My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/68922-my-own-first-cars-home-ritz-vdi.html)

Hi all!
I have got delivery of my Glistening grey Ritz Vdi a month back. Since then
I have been thinking of posting my ownership thread but I wanted my first post to have the pics and at last I managed to click some.

I will let the pictures do the talking first-
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200015.jpg
Recent rains in chennai made sure my car is dirty, I will surely post better ones after the rainy season :D
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200017.jpg
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200018.jpg
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200025.jpg
I have chosen MGA grey seat covers
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !!-p8200029.jpg

As you can see in the odometer above, the car has done around 2400 Kms till now and it has been impressive.
My search for car reviews brought me to Team Bhp and I must thank everyone at Team Bhp for zeroing in on this car. Special thanks to fund2max, SLK, ada, eMGee, Nikhil et al for providing very informative ownership reviews and of course to GTO for a detailed review when the car was launched.

The Car details-
Color – Glistening grey
Audio System- Kenwood (Nippon) with Sony speakers – Free from Dealer
Seat Covers- MGA Grey covers

As you can see the car is as stock as possible which is due to Vitamin M deficiency :D

I will start with all the background and road tests soon!

Congratulations pacman:thumbs up awaiting some more pics soon:D

pacman, congratulations on your ritz D.better interiors offered till now from maruti.Post some more pics as well your dealer experience too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 1571589)
Congratulations pacman:thumbs up awaiting some more pics soon:D

Thanks //M. Sure I will post more pics very soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijaythacker (Post 1571626)
pacman, congratulations on your ritz D.better interiors offered till now from maruti.Post some more pics as well your dealer experience too.

Thanks Vijay. Interiors were one of the reasons for choosing this car over the Swift. The Ritz interiors feel more lively to me.
I will post my dealer experience too.

Now going to the point where it all started, forgive me for making it too long-
The original idea of buying a car dawned up on me few months back. I wanted a good diesel hatch. At the same time Jazz was my dream car. I was eagerly awaiting its launch and I was ready to compromise even on the diesel requirement for owning a Honda.
At last Honda simply shuts the door by pricing above my affordable level. I had to convince myself that the straight H is not for me and start my search for a different car.

Cars considered-
Grande Punto- This was the first one I went for. My dad had a very bad experience with Fiat when he booked and cancelled a Fiat Uno and he was against going for a Fiat. Further he didn’t trust Tata service either. But GP was simply too good to be skipped and I toiled hard to take him to the Concorde showroom. There were actually about 3 customers waiting to see the GP including myself and there was no one around. It was like anyone can come in and go out unnoticed. There was one salesman for the Indigo explaining about it to a lone customer and I tried pulling him in but it didn’t work. We were there for some 30 minutes and my dad said that’s it. When I took my dad to the showroom I was hoping to convince him about the GP. But I became apprehensive as this is my own first car and peace of mind is very important. I had to leave with a heavy heart.
I still hope that this is a lone incident and the service won’t be all that bad but I just played safe. Tata & Fiat have good cars. I just hope they take the last mile seriously.
Later few of my colleagues informed me that it is not the case with other Tata dealers in the City but by that time the decision was made.

Hyundai i20 CRDi- IMO this is the best looking car in the segment. This car simply blew me away. I took not 1, not 2 but three test drives of this beauty and I was convinced that this is my car. Inside the car the engine was so silent, it was difficult to say it’s actually a diesel. I particularly liked the extra space and the lack of the hump in the middle at the rear. Except for the light steering everything else was great.

Maruti Swift- Nothing new to write about. Everyone knows about this car in and out. The only sour point I didn’t like was rear seat comfort and the bumpy ride. Rest were all good but I somehow found this car too common on the roads and I felt my car has to be different.

Maruti Ritz- Now this was one car I thought I will not even consider. When I zeroed in on the i20 my dad was not happy with it’s height. He was used to his old Santro and he preferred the tall boy stance. I took him to the Maruti showroom to convince him that Ritz is not necessarily the best car around. But when I drove this car I was pleasantly surprised with it's ride quality. I wanted to compare it with the swift and hence I drove both of them back to back on the same stretch and I found Ritz very comfortable to drive. And the rear seats felt kind of better than the Swift possibly because of the height.

After driving the Ritz the choice was narrowed down between the i20 and Ritz. Even though i20 was a better car overall I was worried about its price. While I do not get all the things the i20 offers in the Ritz it offered the best value proposition. The decision was made and we booked a dark grey (Glistening grey as Maruti calls it) Ritz.

Other Cars thought of-
Indica Vista- I had a very good look at this car at the Tata showroom when I visited Concorde for the GP but the apprehension of Tata service kept me away.
Polo- Well this was one car that I was very eager initially. But the wait was too much for me, I just forgot about it.

Congrats.Thats a great car. BWT is this the new color came along when RITZ was released? This is a news to me. I only remember Dark blue & Chocolate as new addition.
anyways looks good.

Add a spoiler to it. It will enhance the looks of the vehicle.

Pacman, Congratulations fantastic choice of maruti, and diesel amazing, i had driven my cousin's swift vdi and was really impressed by the power it had , breeze to drive on the highways and ghats.. how much do you feel is the space difference between the swift and the ritz rear seat comfort.., all the very best,,,also hope the current flood situation does not worsen in chennai,, cheers maju

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 1572600)
Congrats.Thats a great car. BWT is this the new color came along when RITZ was released? This is a news to me. I only remember Dark blue & Chocolate as new addition.
anyways looks good.

Add a spoiler to it. It will enhance the looks of the vehicle.

Thanks Ram. AFAIK this is a new color introduced when the car was launched.
Actually I am seriously thinking of adding a spoiler. I noticed one of our fellow bhpians (DrChernish . hope I got the name right!) who has added a spoiler to his Ritz and it looks very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by majumon (Post 1572973)
Pacman, Congratulations fantastic choice of maruti, and diesel amazing, i had driven my cousin's swift vdi and was really impressed by the power it had , breeze to drive on the highways and ghats.. how much do you feel is the space difference between the swift and the ritz rear seat comfort.., all the very best,,,also hope the current flood situation does not worsen in chennai,, cheers maju

Thanks majumon. The MJD sure pulls the car effortlessly. The Ritz doesn't have the Swift's rush when the Turbo kicks in but is nevertheless great to drive. For all practical purposes Ritz's pick up is good enough for me and the 1 or 2 seconds doesn't matter much considering the fact that I am a sedate driver.
Regarding the space- The rear seat feels better to sit compared to the Swift due to the height and gives a feel that you have better leg room. If you go by leg room measurements I doubt if there will be much difference in the numbers. The height helps a lot here.
And the flood situation is improving :)

Hi,
Pacman.Congrats from another Chennaite who owns the RITZ VDI ABS SILVER.Its another co incidence that we two went and tested the same cars apart from RITZ.Now you should say how about the mileage.I am sure your Ritz coulour will be a unique one in Chennai roads.The glistneng Grey is very rare in our city.Being frank I did not see that colour till date on road.I wanted to go for Bakers Choclate but my friends suggested to go for Silky Silver for hiding the dust and scratches. I have a wish to have contacts of some Chennai Ritz BHPians so that we can share our service providers feed backs.Spares and the problems of the cars and in the midst of busy life we can meet rarely.I am 60 plus.

Hi Pacman,
Will you please let me know where did you get the Diesel Sticker pasted on your fuel tank cover in Chennai.My ABT did not paste that sticker in my car.Is it from Dealer or you arranged.

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman2881 (Post 1571541)
Seat Covers- MGA Grey covers

Looks neat, how much did seat covers cost you?
Can you post a pic of seat covers, taken in daylight?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 1583245)
Hi,
Pacman.Congrats from another Chennaite who owns the RITZ VDI ABS SILVER.Its another co incidence that we two went and tested the same cars apart from RITZ.Now you should say how about the mileage.I am sure your Ritz coulour will be a unique one in Chennai roads.The glistneng Grey is very rare in our city.Being frank I did not see that colour till date on road.I wanted to go for Bakers Choclate but my friends suggested to go for Silky Silver for hiding the dust and scratches. I have a wish to have contacts of some Chennai Ritz BHPians so that we can share our service providers feed backs.Spares and the problems of the cars and in the midst of busy life we can meet rarely.I am 60 plus.

Thank you navan. And congrats on choosing one good car!
Regarding the mileage- I get just over 20. Most of my driving (around 80%) is in highways and rest in city with 100% AC. The best I got till now is 23.
Somehow I find many glistening greys on the road- may be it has to do with my mind that I only notice if it's the same color :)
I will be glad to share the details about the car whenever / wherever possible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 1583245)
Hi Pacman,
Will you please let me know where did you get the Diesel Sticker pasted on your fuel tank cover in Chennai.My ABT did not paste that sticker in my car.Is it from Dealer or you arranged.

The diesel sticker is from dealer- I got the car from Kapico.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezpo (Post 1584629)
Congrats, and welcome to the club!

Looks neat, how much did seat covers cost you?
Can you post a pic of seat covers, taken in daylight?

Thank you dezpo. BTW, you own a Ritz as well?
I think the seat covers costed around 3k- I will confirm the exact amount. I will post few more pics including the seat covers soon.

very nice car you have Pacman.

definitely a great choice, and quite nice FE too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman2881 (Post 1592641)
Regarding the mileage- I get just over 20. Most of my driving (around 80%) is in highways and rest in city with 100% AC. The best I got till now is 23.

GUYS/READERS/CO-BHPians please read this "JUST 20":Shockked::Shockked:. Put some more of these. Dude 20 is a very big milage. Tell the milage using PM to who ever ask that rather than ion open foryum. Many will get heart attacks.(no offences please)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb10gagan (Post 1592656)
very nice car you have Pacman.

definitely a great choice, and quite nice FE too.

Thank you gagan :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1592722)
GUYS/READERS/CO-BHPians please read this "JUST 20":Shockked::Shockked:. Put some more of these. Dude 20 is a very big milage. Tell the milage using PM to who ever ask that rather than ion open foryum. Many will get heart attacks.(no offences please)

Hi Shishir, I think there is some dis-connect here- I said just over 20. i.e. around 20.3 / 20.4 Kmpl. Not "just 20"
Actually the mileage is lot more than I actually expected from this car I am extremely happy with it :)