Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 23:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
OK; when i took a test drive of AT version, the sales guy mentioned that, but haven't tested it personally to that extent.
Very typical of the salesmen these days! He must have thought of that on the fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
@monty1999, yes there is a perceptible though small lag between pulling the paddle shifter and actual change in gear that occurs. However, it's not big enough to spoil the party! I guess, this could be due to drive-by-wire technology that Honda incorporated in City.

Can some experts in this forum throw some lights on the reasons of this lag?
Actually I find the response to paddle shifts very quick, almost instant.
On the other hand, when the car shifts the gear on it's own without the intervention of the driver, there is a considerable lag and you feel the 'powerless' state for a fraction of a second.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:51   #62
BHPian

ANHC Owners,

I am observing a strange issue in the air ciculation mode of my car. Most of the time I set that to "internal", that is internal air re-circulation mode. And that's mainly due to pollutions.

However, I still get a faint but definite smell of the exhaust of other vehicles, particularly, when moving behind heavy trucks spewing dark smokes. It seems even in internal air re-circulation mode, a small fraction of external air is sucked inside.

What are your experiences on this?

-Pratim
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, I still get a faint but definite smell of the exhaust of other vehicles, particularly, when moving behind heavy trucks spewing dark smokes. It seems even in internal air re-circulation mode, a small fraction of external air is sucked inside.
This doesn't happen in my car. This seems to be a problem.
Old 24th November 2009, 05:21   #64
BHPian

oo congratulations!! is this the blue from the jazz!

the alloys, new bright interior looks great!
Old 24th November 2009, 10:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ANHC Owners,

I am observing a strange issue in the air ciculation mode of my car.

What are your experiences on this?

-Pratim
Hi Pratim, I have not experienced this issue in my car, in fact I hardly open the windows while in the city and always keep the circultaiton mode internal.

i switch to external air in mode only when i am on highways that too during the mornings and late evenings when the exteranl air is fresh and clean.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
oo congratulations!! is this the blue from the jazz!
That's correct. However, it seems Honda have discontinued this colour.

Last edited by pratim : 24th November 2009 at 17:58.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
About civic AT (and mostly same for City AT as well),
In S-mode-with-paddle, automatic downshift happens only when the car slows down. All other times, its fully manual (as long as the shift is allowed). This helps a lot in getting better FE in slow-moving traffic, where kick-down can kick in for every tap on the pedal. Another thing I noticed is that, it pulls in 3rd gear even at speeds of 15kmph. The gear ratios seem to be well-suited for the engine and low low-end torque is less of an issue with AT.
@mkc15, did you mean with "kick-down" there will be a downshift in "S with paddle shift" mode? I did not notice so; what I notice is, the rev niddle swings upward and I get a burst of energy in the car and it surges ahead beautifully.

In S mode with paddle shift, I have experienced better response (lower latency) for shiting gears compared to in D mode.

-Pratim
Old 26th November 2009, 11:02   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
About civic AT (and mostly same for City AT as well),
In S-mode-with-paddle, automatic downshift happens only when the car slows down. All other times, its fully manual (as long as the shift is allowed). This helps a lot in getting better FE in slow-moving traffic, where kick-down can kick in for every tap on the pedal. Another thing I noticed is that, it pulls in 3rd gear even at speeds of 15kmph. The gear ratios seem to be well-suited for the engine and low low-end torque is less of an issue with AT.
@mkc15, did you mean with "kick-down" there will be a downshift in "S with paddle shift" mode? I did not notice so; what I notice is, the rev needle swings upward and I get a burst of energy in the car and it surges ahead beautifully.

In S mode with paddle shift, I have experienced better response (lower latency) for shiting gears compared to in D mode.

-Pratim
Old 26th November 2009, 12:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@mkc15, did you mean with "kick-down" there will be a downshift in "S with paddle shift" mode? I did not notice so; what I notice is, the rev niddle swings upward and I get a burst of energy in the car and it surges ahead beautifully.
What he meant is, in 'D' mode, it has a tendency to 'kick down' everytime you ask for power/acceleration and that's why 'S' with paddle shift is a better mode for slow traffic, where you can have the complete control.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:48   #70
BHPian

Went for 1st service last week. It seems it's nothing but checking if everything alright and washing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@Pratim: I suggest you go in for a 3M paint protection treatment or equivalent which will make maintenance easier.
Got this done during service. Costed me 5k. Car is looking even better. All swirl marks and minor scratches contributed by the guy who washes it, have vanished.

Quote:
ANHC Owners,

I am observing a strange issue in the air ciculation mode of my car. Most of the time I set that to "internal", that is internal air re-circulation mode. And that's mainly due to pollutions.

Got the above reported issue corrected. It seems when the guys were putting the CD player they kept some pipeline partially open.

One quick quesiton though:

If you have fog lights installed, how is the throw of the light on the road? Is it straight ahead or it goes sideways? I have noted that in my car, it goes about 20-30 degrees sideways. So instead of illuminating the road immediately in the front of the car, the fog lights illuminate the sides of the road.
I brought this also to the notice of the service guy, but he said that's how it is for City. Is that correct?

BTW, mileage seemed to have improved again: now tankful-to-tankful is 11.8 kmpl. I am happy!

Cheers
Pratim
Old 1st December 2009, 20:05   #71
BHPian

Hi Pratim !

I work out of Manyata too !! I saw you driving in last week and had noticed your car , was right behind you and the color does look awesome ! I agree with you about the bumps in MTP, they have already kissed & wrecked the underbody of my City too I wonder which einstein decided that a mountainous speed breaker is needed every 100 ft !?!? (My swift has no such problems withe humps though, thank God !)

Can you give me more details about the 3M paint protection ? Where did you get it done and was it just a polishing job followed by waxing or was it like an additional clear coat ? Im thinking about getting the same done,

Cheers and enjoy the drive, ive just completed 17 K kms in the last year and its been an amazing experience with the City, i work out of D1, hope to catch up around MTP soon !
Old 1st December 2009, 20:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Just bumped into this thread now. Nice color. Looks faaaantastic.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:58   #73
BHPian

@nirmal, thanks for your kind words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Can you give me more details about the 3M paint protection ? Where did you get it done and was it just a polishing job followed by waxing or was it like an additional clear coat ? Im thinking about getting the same done,
What I got done is 3M Paint Protection for a full year: two more such jobs will be done by the 3M dealer at no extra cost at 4-5 months intervals. It seems to me as an additional clear glossy coat. But I am no expert .

I got it done through Whitefield Honda but I have a feeling that if one goes to the 3M dealer directly, it will be cheaper.

BTW, your City, was it a red colored one?

-Pratim

Last edited by pratim : 1st December 2009 at 23:59.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:43   #74
BHPian

Hi Pratim,

Thanks for the details, will call them and check it out ! Am planning to call 3M directly too,

Mine is the silver city with the Tbhp "love cars" sticker and also a red swift with the "Live to drive" sticker on the back glass !

Catch you around !
Old 7th December 2009, 10:23   #75
BHPian

Experts, please throw some lights on the following issue:

Quote:
One quick quesiton:
If you have fog lights installed, how is the throw of the light on the road? Is it straight ahead or it goes sideways? I have noted that in my car, it goes about 20-30 degrees sideways. So instead of illuminating the road immediately in the front of the car, the fog lights illuminate the sides of the road.
I brought this also to the notice of the service guy, but he said that's how it is for City. Is that correct?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks