Team-BHP - Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/69258-got-jazzd-tafeta-white-honda-jazz.html)

So it all started a week ago with me being very tired at the end of the day after driving in b2b traffic.

Had a discussion (more like a guy to guy talk) with dad and bro, and one thing led to another and this happened:

Day 1: Decided to trade the Linea in for a petrol car.
Day 2: Drove and picked the Jazz.
Day 2 evening: Car ready for delivery.
Day 3: Linea picked up by the buyer.
Day 4: Took delivery from Emerald Honda and Got Jazz'd!

Why the Jazz:
Well if you look at the Jazz in a neutral and unbiased way the only obvious flaw is the price tag. If the price doesn't bother you, its an extremely intelligent and well put together vehicle.

My requirements:
A petrol to start of as my running is mainly in the city and it doesn't really justify the need for a diesel (as experienced with the linea). Secondly I wanted something that is extremely well built and will stay that way for a good 5 years. Space was not a major requirement as there are plenty of cars at home just in case a lot of stuff/people have to be taken somewhere. And lastly it has to be easy on the arms and left foot. The Jazz scored 10/10 on all of the above and hence was picked.

The Car and First day Impressions:
As expected from a honda the car is silky smooth, even more than my friends ANHC. The liposuctioned unit from the OHC made sure the drive was very connected and familiar (being an OHC owner for more than a decade now). The lack of the height adjustable seat is a plus for me in this case as the driving position is nice and low instead of being jacked up high. (It is very similar to the linea which i enjoyed a lot). The 1.2 iVTEC is very responsive and the new improvements have reduced the low end sluggish behaviour substantially. Driving the OHC for 10 years ensured that my driving habits were able to keep the honda in its happy zone and I can safely say the car is quite quick.

I ensured that I got Michelins and the odometer was reading 7km at the time of delivery. The car was manufactured in July 09 which was fine with me. FE as shown by the enthusiastic Avg calculator is 14.9kmpl. Will have to manually calculate it later.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with my decision and hope to keep this car for a long long time.

More to come with pictures soon.

Great Choice! If the price doesnt matter, Jazz is a superb car. After all its a Honda :) Waiting for Pics.
Can i ask whats the OTR?

As long as you are happy with the purchase, no one has any reason for complain; however, I have a couple of questions that I'll be glad if you answer

a. Do you prefer the Jazz's styling over the i20?
b. Did you consider the i20 1.4 automatic? For the price of a Jazz, an i20 automatic which would have been a lot "easier on your left leg" (steering remaining a constant).

c. Did "exclusivity" ever come into the picture?

Congrats JRD on your purchase. Jazz is an excellent petrol car and will serve you well for long time to come.

Just curious to know why you chose Linea initially before a decision to replace it with Jazz.

Additionally since the main reason for you to change was being tired of driving in back to back traffic, please throw some light on how is the low end response. Please decouple your views with the fact that Hondas have a light clutch. What I want to understand is the car's eagerness to pull itself at lower RPMs - is it an agile mover at lower RPMs OR gets in to its own only beyond an RPM threshold. Would really appreciate your views on this.

Congrats JRD. Jazz, no doubt is an intelligent car.

A very quick question........ What made you decide to move from Linea to Jazz

Congrats on the purchase. As you said, if price is not a concern, get JAZZed. Guess the same carries with i20 with a CRDi motor.

All the best great choice. pls post some as well.
Did you upgrade the tires outside or you got them along with the vehicle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bond_bhai (Post 1580324)
Can i ask whats the OTR?

I will have to check the file, but its roughly around 8L OTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1580358)
a. Do you prefer the Jazz's styling over the i20?

I would rate both the exteriors as equally appealing in different ways, but I personally preferred the fit & finish, interior styling and quality of the Jazz.

Quote:

b. Did you consider the i20 1.4 automatic? For the price of a Jazz, an i20 automatic which would have been a lot "easier on your left leg" (steering remaining a constant).

Honestly didn't even consider the i20 as Hyundai's as well as Fords are not preferred in our family. (unknown reason). Plus I wanted a manual.

Quote:

c. Did "exclusivity" ever come into the picture?

Definitely! But it was more of the premium product factor that dictated the purchase. I wanted very good quality of materials, design and engineering for my money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svaid (Post 1580366)
Just curious to know why you chose Linea initially before a decision to replace it with Jazz.

Well my initial thought was that since all our cars are petrol, the linea could be used as a highway tourer as and when required and also for when someone in the family has a lot of running in a particular day. Well that doesn't happen and the corolla usually goes on the highway trips and on rough roads while the NHC is used in the city because of its EPS. So it was me with the linea in city traffic all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svaid (Post 1580366)
Additionally since the main reason for you to change was being tired of driving in back to back traffic, please throw some light on how is the low end response. Please decouple your views with the fact that Hondas have a light clutch. What I want to understand is the car's eagerness to pull itself at lower RPMs - is it an agile mover at lower RPMs OR gets in to its own only beyond an RPM threshold. Would really appreciate your views on this.

Well i'll tell you what happens from my experience with citys' and the jazz. The clutch is definitely very light and so is the EPS on the NHC & Jazz. With the jazz say I am in 2nd gear and crawling through traffic. What i do is hit the throttle a tad bit and just release the clutch slowly to make it roll. It doesn't knock or vibrate at all and starts rolling, after a millisecond when neither the clutch or throttle is pressed the engine pulls the revs up a little and is ready to respond immediately. I found this immediate response at low revs new in the jazz. The NHC and OHC still have that need to be revved a little or shift to first gear in b2b traffic.

The immediate response at lower rpms is felt in all the gears (except 5th) in the jazz and is a big welcome for honda users. It seems the torque and gearing has been optimised for low end response. Other jazz owners can confirm this perhaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbareilly (Post 1580426)
A very quick question........ What made you decide to move from Linea to Jazz

Thanks... it was mainly the heavy clutch of the diesel and the hydraulic steering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 1580480)
Did you upgrade the tires outside or you got them along with the vehicle?

Nope the michelins came with the car itself. I made sure my car had michelins.

JRD, congratulations on your jazz, white always looks good.Yes if price is looked aside and seen the whole package yes it isnt that bad choice.Emerald Honda are new dealers in our city, and are doing some good business to Landmark.Emerald honda is my friends dealership so do let me know if any help needed during any period of your ownership.Enjoy your ride and post some pictures.

Congrats JRD, a interesting switch from Linea to Jazz!

Jazz is no doubt a nice plush car, but for the price.

Congrats on the Jazz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD (Post 1580293)
The 1.2 iVTEC is very responsive and the new improvements have reduced the low end sluggish behaviour substantially.

What exactly have they done ? 3-4 months back I test drove one & found it very sluggish.

Here are some pictures I managed to click this afternoon. Accesories I got installed are Fog Lights, Spoiler, Garnish on the A/c vents, Jazz plate on the rocker panel and 3M CS5 Sunfilm.

Enjoy the pictures.

Wow!! Great choice dude, congrats! :D

And that last pic is totally awesome!!(reminds me of NFS Porsche Unleashed :D)

Congrats JRD. The white hatch sure looks uber kewl with those dark tints. You
sure they are approved by RTO in your city? CS5 has only 8% light transmission!
Could you maybe post some interior pics?

Congrats on the Jazz JRD. The white beauty is looking stunning with those dark tints.

Like blackasta said, I too think that the tint is a bit too much for the RTO's comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD (Post 1580293)
My requirements:
A petrol to start of as my running is mainly in the city and it doesn't really justify the need for a diesel (as experienced with the linea).

OT: Trading the Linea for the Jazz doesn't make sense to me. I could understand had u faced the Linea/Diesel vs Jazz/Petrol dilemma when u were buying the Linea. But now that u already had bought the diesel, spent money on a diesel, selling it to buy a petrol appears a little odd. Just my thoughts. It's your money and you have all the right in the world to spend it the way u deem fit.

Congrats JRD. 4th pic is awesome. NIcely taken.