Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 19:05   #91
BHPian

congrats on your new car. the manza is good value for money.have a safe ownership.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:35   #92
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures. Like I wsaid somewhere else. The car is screeming for bigger wheels. It looks severly under tyred and dis-proportionate to the size of the Manza.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:38   #93
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice interior !

The steering wheel cover looks odd-not matching with the interior and also the fitting is not good (it gives bad look).

Seems you still have the plastics on the seat. Time to remove/throw away, it may give a bad smell if parked under hot sun (anyway plastic is bad?)

Passenger side sunvisor mirror with side lights looks good.

Cheers !
Old 7th December 2009, 11:19   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Looks nice interior !

The steering wheel cover looks odd-not matching with the interior and also the fitting is not good (it gives bad look).

Seems you still have the plastics on the seat. Time to remove/throw away, it may give a bad smell if parked under hot sun (anyway plastic is bad?)

Passenger side sunvisor mirror with side lights looks good.

Cheers !
Does it look odd?. Hmm
Actually bought that leather steering cover couple of weeks ago for 600/-
Planning to get art leather seat cover in next 2 weeks.

Vijay
Old 7th December 2009, 11:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

Rs.600/- may be not too much but the fitting seems not good (not a professional work). Comparing the dashboard and other interiors, this one clearly shows out which is not matching - This is what I tried to say. The car look will be much better without
this wheel cover or you should ask them to fit it properly -this is my opinion only. !
Old 7th December 2009, 15:36   #96
BANNED

More snaps of the rear seat folded & dicky.

Having over looked for so long, the charger(12v/10A?) in rear seat was a pleasant surprise.

Gurus - Any suggestions on where I can get some universal adapters to charge my laptop (19v/4.5A - this may not work), netbook(12v/3A) and USB based mobile chargers.

Also, the speakers do not seem to have any brand name. Just the 'Malaysia' plus some alphanumeric id for which I did not find any match on google.

Vijay
Attached Thumbnails
My Manza is here...finally..-backseatfolded.jpg  

My Manza is here...finally..-dickyopenbackseatfolded.jpg  

My Manza is here...finally..-dickyview.jpg  

My Manza is here...finally..-rearseatcharger.jpg  

My Manza is here...finally..-rearspeaker.jpg  

My Manza is here...finally..-rearspeakerboth.jpg  

Old 7th December 2009, 16:17   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
More snaps of the rear seat folded & dicky.

Any suggestions on where I can get some universal adapters to charge my laptop (19v/4.5A - this may not work), netbook(12v/3A) and USB based mobile chargers.
My brother had similar requirements due to long traveling times b/w home and work with generous bit of touring involved. The solution here was a BELKIN Anywhere DC/AC Adapter with USB charging port which I found at Jumbo electronics and have also seen at Croma stores. Cost was about Rs. 1750/-

My Manza is here...finally..-200_004542.jpg

With this device, you can charge/power just about anything (laptop, mobile, USB mobile, even photo printers, etc) and is great for car use. The great thing is you don't have to worry bout universal adapters since this device has a proper three pin power input (which incidentally supports plugs from US, UK, Europe in addition to Indian pins), just use your laptop's charger.

My Manza is here...finally..-belkinf5c412au300w1_lrg.jpg

(Image Source : Google Images)
Old 8th December 2009, 12:07   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Hey rite2shree, we did not hear back from you after you confirmed getting back your satin gold with starter rectified. Post some snaps buddy.
Specifically with the backdrop of the fantastic backdrop of the number of beaches and temples stone's throw away from your place.
Also, do share any other observations/niggles you came across.

Vijay
Sorry for the delay Vijoy. Was very busy all the week. Got HER on the 4th of December. This is my Initial ownership review thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html). Will post many more snaps soon.
Safe motoring.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:52   #100
BHPian

@vjot3, Congrats on your new toy. Did u try to find the FE of MANZA?
Old 10th December 2009, 11:19   #101
BHPian

@ Vijoy - noticed this slight out-fit in one of your pictures.

Is the panel really coming out of the seam line?
Attached Thumbnails
My Manza is here...finally..-untitled1.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 11:23   #102
BHPian

Look at the finish near the ignition key.
It reminds me of a photograph posted by someone comparing finish of Made in India (ranjangaon) GP vs Made in Italy GP.
Attached Thumbnails
My Manza is here...finally..-untitled2.jpg  

Last edited by rove_drives : 10th December 2009 at 11:31.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:53   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
My brother had similar requirements due to long traveling times b/w home and work with generous bit of touring involved. The solution here was a BELKIN Anywhere DC/AC Adapter with USB charging port which I found at Jumbo electronics and have also seen at Croma stores. Cost was about Rs. 1750/-

Attachment 241020

With this device, you can charge/power just about anything (laptop, mobile, USB mobile, even photo printers, etc) and is great for car use. The great thing is you don't have to worry bout universal adapters since this device has a proper three pin power input (which incidentally supports plugs from US, UK, Europe in addition to Indian pins), just use your laptop's charger.

Attachment 241021

(Image Source : Google Images)
Thanks akhilesh51. I did order 200W belkin on rediff for 1775/-. Only later saw that ebay had the same for ~1500.

@rkg - Thanks for the pointers. Only I had read your post too before ordering for Belkin. Anyway thanks.

Folks - The car has two 12V DC outlets in front near the gear system and in rear near the right corner adjacent to speaker. Can I use both same time?

BTW, giving vehicle for first service today (driver & dad are in autofin as I write this post). Any particulars I should care for?. I could not locate any To-Do list and hence the question.

Vijay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
@ Vijoy - noticed this slight out-fit in one of your pictures.

Is the panel really coming out of the seam line?
That's right rove_drives

Last edited by Zappo : 16th February 2010 at 16:19. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:20   #104

Took the test drive with HIM Motors, Delhi, couldnt' figure out much as the salesman with me only allowed a round trip of a 300-500 mtr long gali. instead of a proper road.
That aside, I already have more info from GTO's review than I could find from any test drive I could have. Also, like everyone else, they only had a diesel TD vehicle, so the TD didn't matter much to me.
The reason I went was to have a fresh look at the interiors and here're the things me and my cousin didn't like:
- The door handles (the big ones that're NOT the ones used to open the door). They're not single piece, are hollow and squeak when held firmly. My cousin wasn't too fond of the internal door opening handles, but I didn't have any problem with those - other than they could have better aesthetics.
- The display of the ICE. I mean its an advanced machine playing USB, CDs, FM and BLUETOOTH! All this with a face only a mother could love! The owner would love to show the bluetooth features to friends except for the looks of that unit.
- The gap in parts around the ignition key area that rove_drives pointed out.
When we commented on the quality of plastics used, the salesman said "Tata ki steel ki factory hai toh bahar steel achha lagaya hai, bus plastic ki factory khulne do, phir dekhna badhiya plastic lagayega!!"
*LOL*
Old 14th December 2009, 11:29   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Now, I agree that I cannot judge that completely by looking at the pictures, what I can say is that the shut-lines seem to be uniform and precise. Something that I feel proud about, the progression that Tata has made in each generation of it's automobile products. I can vouch for the fact that the shut-lines are comparable to most cars currently available in India
, The same thing I would like to say about the tata about the progression that had made as a truck manufacturer into a car manufacturer but sadly, it took nearly 20 years for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks