Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 22:02   #1
BANNED

My Manza is here...finally..

After waiting for 4 weeks for concorde to deliver on their promise and getting a 'I am clueless' response from everyone right from sales guy till the GM, yesterday evening concorde GM updated that he got news from Tata that ABS versions are not planned for this month's production. He said that at least 2 months wait period would be reasonable and adviced me to take back the booking amount while he would still ensure that I get priority once ABS Saffire Monarch Red entered production.

Gave up and asked him to provide color & availability details for Aqua & Aura versions. He assured that the sales head will be calling back in 10 mins. After waiting for 45 mins for the call, synced up with Zappo on ABS. He again spent next 10 mins explaining why ABS makes sense for such a huge car with examples & experiences and again convinced me to wait for ABS.

Then called up the two Autofins and Mallik to check for what they HAVE since was convinced that the 2 week assurance was no longer true given that the issue was with production line. Both autofins came back saying that have display piece of ABS Saffire in Satin gold. Since this was the second color of my choice, asked them to clarify on transfer of the loan sanctioned from Axis. While they were getting details, bugged Zappo again on 'demo' car and what to look out for. Had already concluded that the small amount of dirt & TD are OK given the scarcity and Zappo supported my view.
Meanwhile Autofin Secunderabad came back with finance guy from axis who clarified that it would hardly take 30 mins to get the preforma & transfer.

So today morning 10 am went to autofin with dad, checked the vehicle for issues (since I did not have chance to take printout of pre-delivery list, took the netbook itself with me) - car had 30 km which they said was for PD, they had seperate 'TD cars' which was assuring. Using the list, checked interiro, audio etc., while Axis guy intiated the process. Had to give up the negotiated 10% interest for 11% since the per month extra amount was very small.

Meanwhile concorde sales rep and Axis guy there got the wind of the deal and started calling back saying that they have a car in black color and would hold it for me.

Showed them the three freebies list concorde had assured & they agreed to provide the same. Then they came back saying that with cheque TR may be difficult & hence a DD would be prefered and assured that they will pay the charges. Sales guy took me to bank in a demo car & in 10 mins DD was ready.

Was back in showroom by 12.30 but no sign of any progress in loan tranfer. Axis guy in concorde started throwing spanner by giving excuses & saying he is busy with another customer/he needs one day to complete the process/can I get at least the insurance etc.,
After giving some of my thoughts to him & his manager, took dad to the famous Paradise hotel for lunch(actually I was the one who had been yearning to go there since I moved to Hyd two years ago for their famous biryani ).
1.30 PM and still nosign of performa from axis. Car was taken back side for servicing. While I had intially asked for a car wash citing the dirt in back seat & interior car handls, the service guy explained that being a demo car they had kept the exteriors sparkling clean and a water wash would only leave water mark while he agreed to remove the dirt inside.
Finally got the performa from axis at 4.30 PM after another round of calls to all the guys.
In next one hour got the invoice, TR, freebies fited and demoed by service guy and by sharp 5.30 left the showroom. Reached home by 6.45 after making it thru the bumper to bumper friday eveing traffic. Was too tired to even go to temple for Puja, convinced Mom to do the honors for now while assuring all to take vehicle to temple tommorow morning.
No photos yet (has taken the camera exactly as suggested but was too tired) of my own but was pleaseantly surprised when the service guy took out a camera & made me & dad pose for a snap.

Thanks Zappo for the support & convincing on safety first, GTO and rest of TBHP for convincing me to wait for Manza while I had actually made up my mind on CS almost 6-7 months back.

Hoping to add more soon.

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 13th November 2009, 22:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the first one to congratulate you. Good that you went with the ABS.The first Manza on t-bhp ! Enjoy your drive ! Do post some photos, and details as soon as possible.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 13th November 2009 at 22:17.
Old 13th November 2009, 22:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy!

That was one heck of an experience.

Take rest and hope to see some great photos tomorrow.
Old 13th November 2009, 22:31   #4
BHPian

Congratulations

Post some pics and soon!!!
Old 13th November 2009, 22:32   #5
BHPian

Hjoy3, congrats. wheres the pics. good choice to go with ABS.
Old 13th November 2009, 22:37   #6
BHPian

Firstly , Congratulations.
Post some pics of the car as soon as possible and if time permits, ill drop down some day to have a look if you dont mind
Old 13th November 2009, 23:35   #7
BHPian

Hi! Vjoy3,
Congrats on your new Manza. First on Team-BHP.
Drive safe & enjoy your drive.
Old 13th November 2009, 23:37   #8
BHPian

Congrats

Congrats for the first Manza on Team Bhp. Pls post the pictures and the initial driving experiences as early as possible. I am very keen to see the Satin Gold colour in real pictures.

You can celebrate the new acquisition again by enjoying the "Khubhani ka Meetha" at Paradise Hotel.
Old 13th November 2009, 23:50   #9
BHPian

Congrats! Post a few pics, Let us know what you feel about it!
Old 13th November 2009, 23:56   #10
BHPian

Congratulations buddy.
Keep us updated with your experience.
Hungry for pics.
Nice buy no doubt.
Old 14th November 2009, 00:47   #11
Team-BHP Support

So finally, the crown is yours. And good that you got the car with the ABS. Here's wishing you many a miles of happy ownership. As I suggested to you take your time to get adjusted to the size and contours of the car. And in the meantime be very very careful of vehicles moving around you as well as stationary things like pillars, doors etc. Many a new cars get a hefty dose of smooch from one of these in the first couple of months.

And yes. Do post a lot of pics. Use a proper camera (no cellphones please) and take the car out somewhere in the open. Being a weekend I would suggest something like either the back of HiTec city or somewhere in the Secb'd cant area (lot of open grounds). Take generous dosage of pics of the inner and outer surfaces, tyres the rear and the front etc. And you better do that by tomorrow man or else people will fill your thread with all these "pics please" one liners which then we will have a tough time deleting as a weekend housekeeping chore.

Last edited by Zappo : 14th November 2009 at 00:49.
Old 14th November 2009, 01:13   #12
BHPian

Congratulation Vjoy!!

So you are first owner of Manza on TBHP. Bravo.

We will look forward to your updates - your initial impressions as well as your long term reviews. So onus is on you to keep us updated on your ownership of this lovely car.
Old 14th November 2009, 01:24   #13
BHPian

Congratulations Vijoy on your purchase.

We wish you many happy smiles and miles with the car. Do post the pics please, enjoy with your new beauty.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:04   #14
BHPian

SO YOU ARE THE KING !!!! Congratulations on being the first Manza owner !!!!! You made the right decision by going for ABS version. Take interior pics from as many angles as possible.

Happy Motoring !!!!!!
Old 14th November 2009, 11:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Good to see a TBPHian got a Manza -the latest from TATA.
Now your driving experience and report alongwith some nice photgraphs will be useful for many !
Enjoy your new posession - Drive safely.
Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks