Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 15:14   #16
BHPian

Hi Gan,

Congratulations on your new car. Sad to hear the handle bar issue in your car. Pray that it's one of a case with you.

I also got a City on 31st Oct, a bit earlier than you. I raised the same issue on GC and I got very good suggestions from guys on this forum. I am trying to follow those and I see an improvement. I am attaching those below here:

By mkc15
Another little trick is to not keep the brakes applied while rolling over the bump. The suspension compresses when the brakes are applied, reducing the GC even further. Slow down to the right speed and release the brakes when the front wheels are on the bump. This is easy with a MT car, but in AT it needs some practice.

By H_Zoom
Couple of tips if it will work for you too:
Try to take the car in a slight angle (diaganolly) over the speed breaker.
Slow it down to about 10-15 kmph as you approach the speedbreaker and as the front tyre is just starts to climb the speedbreaker, apply the break, just enough to let the car slowly glide thru' the speed breaker. Like I mentioned it is as ART and it took sometime for me to master it.

Enjoy and drive Safe!

-Pratim
Old 18th November 2009, 15:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice writeup gans. Congratulations on upgrading from a hatch to a sedan, the feeling is always special. It always takes time for one to adjust to a bigger car after living with a hatch for so many years but you will get used to it pretty quickly. The rear parking sensors should be of great help to you since you now have a car with a boot.

I too was not very impressed with the plastic and fit and finish of the ANHC interiors. Its predecessor, the NHC had fabulous interiors and quality was top notch. However dont let a plastic handle issue dampen your spirits. I'm sure it was just a one off. The interiors of my 6 year old 70k kms run OHC have also held up well. As you keep clocking the kms, you will know the virtues of owning a Honda. Extremely reliable and fun to drive. Service it to schedule and it goes on forever.

Do keep updating this thread with your ownership and service experience. Drive safe.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. Good to hold the same no for the other. And a nice color.
post some interior pics along with both the rides in one shot
Old 18th November 2009, 15:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gans View Post
I was offered an excuse that it came off since it was pulled a bit hard.
Pretty lame excuse that

Quote:
Originally Posted by gans View Post
They somehow fixed it and I had to pay Rs. 200 plus taxes for some missing clip in my 11 day old car.
I think you should have resisted to pay anything. Its not the magnitude of amount which is important but the fact that it seems to be a quality issue which should have been addressed free of cost IMHO for such a new car
Old 18th November 2009, 15:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Even i was also about to buy a Honda City(2004 model) for just 3.75L which had run 58k kms,but wifey gave so many reason for not to buy and had to drop the idea. That too this happened when i was reading this thread(got a call from wifey)
Old 18th November 2009, 15:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I too was not very impressed with the plastic and fit and finish of the ANHC interiors. Its predecessor, the NHC had fabulous interiors and quality was top notch.
Hi Dippy, with the recent facelift, the interior plastic's look, feel seems to be better compared to pre-facelift version. I am saying this from my experience in V AT. Only time will tell about quality. One reservatrion I have about the wooly fabric they have used as door handle trims: those get dirty very easily due to the nature of the fabric. It seems to attract dust and dirt quite easily.

-Pratim
Old 18th November 2009, 15:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new City. Forget the handle bar issue. Nothing major. But the service centre guys should have owned up responsibility and fixed it FOC. Never mind and enjoy your ride.
Old 18th November 2009, 16:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Hi Dippy, with the recent facelift, the interior plastic's look, feel seems to be better compared to pre-facelift version. I am saying this from my experience in V AT. Only time will tell about quality. One reservatrion I have about the wooly fabric they have used as door handle trims: those get dirty very easily due to the nature of the fabric. It seems to attract dust and dirt quite easily.

-Pratim
Yes pritam, I did see that in the pictures in your ownership thread. However I have yet to see the facelift car up close.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:31   #24
BHPian

Congratulations and have fun. Drive safe.
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:43   #25

Thanks pratim, Dippy,Ramsagar,longhorn & muralisk

Some more photos.. this time of the interiors

The proudest owner of the new car and he is the chief PR in charge in getting the world know about this purchase :-)

Me and My City-interior2.jpg

The dash looks OK at least for my taste, but the glove box could have been better. May be they reduced the size since CDs are no more required

Me and My City-interior1.jpg

The fabric looks nice ( at least now), but soon I will have to get some covers.
Me and My City-interior3.jpg

Me and My City-interior4.jpg
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:02   #26
BHPian

Hey Gans

Congrats on the buy man ! who sold you the car at Dakshin Honda ? I bought mine there.

You are right in your finding, The shifting is little hard from 1st>2nd. You will get used to it over a period of time.

After reading your roof handle issue, i personally went into my car and pulled it like a mad fellow, the handle refused to budge man . I think its one off case. So dont worry about it. Enjoy the car.

I bought in june, i am absolutely enjoying the car though i have option of better powered vehicles. Its a butter ride all the way. They could have done better with noise proofing and the lights.

Not a silliest of issues till now , but for an accident recently at my office. One of the luggage auto which keeps coming to my office had rammed and the bonnet had a big dent. I have got it replaced with a new one.

My sincere suggestion to you to get the car serviced at Magnum Honda. These guys are really good compared to Dakshin.

Welcome to the ANHC club and keep posting and keep in touch.
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:21   #27
BHPian

Gans you own the best possible option in that price raneg currently available in India. Or may be Cruze could have been another option.
So minor things with handles and stuff are minor.

In long run you will enjoy the sturdiness, comfort, and refinement inside this car.

Do let us know your experiences on longer drives around bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks