Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 12:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Dear Dezpo,
You have suggested to give the daylight pictures of the seat covers.I tried my level best to give you the pictures.These covers are of Fabric ones.Being Chennai is a hot place I have selected for the fabric ones.The cost is Rs.2213.

Someone I think PCS was asking about illumination control in other thread.Yes, it is there in the VDI variant which I observed and tested.It is in the odo meter.Once you press it will show TRIP A second time mde switch press then it will be of TRIP B the third press it will show the illumination control like 0000 which is of full bright odometer.You can hold the knob on the right side it will decrease 000 again 00 and finally 0.You can set it according to your convenient.You can change it to night and day illumination taste.Remember to keep the key in ignition on and head light on then only it will work.

Thank you.
I own a Ritz VDI about 5 months now. I never know it has illumination control. Let me try it out. Thanks for sharing the information!
Old 26th November 2009, 15:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

navansir, thankyou for the pictures, seat covers looks nice.As you have front and rear mouldings why not on doors, which gives a nicer looks to ritz and completes its moulding finish as well good for doors too.
A suggestion, try to keep your air freshner on either side of the cars vents and not above your ICE head unit, which if in case gets leaked would damage your HU.Enjoy your ride.
Old 26th November 2009, 22:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vijay,
Thank you for the great suggestion of the shifting of the Air Freshener to the side vents.It will be done immediately.Regarding the side molding I have to think over.Let me see some one's car with moulding.If it looks nice then I will go for that. To day I went to Haute Car zone for enquiry of alloy wheels.They came down to 18500 for 4 which seems 4000 more than MSM with Stallion and Haue,s is Evo.I am waiting for some one,s comment on it.Let me wait and see.Suddenly I hear some mild rattling above the head.May be on the roof.I have to check with MSM.
Old 27th November 2009, 01:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi Funda,
If you have any idea pl let us know.Can you give some idea about the availability of Lenso Alloy wheels in your area.If anyone is planning to sell their original ZXI Alloys for better look wheels I would like to take as per the dealer offer.

Last edited by navan49 : 27th November 2009 at 01:27.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Dezpo,
You have suggested to give the daylight pictures of the seat covers.I tried my level best to give you the pictures.These covers are of Fabric ones.Being Chennai is a hot place I have selected for the fabric ones.The cost of the seat covers is Rs.2213
Thanks Navan. Looks nice, I might go for this if I find a suitable cover.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi dezpo,
It is not a problem of getting the seat covers.I think you can get it from any Maruti dealers because it is MGA ones.They have leather and fabric.I remember they have 3 shades.2 balck with different Lining and the other one with beach color type.Have a nice time.
Old 28th November 2009, 00:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi TBHPians,
Day by day I get lot of constructive things and ideas in the Team BHP forums.I found a new area of BHPians market place.Where lots of buy and sell happen.Every BHPians can check once in a while where we can get or dispose of some of our needy items or unwanted items.

My Sweet charior Ritz VDI ABS

Last edited by navan49 : 28th November 2009 at 00:06.
Old 28th November 2009, 15:56   #23
BHPian

Hi navan,
Your car looks great especially from side view. The stickers look good too! Were these the MGA ones? Remember seeing similar stickers in the online accessary catalogue somewhere.
Old 28th November 2009, 16:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suddenly I hear some mild rattling above the head.May be on the roof.I have to check with MSM.
i dont think roof would rattle,maybe lights or handles might be loose and making noise, check them out.
Regarding door mouldings i have seen many cars here with complete mouldings,side,front and rear and believe me looks good, will try to get you a picture.Also it helps for doors body not kissing anything else then those mouldings.
Old 28th November 2009, 22:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thank You Vijay,
Thanks for your time to time visit of my thread and the suggestions.I did changed the Airfreshner to the left vent I mean front passenger side.I had been to all over India.In the North and eastern India really the people decorate and care the car.Almost 90% of the cars are with door Visor.But in Chennai 1 % will not have that door visor. Even 5% of the car owners will not do the full floor mating job.The bucket type floor mats are also very rare.In such a society I have more than others cars.Let me wait for some time.Any how pl send a clip of Side moulded car. Bye
Thank you.
Old 28th November 2009, 22:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pacman,
You talked about the Graphics.You were right that is MGA ones.Just I wanted a change among hundreds of silky Silvers in the City.It costed 791. I got and done fixing in ABT.For fixing it was free.As you got the car from ABT please tell them to fix it free of cost.Please put this condition before purchase.MSM they sell and arrange some one to fix additional cost is 200.I believe if I am not wrong yours is glistening grey.This graphics will look good.If you are around south chennai you can visit me.For the rest send PM.
Old 28th November 2009, 22:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends those who followed the RITZ VDI ABS thread in introduction may continue the follow in this thread.As that thread was unknowingly created in Introduction with out knowing the rules of Team BHP.
Thanks.

Last edited by navan49 : 28th November 2009 at 22:42.
Old 29th November 2009, 00:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

here the pic i was talking about
Old 29th November 2009, 00:53   #29
BHPian

Hats Off

Hello Navan Sir,

It was very encouraging for a budding car enthusiast like me to see someone of your age in a forum and readily sharing your knowledge, experience and expertise on Cars without even a pinch of EGO. Hats Off!! This goes to show that the true essence of aging in only in the mind and not in the body and it is another testimony to team-bhp for its diversity on all aspects. It Projects the uniqueness of our nation - "Unity in Diversity!!"

Nice to see that the VDi is proving to be one of the pioneers in Fuel Efficiency, power and handling fronts when it comes to Diesel Engines. Hope my Next car is a diesel one!!

I Own a Maruthi WagonR Vxi 2008. You did mention earlier that your WagonR used to give only 9 – 10 KMPL inside the city. I beg to differ. Mine gives a minimum of 13 – 15 KMPL inside the city and during one of my long trips I got almost 19.5 KMPL. For day to day driving which includes a 35 KM drive to my Office I get around 14 – 15 KMPL. It is due to the changes in the Shape as well as the aerodynamics after the number of facelifts. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Seeing all these reminds me to start my ownership thread since my WagonR has done almost 10,000 Kms in 6 Months.

My ignorance is amusing. Can someone enlighten me on what’s the difference between a normal floor mat and a Full floor mat with some photos?
Old 29th November 2009, 09:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi Young Man,
It is nice to get an appreciation from a Youngster. What is there in age and ego.Finally we have to have two options that too not our own but our siblings and relatives option.Either the under ground or in the fire.With in reaching that time why to have all these egos.Let us be humans rather than ego ians. Next there is nothing wrong in your Wagon R mileage. You may get the said mileage.The mileage is based on 3 points.One the road and city drive,2 the driving style,3,The vehicle & Machine,We cannot assure all wagon R all giving same. I may not be a lucky one to have like your one. Some of my friend's machine also gave 11 to 12.Seems yours is good engine.Mine I got it as a second hand one with 14000 kms run which was used with LPG.When I bought I removed the LPG.So there may be some reasons behind it for the low mileage.
Yes You can start your own thread in the group Long time ownership or in the Test drives and initial ownership.One year and 10k mileage can be considered as long time ownership.

Floor.Mats. Basic only mats inside the cabin Driver,Front passenger and the back passenger;Full is basic plus boot or Dicky mat.Enjoy the Wagon R.Be careful when you are above 90kms/hr speed.My own experiences speaks.Yours might be different and safer too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks