Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 23:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.

Dear Members,
As I am a new member and one of the senior members by age and junior most in knowledge about starting a new thread, I request you to guide me at par of age.. I had started my driving life with Bajaj Super Scooter, Then went for Bajaj Chetak, then for Hero Honda CD100,follwed by that I went for YEZDI and the last 2 wheeler was Kawazaki Bajaj,Then slowly migrated to Indica, to Wagon R and finally RITA VDI ABS. In comparison with other cars it is a good one and I enjoy the use of ABS first time in this car.As I am not much aware of the cars, I would like to Post my Car’s performance and would like to get your suggestions.
The New car of mine has crossed the mark of 6530kms with in two months. All these kms are driven by me. After the second service a High way around 250kms and 65 kms city driving gave 34kms /ltr. If this thread is accepted then I will give more write up from the day of delivery to till now. I do will add the accessories I added and where I get.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th November 2009 at 01:14. Reason: Please preview your post before publishing it. Remove formatting taggs or don't copy-paste from an external editor. Thanks.
Old 15th November 2009, 02:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Tbho and Congratulations for your new car.

34kmpl under normal road conditions is quite impossible. What method did you use to check the consumption figure? And what speed was maintained on this stretch?
Old 15th November 2009, 02:34   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congrats navan49!

6530kms with in two months really justifies the selection of a diesel car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
After the second service a High way around 250kms and 65 kms city driving gave 34kms /ltr.
34 kms/ltr? That would be similar to what magazines acheive during mileage runs!

Please have a look at these threads for proper guidelines to calculating mileage-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/5559-fe-measurement-clinical-method-practical-method.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...fficiency.html

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th November 2009 at 02:42.
Old 15th November 2009, 08:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

I AM SORRY IT IS NOT 34KMS BUT 24KMS /LTR.IT WAS A TYPOGRAPHICAL MISTAKE.Seems the thread is accepted and comments are coming in.So more detais will follow.

HI ANSUMAN,
IT WAS A TYPOGRAPHICAL MISTAKE IT WAS 24KMS NOT 34KMS.PLEASE ACCEPT THE CORRECTION.I drive in the speed range of 70 to 80 in the highways which is nice.Twice I went above 120 to check the stability of the car.It is good.Due to the Rain I could not post the pictures.The accessories I fit are KENWOOD 543 and Kenwood 6" speakers both same 2 way speakers.They are really grat for this car.
Sear Covers Black GA fabric one.Parcel Tray,GA Security remote Lick Nippon,Floor mat full GA Transparent.Door Visor and a mild simple sticker,I did service both 1 and 2 in Maruthi Service Masters in Chennai.They do wonderful job.So far no rattles.Rest everything with the car is very fine.

Last edited by bblost : 15th November 2009 at 09:10. Reason: back 2 back posts, use edit when posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 15th November 2009, 08:53   #5
BHPian

wow, 24 kmpl is great. I am sure this is one of the reasons why DDiS engine is considered as one of the best diesel heads! Please do post some pictures of your Silky beauty!
Old 15th November 2009, 16:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

navan, congratulations on your ritz vdi, good that you choosed along with ABS which is necessary in all cars.FE you said is amazing.Do post some cool pictures and enjoy your ride.
Old 15th November 2009, 20:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yes Vijay,
It seems people think that I waste money in ABS,Door Visor and the graphics.ABS I wanted a safe break facility.Door Visor I need some air circulation while under lock and key as well as fresh air during rain.Graohics I wanted my car should be identified of the graphics because there are maximum silky silvers are in the market. Fabric seat cover for Chennai heat I needed that than the Leather ones.KENWOOD I accepted healf heartedly especially the small 6" 2 way kenwood speaker.In the market there are 4 way and 3 ways.I was looking for many ways but settled with 4 nos 6" 2 way speakers and the performance is wonderful and my Toyota (Foreigners who are used with Prado,Corolla and Hilux)are asking for the combination of my sound system.Planning to look for alloy wheels now and Bridge stone Tyres after my JK completes 35k or 40k.Regarding Srvice I will stick to Maruti Service Masters in Chennai.I get the best services there than the services rendered by other MASS for my WAGON R in the past.If I find some good things I will bring it here as well as worse also will appears if it comes to my Ritz.
Old 15th November 2009, 20:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

24 KMPL is a good mileage. DDIS is not regarded the best Diesel engine only for the mileage but for the power and tourque it delivers in a low RPM through a huge RPM band. It also has the best transmission and a great engine transmission fit.

Last edited by DieselFan : 15th November 2009 at 20:57.
Old 15th November 2009, 21:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi Df,
I did drove Indica in the past.But in comparison with my other cars this is the best.I test drive Swift but being a bolerian and wagon R ian I found the seats are low.The interiors are superb in this class.I did test drive the Swift and finally landed in Ritz.For me evrything is fine and I am not a racer and an old man needs confort and safety and I get it in my ABS and in addition I get Fe.
Old 15th November 2009, 21:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Navan-sir, please post some photos of your car when time permits. That's a very good mileage you are getting.

Did you get any discounts during purchase ? I hear that there are some discounts on the Ritz.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 15th November 2009 at 21:21.
Old 16th November 2009, 01:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Finally here comes some Photos OF The Silky taken in the rainy days
Attached Thumbnails
Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-seat-cover-copy.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-system-look.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-ac-control-knobs-cigar-ligh-copy.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-side-door-utilities-copy.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-utility-areas-copy.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-look-back.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-front-view.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-ritz-side-view.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-hazardous-light-switch-copy.jpg  

Old 16th November 2009, 10:23   #12
BHPian

Navan Sir,
24kmpl is very impressive, may be you can share driving tips with us.
Also, how much did the seat covers cost? Would it be possible for you to share the seat cover pics taken in day light?
Old 24th November 2009, 21:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dezpo,
What driving tips I can give. I do drive like you people only but I never cross 80Kms/Hour in the High ways. The seat covers are of fabric bought from Maruti Genuine accessories marked Maruti Service Masters, Chennai and fitted by them. You are right I will try to take the snaps in a day light and post them again. I saw the spoiler of the Ritz Zxi Blue blaze from bangalore in the forum. Really good but I don't get the Ritz spiler in Chennai.

Hi Ritzians,
Now it is of the third month of my Ritz. So far it is going well. Still I want to know something. Where to get a spoiler for my VDi. It seems it is difficult to get in Chennai.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th November 2009 at 23:14. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead or EDIT original post once its approved. Thanks
Old 26th November 2009, 12:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Mga Fabric Seat Covers

Dear Dezpo,
You have suggested to give the daylight pictures of the seat covers.I tried my level best to give you the pictures.These covers are of Fabric ones.Being Chennai is a hot place I have selected for the fabric ones.The cost of the seat covers is Rs.2213
Attached Thumbnails
Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-up-load-40.jpg  

Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-up-load-front.jpg  

Last edited by navan49 : 26th November 2009 at 12:16.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Mga Fabric Seat Covers

Dear Dezpo,
You have suggested to give the daylight pictures of the seat covers.I tried my level best to give you the pictures.These covers are of Fabric ones.Being Chennai is a hot place I have selected for the fabric ones.The cost is Rs.2213.

Someone I think PCS was asking about illumination control in other thread.Yes, it is there in the VDI variant which I observed and tested.It is in the odo meter.Once you press it will show TRIP A second time mde switch press then it will be of TRIP B the third press it will show the illumination control like 0000 which is of full bright odometer.You can hold the knob on the right side it will decrease 000 again 00 and finally 0.You can set it according to your convenient.You can change it to night and day illumination taste.Remember to keep the key in ignition on and head light on then only it will work.

Thank you.

Last edited by navan49 : 26th November 2009 at 12:36.

Most Viewed