Old 25th November 2009, 22:11   #31
BHPian

NDTV reivew of new SX4

Old 2nd December 2009, 11:43   #32
BHPian

SX4 vs i20 vs City

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
I got a chance to test drive i20 AT and SX4 AT in ORR Bangalore. Both are different cars with their own strenghts. I thought a comparison is warranted since prices difference between the cars is not very high.
Very interesting comparison, the i20 is a great package as attested to by the sales. I guess if you don't need a big boot it is the best buy available in the 5 lakhs+ range. The only point I disagree with is the negative comment about lack of electrical driver seat adjust in SX4. Not aware of any car in the sub 10-lakh segment that has this, so seems a little unfair.

Another interesting comparison I spotted was between City AT and SX4 AT in the latest Auto Bild. They have rated City higher on the engine, interior quality, AT operation (and thereby FE) while SX4 is rated higher on ride, handling, features and space. (I have left out points about exterior looks and the 'H' prestige factor as I feel they are subjective.).

They wrap up by saying that because of the price difference both cars score almost the same points in their rating system. I must say I agree (and prepare for the flood of criticism from City fans )
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:41   #33
BHPian

I'm expecting maruti is goin to come up with Swift AT soon, and it is goin to be competitively priced around 7lacs +, hence the SX4 is priced in the 8lac+ range
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Another interesting comparison I spotted was between City AT and SX4 AT in the latest Auto Bild. They have rated City higher on the engine, interior quality, AT operation (and thereby FE) while SX4 is rated higher on ride, handling, features and space. (I have left out points about exterior looks and the 'H' prestige factor as I feel they are subjective.).

They wrap up by saying that because of the price difference both cars score almost the same points in their rating system. I must say I agree (and prepare for the flood of criticism from City fans )
The Latest AutoCar India (Dec 2009) issue has a review on the new SX4 VVT. The VVT manual is faster to the 100KMPH mark by around 0.7 secs; 0-100 KmPh in 11.4S compared to the 12.1 s of the earlier SX4. However, they have commented that the in gear times are slightly more than the current SX4
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:38   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Good review, Some pics would have been better. The gear ratios on the manual version have been altered, Any comments?
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:51   #36
BHPian

Year end discount on SX4

I got an offer from a Bangalore dealer for the new SX4 as below:

25,000 ( owners discount)
25,000 (as exchange bonus for old Maruti)
4,000 ( as Corporate discount)

That makes the SX4 AT cheaper by 2 Lacs to the City AT. Is this a good deal or can something better be extracted ? After these discounts, the SX4 AT is coming less expensive than the i20 AT with sun roof.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:21   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

hey
please do PM me which dealer and final price!
this might well be the tipping point for SX4 AT for my good friend who wants to buy asap!
request you to share details please
Thanks!

Quote:

That makes the SX4 AT cheaper by 2 Lacs to the City AT. Is this a good deal or can something better be extracted ? After these discounts, the SX4 AT is coming less expensive than the i20 AT with sun roof.
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
hey
please do PM me which dealer and final price!
this might well be the tipping point for SX4 AT for my good friend who wants to buy asap!
request you to share details please
Thanks!
Shankar, The deal is available with any Maruti dealer in Bangalore. I talked to RNZ motors in Hosur road, Pratham in ORR and Kalyani motors in Bannarghatta road. Planning to bargain for something more.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:

B, could you help me understand the owner's discount a little better please, namely
a. Is this offered only to owners of SX4 or any other Maruti car as well.
b. Is this offered only on exchange, or even if you intend to keep your existing car?

Need to know as the offers available in Pune are nowhere as good. Haven't heard of the owner's discount here and exchange and corporate bonus much lower as well. Pune prices posted by me on the new car price thread here
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
B, could you help me understand the owner's discount a little better please, namely
a. Is this offered only to owners of SX4 or any other Maruti car as well.
b. Is this offered only on exchange, or even if you intend to keep your existing car?

Need to know as the offers available in Pune are nowhere as good. Haven't heard of the owner's discount here and exchange and corporate bonus much lower as well. Pune prices posted by me on the new car price thread here
a. Owner's discount of 25k is something which they are giving to everybody flat. It is available for everyone with or without a maruti car.
b. Other 25k is available only if you have a maruti car for exchange.

The details of the scheme is available in Times of India's automobile section today posted as ads by Kalyani motors. Yesterday it came in Deccan Herald but posted by Maruti I guess.

I checked the price of Honda City AT today. It is increased to 11.5 L on road after the additions of alloy wheels and fog lights. SX4 AT is a definite bargain then as it is cheaper by 2.5 Lacs.
Old 16th January 2010, 07:25   #41
BHPian

Quoted in part

Quote:
I got a chance to test drive i20 AT and SX4 AT in ORR Bangalore. Below are some of the points which I noticed during the test drives.

SX4 AT:

4) A/C cooled the cabin within seconds. In fact, we switched off the A/C half way through the test drive because we felt it is cold inside the cabin
Why did you not use the automatic climate control feature instead?
Old 17th January 2010, 01:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

How big is the SX4 interior? In the US, they put a 140 bhp engine in it and its priced similar (and compared) to an Altis.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Kizashi is on the way for the market, it looks more of a SX4 Luxury Sis
Old 17th February 2010, 09:53   #44
BHPian

True. Whats probable date in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Maruti Kizashi is on the way for the market, it looks more of a SX4 Luxury Sis
Old 17th February 2010, 10:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devendradesh View Post
True. Whats probable date in India?
may be its expected in June or july 2010, it will stood against civic and altis, jetta segment

Most Viewed