Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 10:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Great choice of car & color!
Old 19th November 2009, 11:26   #17
BHPian

You were one of the lucky ones. Enjoy maadi.
Old 21st November 2009, 01:55   #18
BHPian

Update on having driven 150 km in the Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
Finally today saw the arrival of the Fox Trot Azure Linea 1.4 petrol Emotion Pack at VST Motors after the PDI. This was after an intolerable wait for the vehicle to have been transported from Ranjangaon over the past 3 weeks. I was finally able to touch and check the vehicle and even drive it today. I went to the dealership VST Motors, Chennai armed with a 12 page printout of the PDI Checklist thankfully obtained from T-Bhp threads. The Salesman was shocked to see so many items on the todo list!, He was very patient while I carried out the checklist to the T. I managed to go through the entire process over an hour and half and am happy to announce that I could tick mark every item on the checklist except the paperwork which will come only after registration tomorrow. I will be able to take delivery tomorrow once the registration has been done and I intend to be able to drive home in my new FTA Linea tomorrow evening. I have managed to take a couple of pictures at the dealership, and the vehicle has already become the star attraction as this will be the first FTA Linea VST Motors Chennai is selling. This is the first thread which I am starting, which I intend updating with the ownership experience over the days, weeks, months and years to come. I found the other threads on this site so useful, that it helped me every step of the way in my pre delivery ownership experience this far. Hoping to hear comments from other members.
Hi, Am on top of the world and singing (not that I can sing well) But in reality am really glad for the decision to go in for a Fiat Linea 1.4 emotion pack Fox Trot Azure. The colour looks awesome. Am in love tra la la la.And what a commanding feel it gives to me when I drive. Sorry I am being so eloquent about the car, but this is what the Linea does.
I picked up the car yesterday at 4.20pm with the family. The delivery went off like a song, And with the family, we took a drive to get Gods blessings, and then went and showed the vehicle to my parents and grandparents. The odometer read 50 when I took delivery. As I key in this, the odo shows 164, Having had a wonderful time driving it at night, when the roads are empty and the Linea being the King of the road. The experience has been great.

Just a couple of small irritations which I am sure I can get it done tomorrow. The chrome beading on the front doors are peeling off closer to the edges of the door and it requires some good glue to paste it. The other thing, I dont know for sure, whether it is there or it is my imagination. There is a clickety clack sound coming from the rear left when I take a left turn. Can anyone throw some light?

I got the Registration plates done through the dealer. The High Securitynumber plates are not yet known to this dealership, So I am in two minds as to whether to change the number plates right now or whether to wait for the order to take effect in Chennai.

I am planning to go in for a GPS unit, the mapmyindia unit VX 140 seems to be a steal with 620 towns and cities being covered. and all this in 4.3" screen.Seems to be a steal at 15k. I am waiting for my Fiat Tyre valve caps to come in and the Fiat tissue box holder both of which I ordered through the net. Not much else to add onto a Emotion Pack.

The blue and me is working fine. I have added a few of my key contacts onto the car, and as my phone is a N95 which doesnt get support for SMS reader, I dont have much to say on that.

Am adding a few pics of the car with and without the number plate. Comments, suggestions and Advice are always welcome. Cheers guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-201120091040.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-church.jpg  

Old 21st November 2009, 07:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

congrats. be carefull about the A.S.S
Old 21st November 2009, 10:14   #20
BHPian

Thanks Geeash. WIll be carefull. Need some advice on the parking sensors. Can you advice me about it. Can I speak to you about it? Do let me know. Thanks.
Old 21st November 2009, 14:10   #21
BHPian

Hey Rhenius congrats man and welcome to the club. Great colour. Wish it was available at the time when we bought it. It wasn't so we had to make do with F.Red. Good to see that Linea's got you all excited, it was the same with us; heck, it still is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The first few lucky customers got it without premium and I am one among the lucky ones to get it without premium, whiich I came to know now only!

The screen shot of Fiat price list states so clearly. When I booked, this premium was not at all there.
You're one lucky guy man.

Quote:
I am waiting for my Fiat Tyre valve caps to come in and the Fiat tissue box holder both of which I ordered through the net.
Where exactly on the net?
Old 21st November 2009, 16:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Congratulations on buying a new Linea
your car looks great, especially between those pillers.
wish you many many happy driving miles, years.
drive safe, have fun
Old 21st November 2009, 17:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to take some pictures for posterior use as these would be my first glimpses of the new mistress in my life.
Congratulations, Rhenius, on a very elegant color and ride.
On a lighter note, I take it you wanted to capture the event for 'posterity'. (though with a nice looking enough mistress, a 'posterior' view would be uplifting, as well! ;-) )
Old 21st November 2009, 18:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Congratulations, Rhenius, on a very elegant color and ride.
On a lighter note, I take it you wanted to capture the event for 'posterity'. (though with a nice looking enough mistress, a 'posterior' view would be uplifting, as well! ;-) )
True, but as you have got the pun. the posterior is actually one of the better looking ones in the business... ha ha ha. She's a beauty, Aint she?
Old 21st November 2009, 20:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Am on top of the world and singing (not that I can sing well) But in reality am really glad for the decision to go in for a Fiat Linea 1.4 emotion pack Fox Trot Azure. The colour looks awesome. Am in love tra la la la.And what a commanding feel it gives to me when I drive. Sorry I am being so eloquent about the car, but this is what the Linea does.
I picked up the car yesterday at 4.20pm with the family. The delivery went off like a song, And with the family, we took a drive to get Gods blessings, and then went and showed the vehicle to my parents and grandparents. The odometer read 50 when I took delivery. As I key in this, the odo shows 164, Having had a wonderful time driving it at night, when the roads are empty and the Linea being the King of the road. The experience has been great.

Just a couple of small irritations which I am sure I can get it done tomorrow. The chrome beading on the front doors are peeling off closer to the edges of the door and it requires some good glue to paste it. The other thing, I dont know for sure, whether it is there or it is my imagination. There is a clickety clack sound coming from the rear left when I take a left turn. Can anyone throw some light?

I got the Registration plates done through the dealer. The High Securitynumber plates are not yet known to this dealership, So I am in two minds as to whether to change the number plates right now or whether to wait for the order to take effect in Chennai.

I am planning to go in for a GPS unit, the mapmyindia unit VX 140 seems to be a steal with 620 towns and cities being covered. and all this in 4.3" screen.Seems to be a steal at 15k. I am waiting for my Fiat Tyre valve caps to come in and the Fiat tissue box holder both of which I ordered through the net. Not much else to add onto a Emotion Pack.

The blue and me is working fine. I have added a few of my key contacts onto the car, and as my phone is a N95 which doesnt get support for SMS reader, I dont have much to say on that.

Am adding a few pics of the car with and without the number plate. Comments, suggestions and Advice are always welcome. Cheers guys.
I had a minor niggle which I got attended to at the showroom itself. The front left window was getting stuck while I tried to power it up. It was actually going off the alignment. Guess something had happened while the 3M sun control film was being done. So the guys in the showroom said that it was nothing major, and attended to it by putting some W40 ( if i got it correct) spray. And now the window seems to be working quiet fine. Secondly the chrome strips on the front doors were just coming out a bit, so some feviquik did the trick. Will keep updates coming. Its been a joy driving. And I am enjoying each feature of the car. The Avg fuel efficiency has been around 8.5km/l as the driving has been in bumper to bumper traffic. Need to go on some long drives. Just not getting the time to do it.
Had been to Xenos- Nandanam and checked out the reverse sensors. The cost is Rs.3400 for 4 sensors plus another 300 for painting them FTA colour. Can anyone let me know if this is ok. Thanks guys.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a minor niggle which I got attended to at the showroom itself. The front left window was getting stuck while I tried to power it up. It was actually going off the alignment. Guess something had happened while the 3M sun control film was being done. So the guys in the showroom said that it was nothing major, and attended to it by putting some W40 ( if i got it correct) spray. And now the window seems to be working quiet fine. Secondly the chrome strips on the front doors were just coming out a bit, so some feviquik did the trick. Will keep updates coming. Its been a joy driving. And I am enjoying each feature of the car. The Avg fuel efficiency has been around 8.5km/l as the driving has been in bumper to bumper traffic. Need to go on some long drives. Just not getting the time to do it.
Had been to Xenos- Nandanam and checked out the reverse sensors. The cost is Rs.3400 for 4 sensors plus another 300 for painting them FTA colour. Can anyone let me know if this is ok. Thanks guys.
Hi,
Welcome to Linea Club rhenius.
You just mention my name karthik, Silver Linea to Mr.Subramanian,Manager or Mr.Ramaswamy.
you definitely get some discount.
go for 6 sensors as mine.it's very useful in tight parking.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 21st November 2009 at 22:16.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:15   #27
BHPian

Thanks Karthik. Had been there today, but both Mr. Ramasamy and Mr. Subramaniam were not in station. So am going there next saturday to fit the sensors. Will definitely mention your name. How have they put the 4 sensors in the rear? Are they all in a same line or at different heights because of the chrome strip running to a quarter of the bumper on either side?
Old 21st November 2009, 23:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I had a minor niggle which I got attended to at the showroom itself. The front left window was getting stuck while I tried to power it up. It was actually going off the alignment. Guess something had happened while the 3M sun control film was being done. So the guys in the showroom said that it was nothing major, and attended to it by putting some W40 ( if i got it correct) spray.
The spray is called WD40. Its a lubricant which can penetrate rust and moisture.
Quote:
The manual suggests against painting the reverse sensors. It can hamper it's operation, or so they say but I see a lot of guys getting their sensors painted.
Old 21st November 2009, 23:57   #29
BHPian

Congratulations !

Congrats on your Linea. Excellent car to drive. I am sure you will enjoy every minute driving the car.

After sales service with Concorde Motors,Chennai will be a major irritant unless you stay close to the car and observe. Be little careful on this front.

Quote:
Me and Geeash (ashwin) had installed 4 sensors at the back for Rs. 3500 including the painting during July09. Speak to Mr. Subramanian and you may refer our names. They did an exxcellent job.
You may also check with AKS (Karthik) as he had installed 4 in the rear and 2 in the front. Heard its better to install the front bumper too incase you are uncomfortable parking in tight spots.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Karthik. Had been there today, but both Mr. Ramasamy and Mr. Subramaniam were not in station. So am going there next saturday to fit the sensors. Will definitely mention your name. How have they put the 4 sensors in the rear? Are they all in a same line or at different heights because of the chrome strip running to a quarter of the bumper on either side?
check the snaps.
But if you see other countries Fiat Linea site,the sensors are installed below the chrome strip.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-hpim3245.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-hpim3248.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks