Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 00:16   #46
BHPian

Enjoy your drive to Trichy tomorrow. Let us know how the drive went later. Cheers. Happy and safe driving.
Old 29th November 2009, 13:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Linea Meet in Chennai Again :)

Guys,

we will plan to have another Linea meet soon.
Please add your views and time and date
Old 29th November 2009, 13:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

Madhu,

Have you fixed everything in Xenos.
possible post some snaps especially vx140.
I am little dilemma in getting Navi System.
instead i am thinking of windows mobile 6.5 models coming to market soon.
check this url
Windows Mobile 6.5 Mini Review
Old 30th November 2009, 01:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Guys,

Any weekend except 5th Dec is fine with me.
Lets meet at some resort in ECR.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:48   #50
BHPian

Saturday afternoon

Quote:
Guys,

Hi Karthik, Think this saturday afternoon would be a good time to meet.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:57   #51
BHPian

Xenos Update

Quote:
Madhu,

Have you fixed everything in Xenos.
possible post some snaps especially vx140.
I am little dilemma in getting Navi System.
instead i am thinking of windows mobile 6.5 models coming to market soon.
check this url
Windows Mobile 6.5 Mini Review
Hi Karthik, Yes, I have completed my initial phase with Xenos. The parking sensors are up and working, and have purchased the VX 140. Though I had to return there on sunday to give my VX140 to Subramaniam as it refused to power on after working efficiently for one day. He has given me an alternate unit to use till the original gets rectified or replaced.
Windows mobile 6.5 seems good, but I am too much of a Nokia guy to change brands. All my mobiles have been Nokias and currently I am able to use the Blue & Me function for everything except the SMS reader facility which I dont seem to miss much anyways.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:35   #52
BHPian

600 Km Update

Here is my update after completing 600 km within 10 days of picking up my Italian belle. It has been a wonderful drive this far. A small niggle which was attended to last week has already been covered.
On saturday morning, my visit to Xenos was at 11.00am. Got the parking sensors fixed both on the front and rear. I had taken some snaps from the Fiatlinea.es site which showed the original sensors placements (as mentioned in Karthiks reply to my query on the sensors, I had also taken into consideration Karthiks pics which he had posted. I am thankful to Karthik on that front). Got my MapmyIndia navigation unit set up and charged while the work on the sensors was getting underway. Finally all work done.
I made a call to a friend and asked him if he wanted to go on a drive to test my new girl. Picked him up from his workspot on OMR. I managed to finally do an open road 25 km stretch.Went for lunch to Fortune Palms. Had an elaborate and longwinded buffet. Having filled up my stomach, went on to the next phase.
I took my Italian belle for her longest drive yet. Managed to go upto a speed of 90kmph without redlining the rpm beyond 3000. Still to get any info on what is a good RPM to maintain for the initial 2000km?
The Instant Consumption was giving me a 17kmpl reading which made me very happy. Till now I have been getting an average fuel consumption of 9.6kmpl. I am very close to filling my third tank of fuel which I assume will be tomorrow.

On sunday, had to do my regular duties and then in the afternoon while going to drop my wife, had my first instance of the nav unit failing to switch on. I tried everything from charging it in the car to even trying to charge it from the regular wall socket. It just refused to power on. So spoke to Mr.Subramaniam of Xenos and went and handed over the piece. He has given me an alternate unit to use till the original gets rectified or replaced. Am attaching some pictures of the car taken at various places with the Team BHP stickers as well on the number plates.

On a but still on the number plates, I had been to Signs India in Nandanam who are supposedly the only authorised dealer for the Security Number plates which are to become the norm all across the country. There the staff have displayed the Security Number plates, but are not open to taking orders saying that they have not received any intimation on this topic and are not supplying to any dealers/ RTO/ customers. Can anyone corroborate this as I see many cars on the road having the security hologram and the IND symbol as well.

Comments and feedback are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-291120091075.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-291120091074.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-291120091080.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-291120091083.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-291120091084.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-291120091086.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-291120091088.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-251120091067.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-291120091087-1.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 23:21   #53
BHPian

Madhu, nice pictures.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:23   #54
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Madhu, nice pictures.
Thanks Binze. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys at the forthcoming Chennai meet.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:26   #55
BHPian

Madhu, infact i wanted to meet you last saturday at Xenos. Me and Ashwin had plans to meet you on the way from VST but unfortunately my Kid was unwell and Ashwin was struck at work.

We will definetely meet at the Chennai meet.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:54   #56
BHPian

Nice pics Rhenius. Regarding the placement of the reverse sensors- In my view the thing that matters is that the area should be as vertical as possible. I think the manual also adviced against the sensors firing towards the ground. Ours have been placed just above the chrome strips and are still able to pick up objects of a feet's height behind.
Old 1st December 2009, 01:43   #57
BHPian

Reverse sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Nice pics Rhenius. Regarding the placement of the reverse sensors- In my view the thing that matters is that the area should be as vertical as possible. I think the manual also adviced against the sensors firing towards the ground. Ours have been placed just above the chrome strips and are still able to pick up objects of a feet's height behind.
Thanks for your feedback. But I went with what Fiat has done in their Lineas in Spain and other foreign markets. Am attaching the reference pics. And regarding the working. The sensors are working quiet fine especially in the rear end of the car.There is no false alarms being raised except once when I was exiting a down ramp which was pretty steep and almost at 100degree angle to the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-linea-sensors-1.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-linea-sensors-3.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-linea-sensors-4.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-linea-sensors-5.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-linea-sensors-6.jpg  

Old 1st December 2009, 09:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Good Installation.
The one you did is the correct way to fit the sensors.
I wrongly placed my sensors above the chrome strips.
After seeing the picture with sensors below chrome strip in some linea sites only i realized .
But i haven't had any issue so far.
It serves my purpose without any flaws.
Awaiting your review on Vx140 MapMyIndia Navi System.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 1st December 2009, 09:49   #59
BHPian

Drilling into the bumpers

Quote:
Good Installation.
The one you did is the correct way to fit the sensors.
I wrongly placed my sensors above the chrome strips.
After seeing the picture with sensors below chrome strip in some linea sites only i realized .
But i haven't had any issue so far.
It serves my purpose without any flaws.
Awaiting your review on Vx140 MapMyIndia Navi System.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
The only flip side of the sensors is when the drill goes whirring into the bumpers, it really caused a lot of pain to me to see the fibre being just cut through. But in all, guess it is for a good cause. Cheers. Looking forward to catching up with you.
Old 1st December 2009, 11:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
Thanks for your feedback. But I went with what Fiat has done in their Lineas in Spain and other foreign markets. Am attaching the reference pics. And regarding the working. The sensors are working quiet fine especially in the rear end of the car.There is no false alarms being raised except once when I was exiting a down ramp which was pretty steep and almost at 100degree angle to the road.
Yes I had already seen those pics even before we put the sensors in our linea. But your's woking fine and thats what matters. And 100 degree ramp. 90 degrees is vertical so I'm just trying to figure out how you managed to climb up that 100 degree ramp. Where's Ghost Rider- i think he's got competition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks