Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:22   #61
BHPian

Review of Vx140

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Good Installation.
The one you did is the correct way to fit the sensors.
I wrongly placed my sensors above the chrome strips.
After seeing the picture with sensors below chrome strip in some linea sites only i realized .
But i haven't had any issue so far.
It serves my purpose without any flaws.
Awaiting your review on Vx140 MapMyIndia Navi System.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
The Vx140 is working quiet efficiently within the city. Which is what I have travelled so far. The ability to recalculate the direction to a set destination is really amazing. and it does that very fast. I have attached a few pics. Though doesnt do justice to the direction giving capabilty of the same. Cheers and happy driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-021220091093.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-021220091095.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-021220091096.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-021220091097.jpg  

Old 6th December 2009, 23:58   #62
BHPian

The 1000km update

The kilometers seem to be just running away. Its been a pleasure filled experience this far. I just completed 1000 this evening. I intend to get the engine oil changed hopefully this coming week. I need some info on this. I had read some threads which suggested changing the engine oil after 1000km but there seems to be no mention of the same in the owners manual.

The updates from the car. The engine is working quiet nicely and I have managed to get a fuel efficiency of 10.6kmpl for the last tank which I finished in less than 6 days without yet taking ma Italian belle for a long drive. The longest drive has been on OMR (old mahabalipuram road) past the two toll plazas and took the u-turn at Padur. I have not yet managed to touch 100kmph as I dont want to strain the engine revs. IF I am mistaken, let someone correct me. Thanks.

The parking sensors are working quiet well, the other extra which I had bought was the Mapmyindia navigation unit. Though I had given it last week saying that the power was not switching on, Xenos tried sending it across to mapmyindia, but they got back ssaying that there was nothing wrong with it and it worked fine. Then I fitted it back into the car, it worked fine for a day and a half, then the same problem. Now this really made me very irritated and i spoke to Mr. Subbu of Xenos who said he would change the piece. So on friday last it has been replaced with a newer one.

I am attaching a couple of pics taken earlier in the evening to commemorate the 1k completion. Comments and feedback are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-061220091106.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-061220091103.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-061220091105.jpg  

Old 7th December 2009, 01:23   #63
BHPian

Great going Rhenius. Here's to the next thousand.

There is no need to change the engine oil friend. Wate of time and money if you ask me. The oil would be fine. If however you've made your mind then I would suggest that you wait for the first service. C'mon man its a bench run engine, synthetic oil and you feel that the oil cant even last a thousand kms. And if you do go for an oil change then get the filter changed as well.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on crossing 1000Kms mark.
Yes as firstguri,oil change is merely waste of money.
Wait till first service.
Then how is the navi system works now?
I gone there to Xenos on friday to install sunfilms to my anna's Punto.
Heard from Subramanian that you had a visit and left before 30 mts.mere miss
catch you sometimes soon.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:54   #65
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Great going Rhenius. Here's to the next thousand.

There is no need to change the engine oil friend. Wate of time and money if you ask me. The oil would be fine. If however you've made your mind then I would suggest that you wait for the first service. C'mon man its a bench run engine, synthetic oil and you feel that the oil cant even last a thousand kms. And if you do go for an oil change then get the filter changed as well.
Great. So I just keep driving on and on till I hit 15K as that is the first service.
Its not that I feel the oil wont last a 1000km, its just I wanted to flush the oil so that any metal scrap can be flushed out of the engine now that it is running daily. Thats all. No offence meant to the oil
Old 7th December 2009, 11:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats on crossing 1000Kms mark.
Yes as firstguri,oil change is merely waste of money.
Wait till first service.
Then how is the navi system works now?
I gone there to Xenos on friday to install sunfilms to my anna's Punto.
Heard from Subramanian that you had a visit and left before 30 mts.mere miss
catch you sometimes soon.
Will wait as mentioned in my earlier reply to firstguri. I missed you, Yes, I was in a hurry to get back to office! as I had come there during my lunch break. The navi system works fine this far. I had driven to Padur yesterday, where the detailing among the side streets just went a little blank. Only the main road was showing on it. But inside the city, I am really amazed at the quick recalculation of routes and alternate routes within seconds. Its worth the value I paid. Cheers.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:36   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
Great. So I just keep driving on and on till I hit 15K as that is the first service.
Its not that I feel the oil wont last a 1000km, its just I wanted to flush the oil so that any metal scrap can be flushed out of the engine now that it is running daily. Thats all. No offence meant to the oil
Rhenius the first service is at 3k kms. We have not had an oil change till now although engine oil level dropped to min' at around 8k kms. A liter of oil was used to top it up and if you ask me or if anyone drives our car then I dont think that he'll find it any different from some other car which has had an oil change.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:28   #68
BHPian

1700 and on

Guys, the odometer now shows 1700km completed and I am still to take her out of town. I was supposed to be on leave this week to take her to Kodai but work has made me cancel the trip. But today I had to take her to VST Motors to attend to a small rattling noise which I have been hearing when I take her higher than 80kmph. But when Leo (the VST mechanic) drove her for quiet a bit, there was absolutely no squeak which came out. I dont know. I even took him on the same road where I heard the noise, but just refused to be audible this time around. So I came back on one hand happy that there was no noise, but on the other, I know what I had heard last couple of days. Having gone through the various posts, I eliminated most of the possibilities. I had suspected it could be the rear left glass which is causing it as I had to replace the RE35 sun film at 3M a few weeks back as it had sprouted bubbles- they had to remove the panels and affix the new sheet on the glass.
The driving has been a joy and I havent been able to take any further pics. I will definitely post more pics on completion of 2000km which I see within the next week hopefully. The service I have got out of VST seems a refreshing change from whatever I have been hearing and reading on Team BHP with Concorde motors, though geeash's experience last week with the CSC replacement was a pleasant shocker.
Today, I managed to fill nitrogen in all my tyres at B M Lals - Lloyds Road, Gopalapuram. I have a doubt which I hope my esteemed co-members at Team BHP can answer, Should the pressure be 33 pt or less for nitrogen? secondly while filling nitrogen, do they always put in 1 pt more to negate the loss when the nozzle is removed? I would really appreciate if anybody who has experience with nitrogen filling techniques and the correct pressure in the tyres could help. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:59   #69
BHPian

Madhu,
Geeash had 30 psi on all tyres
Karthik had 30 and 27 on front and rear respectively.

I read somewhere that Nitrogen is heavier than normal air and hence 3 points lesser than normal air to be maintained.

Suggest, 30 psi for all tyres would be ideal.

It is also normal to put 1 psi extra to negate the loss when the nozzle is removed. I have seen this at MRF Tryedrome as well.
Old 27th December 2009, 14:46   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Madhu,
Geeash had 30 psi on all tyres
Karthik had 30 and 27 on front and rear respectively.

I read somewhere that Nitrogen is heavier than normal air and hence 3 points lesser than normal air to be maintained.

Suggest, 30 psi for all tyres would be ideal.

It is also normal to put 1 psi extra to negate the loss when the nozzle is removed. I have seen this at MRF Tryedrome as well.
yep,i back to use Normal Air.
33psi and 30 psi in front and rear respectively.
bnzjon you are right.Nitrogen is denser than Normal Air by 3 psi.
For Nitrogen i usually fill 30psi and 27 psi.
Old 27th December 2009, 15:00   #71
J.Ravi

As per Fiat Linea owner's handbook, the cold tyre pressure specified [for fully loaded] is 2.3 bars + 0.3 bar for warm tyres. 1 bar = 14.50326 psi.
2.6 bars = 37.7 psi
2.3 bars = 33.4 psi

Old 27th December 2009, 17:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
As per Fiat Linea owner's handbook, the cold tyre pressure specified [for fully loaded] is 2.3 bars + 0.3 bar for warm tyres. 1 bar = 14.50326 psi.
2.6 bars = 37.7 psi
2.3 bars = 33.4 psi
Thanks Ravi, This would seem to be overinflating the tyres. Thats almost 10 psi more than what is recommended by some tyre agencies.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
Thanks Ravi, This would seem to be overinflating the tyres. Thats almost 10 psi more than what is recommended by some tyre agencies.
Rhenius I think Fiat would would be knowing best what pressures to maintain. I always follow the manufactures instructions. TASS's SA usually dont know a thing about Linea so I suggest referring to the manual for minute details as such. Yes if you are filling Nitrogen then it's a different thing.
Old 5th January 2010, 01:07   #74
BHPian

2000km and on

2000km came on the odo tonight as I was getting back home from work. Its funny that 2k and running, I still am yet to take her out on a long drive. Its just eluding me. The last 400km has seen me taking her really fast in the nights upwards of 110kmph. I am still to see her misbehave on the roads either with the brakes or the steering. I hope not I am at a fix. I have planned a trip to Kodai next week which will entail a drive of more than 1400km, Which means that I miss the 1st checkup at TASS. Any suggestions whether I should have a check before I embark on the drive or should I wait till I finish the drive and then do the checkup and simultaneously take care of any niggles which raises its head on the drive. Comments solicited.
I need some advice on the tubeless puncture kit, where in Chennai do I get this and how much would it be?
The nitrogen filled 33psi tyres are going great. The ride feel has improved, not that earlier was bad, It has become superlative. I am enjoying the drive. This morning for the first time since I have bought my Italian belle, I found another Linea (a Flamenco red) and me going abreast on Nungambakkam High Road, and both the car owners were trying to get a look at the other car. So it was on one hand funny that both cars were going at the same speed almost till the Gemini Signal from the Haddows Road turn off.
I am attaching one picture which I found very symbolic, I had visited the AASI on saturday, and I found an old Fiat 1100D standing, so I managed to take a picture of the new and the old Fiats. This am sure would bring a smile to the readers of this forum. Also putting the mandatory 2000km picture alongwith that.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-020120101119.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-040120101124.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-040120101122.jpg  

Old 5th January 2010, 09:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need some advice on the tubeless puncture kit, where in Chennai do I get this and how much would it be?

Doesnt cost much though mate!!. you can get it from GP road . Make sure you dont travel without it. in remote places there are no tubeless puncture repair.

Do read the manual on how to repair tubeless puncture tyres in team-bhp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks