Team-BHP - My New Getz Prime 1.1 GLE
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My New Getz Prime 1.1 GLE (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/69729-my-new-getz-prime-1-1-gle.html)

Test Drive Report:
This was test driven by my brother. We kept reading that Getz 1.1 is very underpowered and not really worth it. Well, this was on our minds as we got into the car. First impression was very good. The Car is very silent and you do not know that the engine is on at all. Space. Tons of space inside especially when compared to my Zen and the WagonR. I am 5.11 and my bro is 6.0 and with him stretching the driver seat to his usual ease, I could still sit comfy behind. The pickup was quite good and this was with the AC on. Drive felt smooth and also my bro after coming across an auto, slowed down and moved from 3rd gear on slow speed. The car did pick up without any fuss. We were both decided that this was the car we would go.

Booking:
We booked the car on October 25 and after the usual slow processing by SBI, we got the car delivered today. The dealer is Trident Hyundai, 100 ft Road, Indiranagar and the experience I had with them was very excellent. The sales Guy we interacted with was one called Tejas and he knew what he was talking about and also gives good opinion. You can refer either me(Rajesh) or my bro (Sriraman) and he will remember. Not many buy the Getz

Details:

Car: Hyundai Getz Prime 1.1 GLE
Colour: Black
Dealer: Trident Hyundai, Indiranagar.

Freebies:

1. Floor Mats and Mud Flaps
2. Teflon Coating
3. Sun Film

Others:

1. Changed Tyres to the 175 profile ones from the default 155. Cost INR 12,000. Make - Bridgestone
2. Installed AutoCop - Cost INR 2,000 with 3 year warranty

ICE:

We got our existing Blaupunkt head unit moved to the new car. We got the JBL speakers installed and the total cost worked out to INR 6,000. Gave a discount of about INR 800.

I would update as and when Kms are logged for those who are interested :)

Congratulations Raj. Getz is a wonderful car. What's the on-road price?? Did you get any discounts? Post some pics please.

Enjoy, Drive Safe.

Dude without putting pic it is like a text version and doesn't have weightage to the thread

Congrats. How much did it cost on road? And what made you choose this? Cant beat the cabin space of Getz.

raj,

congrats on the new buy. Please post the pictures, it adds value to your post.

Keep posting.

Welcome to the GETZ club brother. I have been driving a getz for over 6 months. I acquired it second hand and in no way i regret buying a getz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1591006)
Congrats. How much did it cost on road? And what made you choose this? Cant beat the cabin space of Getz.

Hi jkdas,
This was the best VFM car at my Budget (approx INR 4 lacs). Considered WagonR, but having driven a Zen so long, I felt WagonR was a level below the Zen. :D

The On Road Price in total was INR 4.2 lacs. After the exchange of my Zen + Corporate Discount and adding the accessories cost, the total came to about INR 3.7 lacs.

The pics of my car :)

Congrats. A decent ride with good pice.
Do you mind me asking for ruling out i10. Almost cost same with refresh interiors with a better iRDE eng.

congratulations on your getz hatch, VFM,spacious with goodbuild and ***, but couldnot do better with its initial higher prices.Keep updating and enjoy your ride,

COngrats vijay. Looks stunning with black color.Happy motoring.

Congrats ! It looks stunning in black although bit difficult to maintain.
Any interior shots ?
Enjoy the ride.

seriously ... getz looks stunning in black! and at 3.7 its a steal.

Congrats and enjoy ur new car!!

the teflon coated black getz. its hot man!

many congrats.

Thanks Guys :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 1592592)
Congrats. A decent ride with good pice.
Do you mind me asking for ruling out i10. Almost cost same with refresh interiors with a better iRDE eng.

Hi Ram,
i10 was feeling very cramped. I did not test drive it and after sitting in it in the showroom, I was not impressed with the Space. I was always looking for that little bit extra space, so the Getz.