Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 19:10   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Reddy@Hyd, is this 1.2 or 1.4 and is it CRDI or petrol ? I didn't find any mention of this in your posts ?
Sorry may be i forgot to mention,eventhough i specified requirements
It's i20 Magna 1.2 petrol
Old 27th November 2009, 21:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Great choice !! I for one think the Magna's a great VFM proposition compared to the Ritz / Swift.
1. pickup on highways - underperformer
I had a test drive of i20 petrol(1.2 liter engine) with 4 adult males in the car. I tried taking the car above 100kmph, it was really difficult to go above 100....it took quite some seconds to reach 110.

2. Steering feedback
I found the steering too unstable/unreliable in terms of the responsiveness.....near zero precision for turning....

3. The plastics
The plastics were really poor. Scratches occuring too fast almost like a poor wool cloth getting the rolling of the fibres...(dunno what the technical term is)

My vote

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th November 2009 at 21:49. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 27th November 2009, 22:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, a comment quite opposite to the general flow of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
I had a test drive of i20 petrol(1.2 liter engine) with 4 adult males in the car. I tried taking the car above 100kmph, it was really difficult to go above 100....it took quite some seconds to reach 110.

Come on - its a supermini with a 1.2 L engine. What did you expect - 0-60 in 3.5?

2. Steering feedback
I found the steering too unstable/unreliable in terms of the responsiveness.....near zero precision for turning....

Could you please elaborate on this - 'near zero precision for turning'?

3. The plastics
The plastics were really poor. Scratches occuring too fast almost like a poor wool cloth getting the rolling of the fibres...(dunno what the technical term is)

Wow - now this is a first timer! (the term for fabric rolling is bobbling)
Seriously - all other members were all praise for i20 plastics.

My vote
Old 27th November 2009, 23:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True.

Quote:
2. Steering feedback
Please define steering responsiveness. If you're talking about feedback, then yes, because it's EPS, but if you aren't utterly disillusioned while driving, you'll get used to it in three minutes flat. And it's a godsend in urban traffic.

Quote:
3. The plastics
The TD car you got was possibly the definition of the proverbial blue moon we keep talking about. I have NEVER heard this one before !! And as an owner, having had the car for more than a month now, I'm nothing but praise for the interior quality in the i20. It's far beyond the competition, and then some.

Quote:
My vote
Clearly not an informed one, then.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th November 2009 at 23:48.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Please define steering responsiveness. If you're talking about feedback, then yes, because it's EPS, but if you aren't utterly disillusioned while driving, you'll get used to it in three minutes flat. And it's a godsend in urban traffic
Agreed, it is too soft. The steering precision difference you will find esp once you drive any of the fiat cars(Palio, Punto, Linea) or even my car ANHC. This means that you will not know how much the car would turn if you steer by 5 degrees. You need to wait for almost a second or so till the actual wheel turns even though your steering would have actually turned by then.

Quote:
The TD car you got was possibly the definition of the proverbial blue moon we keep talking about. I have NEVER heard this one before !! And as an owner, having had the car for more than a month now, I'm nothing but praise for the interior quality in the i20. It's far beyond the competition, and then some.
Agreed, the looks are really deceptive. I also felt an almost WoW when I saw one of my friends i20 full version. The interior features are really superb.

I beleive the Test Drive car is still available with Advaith Hyndai, MG Road. May be I should have taken a picture of it. THis was most visible next to the seat belt area on the B-Pillar where the seat belt buckle has a tendancy to touch the plastics.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:33   #36
BANNED

Quote:
THis was most visible next to the seat belt area on the B-Pillar where the seat belt buckle has a tendancy to touch the plastics.
I agree, Scratch mark like white color comes in that area when ever we releases the buckle and it touches the B-pillar, But this goes away after a wipe whenever you clean the car.
One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-dsc04693-medium.jpg

The other things is they should have provided a dummy buckle lock like at the back on the co-driver side as whenever you go through rough road/pothole the buckle hits the B-pillar and gives an irritating noise (driving alone) , but you always have choice to buckle that in to the actual lock.
One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-dsc04694-medium.jpg

Last edited by wildon : 28th November 2009 at 12:39.
Old 28th November 2009, 13:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Enjoy the car, few people realize that the Magna actually compares very well on price with the Swift/Ritz petrol offerings and is not as overpriced compared to them as the i 20 seems to have a reputation for. As a new driver, be aware and careful of the width of the car, particularly on corners where you will scrape the rear ends if you cut corners too sharp. The car is wide and has a longish wheelbase, you need to get used to that.
To add you can't see the front clearly, the length is deceiving, i have scraped my front bumper twice on a platform while parking, hence stop before hand.
Old 29th November 2009, 11:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
COngrats reddy on the purchase..

Please do post how much FE you get in city and highway, You have mentioned 13 FE on your trip. Isn't this less ? have no idea on Hyundai

Thanks
by the way the car looks stuning
Yes i think it is less.But considering my driving condition(average was 130 kph overall trip) and as it was before first service i think 13 is fine.also it is just an estimate.Didn't calculate exactly.
I thought to check FE with Shell. But i didn't get chance to fill at shell petrol pump.Finally i filled it yesterday with normal petrol ,shell Ameerpet.
Total fuel:44.5L
Price:2400
Had a trip to airport(round trip 120 km) Fuel meter still pointing to full
Will post FE soon.
Old 12th December 2009, 08:57   #39
BHPian

Got front bumper scratched while i was taking car out from a restaurant parking

Can anyone suggest me good place for paint job in Hyderabad(either Hyundai or outside vendors)

Also there was a dent from the very first week on left front door(no scratch.I don't know how that happened) Talwar service told that it needs the entire door to be repainted.charge would be RS:5000. Since no one could even identify that i just left that.
So shall i do both of these jobs done and claim for insurance? or just leave it
Personally I feel doing repaint just for the front scratch with my own money.Please suggest

I took pic in night,so flash dominating the scratch
Attached Thumbnails
One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-dsc04289.jpg  

Old 12th December 2009, 10:58   #40
BHPian

^

Reddy,feel soory for the scratch but cant help.Even I have a similar one on i20,on fron left bumper.Due to the limited visibilty we have to be very cautious while cornering,mine got scaped against parking pillar.

I showed this to dealer & he is quoting 3200 for the bumper repaint.Since my first service is due,planning to get it done that time itself.
Old 12th December 2009, 11:33   #41
BHPian

You could get it painted from the dealer ASAP

Most Viewed