Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 14:51   #16
BANNED

Congrats! Its really looking hot in RED.
Old 21st November 2009, 15:26   #17
BHPian

Congrats Reddy. i20 is a wonderful car, especially wiht the new 1.4 ltr engines. And your car looks cool in this wine red colour. Drive safe buddy.
Old 21st November 2009, 19:17   #18
BHPian

Thanks everyone. Will post my initial experience by tomorrow.
I am looking for seat covers, Sun films and try for bass tube as my friend is desperate to add it.(i feel audio is adequate right now).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
i20 is a good car - no doubt. You have taken a good decision !
Not seen the mud flops are fitted in the car?

Teflon coating - if not yet done, then try opt for underbody anti rust coating instead of teflon coating.

Enjoy - Drive safely

Cheers !
Those pics were taken before my first service. As mud flaps were not available during my buy.Mud flaps and Teflon coating is done during first service
Old 21st November 2009, 19:20   #19
BHPian

Congrats on catching the i. Add a nice set of alloys and she will be a scorcher.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Does anyone know of the break up between Magna and Asta sales for the i 20?
I see more Astas on Mumbai streets than Magnas.
Quote:
=blackasta]As Sawyer rightly suggests, the i20 is deceptively wide (I read somewhere that its wider than the NHC), so be careful at tight turns.
It indeed is.ANHC is 1695 mm wide while i20 is 1710 mm wide (+1.5cm).
Old 21st November 2009, 22:52   #20
BHPian

As pointed by many i20 is wide,i was extra cautious at narrow pass and turns.
Initial driving experience:
For the first 300kms,i just drove between my home and office always worrying about two wheelers and auto rikshawas.
After taking my car firt time to office,the next day my apartment watchman whom i told to clean car regularly pointed me a dent.It was just a dent,no scratches ,i am not sure how it happened whether in office or whille i am driving.I couldn't even sleep properly on that day
One day my friends flight got preponed and it happened me to drop him.first time i got chance to rev it little bit.I could easily touch 100-120 maintaining 3k rpm(4 persons sitting with AC on).

First Shot trip between Hyderabad - Kurnool

I took 1 week off for dussera to celebrate festival in my hometown (Kurnool - 225 kms from Hyderabad).I had an eye treatment,so my cousin took the driver position.Route between Hyderabad - Kurnool is NH-7 which is made four lane recently.So the highway is too good to drive.Actually my sister had her shift (persuing PG in childrens specialization).It was important to go her in time.So my brother drove it a little bit fast.I know the car is running under period but couldn't do anything at that point of time.My cousin is best driver as far as i know( driven many cars for almost 10 years). There are four persons in car(cousin,sister,dad and myself).Maximum speed attained is 160Kph.maintained average speed of 120 kph.So we starter at 12pm and reached by 2:30 pm(total distance covered 240 kms).
It could easily touch 100kph.Haven't chked how much time it took to get to 100.I got just around 13 as FE.ever since i reached home,there was heavy rains in my home town.

One of the worst day in my life:

Got news that due to heavy rains dams in karnataka got opened.Since my house is on uphill,didn't worry initially.But later water started coming almost near to home.By evening it came to ground floor,there was no way to go.Only thing i could do was keep car little bit far from my house near uncles house.I started thinking about insurance. Thank god,that was it,water stopped coming further and started reducing.By the next morning got enough space to leave.So started immediately to anantapur(160 kms from kurnool) where my relatives stay.Again 4 persons in the car,this time myself in driving seats.Road was under construction,so drove slowly.took almost 3 and half hours.

Flood After effects:
Came to know that bridge near kurnool got broke.So no road link from Kurnool to hyderabad.(even buses from bangalore choose different path,which is very long).So just left the car over there and i came back to hyderabad by train.got the bridge fully rectified only after 2 weeks.So i was away from my car for almost one month.

Back to Hyderabad:
My cousin got the car back to kurnool from anantapur.Started early in the morning 6.30am from kurnool to hyderabad.Only 2 persons me and my cousin.This time didn't rev much.Odo was reading around 1100 kms. Took upto 140kph few times(maintaining avareage around 100kph). Reached hyderabad by 9.30.am

During this period,i haven't sit back.But my family and friends felt so good beside.Good leg spacing.You dont road patches and holes much even at 30-40 speed.The greatest part of it is gear shifting.I never felt trouble in this.It is very good first car to buy,new comers can easily learn.I do see much comments on power steering,but i felt it perfect in city driving.After driving my car,i took logan once.Do you know that it took me both hands with effort to turn at corners.Then i realised how good my power steeting is.Also i see that i20 is light at high speeds(But my cousin said steering is hard at the speed of 160 kph and may be corrected in first service).

First Service:
By the time i reached Hyderabad.Odo was reading 1400kms.First service needs to be done between 1200-1500 kms.So gave call to talwar hyundai.Since there was teflon coating due ,i was told to come showroom.I left car over there. I was told no oil change.But i see few threads like engine oil needs to be changed initially.When should i change it,is it for 10k kms as told by mechanic?
I went to hyundai service evening.Bill is zero,but remote locking which i took from hyundai only while i bought car(costed me 3000 rs) was not giving sound.Mechanic checked and said he will call back to me.But i didn't hear from him for 3 days.So called him back.He said he will send mechanic to my home,next day a person came and he replaced the horn which came with remote locking(i bilieve) and it worked.

After first service didn't took car to highway,just city driving.Last week my cousin and her husband came from U.S, they choose my car(even though there r many cars).Just after entering the car ,by seeing the aux in cable and ipod my brother said -"This is youth car ".After listening couple of songs my brother started praising the car especially the music,he loved it very much.

If any one know good seat cover shop in hyderabad please let me know. Will not be spending much may be around 5-7 k max.

One more question - I see ac vent in glove box,but nothing near rear side.Is it not available in magna version or is it some where hidden which i didn't see till now

Few more pice.please note that these are taken earlier.(Will post once my car gets clean.got mud during last 3 days due to rain.)
Attached Thumbnails
One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-dsc03820.jpg  

One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-dsc03821.jpg  

One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-dsc03823.jpg  

One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-dsc03824.jpg  

One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-dsc03825.jpg  

One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-miniimg_1476.jpg  

One more Hyundai i20 added to t-bhp-miniimg_1482.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2009, 12:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the right buy. Good to see that you are roaming more than what you need to be and got your first service done.
Yes I've driven Crdi motor in i20. I felt the gear shift to be crappy,may be will smoothen after couple kms. The steering wheel reminds me of i10
why can't they give the same wheel of higher models.

The interior is roomy but can't comment abt the rear seat.
Audio is above the expectation of the OE one.

Happy motoring.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 23rd November 2009 at 12:45.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:09   #22
BHPian

Hi Reddy,

Congrats ! As mentioned by many I also feel it is VFM and I am sure you will enjoy everything in this car, even steering, only it is matter of getting used to.

Anuj
Old 26th November 2009, 20:56   #23
BHPian

Thanks everyone.
I never felt steering as down side. In fact i liked very much.Very easy to handle.May be because this was my first car and i haven't driven much other cars
Old 27th November 2009, 07:21   #24
BHPian

COngrats reddy on the purchase..

Please do post how much FE you get in city and highway, You have mentioned 13 FE on your trip. Isn't this less ? have no idea on Hyundai

Thanks
by the way the car looks stuning
Old 27th November 2009, 10:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi Reddy,
It is a great car.Have a nice ride and enjoy safe drive.
Old 27th November 2009, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Hi, Welcome to i20 Club ! Congratulations !

I bet you cant take your hands off the steering. Its pretty easy and comfortable. With little or no effort you an maneuver..

Happy and Safe driving !

Otomobil
Old 27th November 2009, 16:30   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy@Hyd View Post
One more question - I see ac vent in glove box,but nothing near rear side.Is it not available in magna version or is it some where hidden which i didn't see till now
Check under the Front seats. The vents are just above the Carpet level.
Old 27th November 2009, 16:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new car! take care and drive safe. Since you are a new driver, don't push her too much till you get used to her. Be extra cautious in tight spots while parking.
Old 27th November 2009, 17:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Reddy@Hyd, is this 1.2 or 1.4 and is it CRDI or petrol ? I didn't find any mention of this in your posts ?
Old 27th November 2009, 19:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Red is blazing hot, good decision and lovely car ! Its very rare you hear any negatives about i20, overall quality is maintained well and its supposed to last like a rock. Somehow I dont find many on road, any specific reason for this ? What I felt is, the competitive price slash in many similar segments and even sedans like Dzire, Fiesta EXI etc. might have caused this less sales.

I had almost booked one, then I changed my mind to Fiesta ZXI for a marginal difference of 40k. But one thing I can say with 100% confidence, right from the first day I saw the picture of an i20 (somewhere in the beginning of 2009), to the launch, to the test drive and even now, I like this cute little thing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks