Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Raining Fiesta-S. What was the on-road price and accessories etc?

You were ruined by fiesta driving pleasure, made you looted the bank after 6 months.
Can guess the no of sleepless night you had to own this beauty.
Old 25th July 2010, 01:19   #17
DipantS

Hello Guys,
Anyone is facing any issue with the ABS or noticed something abnormal with it? Lately I did some very hard breaking with my S mostly from above 150 Kmph and noticed extremely poor response from the brakes, the break pedal went dead (Pressed to the last limit) with car just refusing to stop, it was rolling uncontrollably. Everything works fine for speed at and below 120kmph. I am not sure if this is because of the speed or there is something wrong with the car’s ABS.
Can someone please try same if possible with brake pedal fully pressed at speed above 150 and see if you get same response.

Old 26th July 2010, 08:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
Hello Guys,
Anyone is facing any issue with the ABS or noticed something abnormal with it? Lately I did some very hard breaking with my S mostly from above 150 Kmph and noticed extremely poor response from the brakes, the break pedal went dead (Pressed to the last limit) with car just refusing to stop, it was rolling uncontrollably. Everything works fine for speed at and below 120kmph. I am not sure if this is because of the speed or there is something wrong with the car’s ABS.
Can someone please try same if possible with brake pedal fully pressed at speed above 150 and see if you get same response.
There is definitely something wrong with the ABS unit. Pls get it checked at the earliest with nearest Ford dealer. It has nothing to do with speed. At the speeds you are talking about the ABS should come into action instantly upon hard breaking. Even at 60 kmph I had to break hard and my Zxi came to a screeching halt almost immediately with the ABS coming into action. I could feel the ABS operation with my feet on the brakes.

Most Viewed