Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 11:11   #46
BHPian

Thats Right Sathee I keep the rpm below 2000 and keep switching to top gear and speed climbs so nicelty. 50-60kph in this demon dont even i feel its moving with loads of power it hits 80-90 at top gear with rpm max touching 2000 great road presence makes nothing dare come inbetween my drive and superb handling overtaking in any road condition. I am waiting to complete the 1st service and take a long drive may be hit blore
Old 25th November 2009, 11:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

I fully agree with Hummerguy. It glides like makhan once it hits the fifth gear. Take it to 60 Kmph and other cars give side ont he road for the beasta. I am driving it 60-65 kmph waiting impatiently for the odo to touch 1000 and then zip zap zoom>>>>>>.
I am planning a trip to Pune in the third week of Dec by which I hope to complete 1000 on odo. Do I have to get the vehicle checked or wait till the 5000km/3 months first service.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
My car has not touched even 80 yet.
You can easily do 100 kmph without going above 2000 RPM, provided you attain the momentum at each gear without straining.

Quote:
How does one clean alloy wheels? I see brake dust on them every morning and they don't completely go away with a water wash or cloth. Should I use diesel?
Recently I saw some liquid spary bottle named "Alloy Wheel Cleaner" at BigBazar detergent section, looks same like our usual glass cleaner spray bottles. There are plenty of similar ones in the market now. Seen Mr.Muscle or Mrs.Muscle something on TV too !! If you have enough muscles, use some ordinary detergent and your muscle power !
Old 25th November 2009, 12:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

@shaju - oh I missed the ad (mr/mrs muscle ?) because when the Ad comes I keep changing the channel (the remote buttons almost going inside-LOL).

Yes, you are correct -nowadays there are plenty of cleaning items available in the market and one can try(probably @gilead who is having the dust problem on his alloys) this and post the result here so that it will be useful for other members?
Old 25th November 2009, 14:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Hey vijay it's only the RPM you need to watch for not the speed. You can go ahead and push it a little more having an eye on the RPM. Keep it below 2500.
I haven't gotten a good enough stretch to hit 80 yet. My commute route is lousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
just a word of caution. Please do not direct water jet into the wheels. If at all, you are doing it, ensure that you are taking the vehicle out with in 12 hours of cleaning.
I'll ask my cleaning guy to take care too. Usually he only wipes the wheels with a wet cloth. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Thats Right Sathee I keep the rpm below 2000 and keep switching to top gear and speed climbs so nicelty.
Hey Hummer Guy, are you game for a photo shoot with me, sathee, anachronix and bakiya this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I fully agree with Hummerguy. It glides like makhan once it hits the fifth gear. Take it to 60 Kmph and other cars give side ont he road for the beasta. I am driving it 60-65 kmph waiting impatiently for the odo to touch 1000...
Like the others have said, you can hit any speed as long as you keep the RMP below 2500. Keep varying it and don't drive at constant speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Recently I saw some liquid spary bottle named "Alloy Wheel Cleaner" at BigBazar detergent section..
Thanks for the info. I am going to see if any of the local shops have this.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:08   #51
BHPian

@Gilead, hey thats great photo shoot is planned on saturday? I am ok with that and will confirm you if any sudden work dont come on that day (IT sucks though :( ) btw location please?
Old 25th November 2009, 18:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

So the pictures are finally out

Congratulations mate! The keychains look cool, I might purchase one too
Old 26th November 2009, 01:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
How does one clean alloy wheels? I see brake dust on them every morning and they don't completely go away with a water wash or cloth. Should I use diesel?
I haven't noticed brake dust formation in alloy wheels in my earlier esteem, Can you post the pictures of this dust formation for my information. The car wash guy never would clean the alloys and i have a foam type spray which i used to spray to clean the wheels. I got this from a supermarket in Velachery and it was good and cleans any dirt around the wheels & alloys.
Old 26th November 2009, 10:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I haven't noticed brake dust formation in alloy wheels in my earlier esteem, Can you post the pictures of this dust formation for my information
I went to take a pic but the wheels were already cleaned this morning. I'll take a pic this evening or tomorrow. I read somewhere that brake dust on the alloy is normal. Can someone else confirm?
Old 26th November 2009, 10:07   #55
BHPian

The brake dust is normal, any one who who does a long drive can easily see the brake dust formation.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

I got the RC today with the model printed as '1.6 Duratec ZXi'. It has been corrected manually with an RTO seal and signature next to it. I was so sure they would goof up on this as the S is a rare model and I had told them to watch out for it on the day of registration.

Why can't the morons get a simple thing like this right is beyond me. Miraculously, they have gotten the color right.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Gilead, thats a rarely heard thing. Did the registration happen on a Monday morning ? Just curious, because these guys come with a heavy hangover on a Monday. Dont you have the plastic card RC there ?
Old 26th November 2009, 15:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Gilead, thats a rarely heard thing. Did the registration happen on a Monday morning ? Just curious, because these guys come with a heavy hangover on a Monday. Dont you have the plastic card RC there ?
Yes, it happened on a Monday morning. We still get the big printout. Bangalore gets the 'smart' RC book I guess.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

It happens, whether monday morning or friday afternoon (?), because they dont read things clearly. And they least bother about the difference in ZXi,SXi or S. In may case they typed the Rc Sheet as FORD IKON 1800cc.
Since I was looking at their website daily and seeing if my RC informations are put in and suddenly I have seen the Rc with above wrong information.
Immediately I called up my agent and told him this mistake who then informed the guy whoever was doing this typing job. Next monring, when I checked RTO website I found the mistake was corrected. Thats the way they work -cannot expect much from them
Old 26th November 2009, 18:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
In may case they typed the Rc Sheet as FORD IKON 1800cc.
And the Ikon 1.8D was discontinuted ages ago! Looks like they were sober enough to get my car name at least correct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks