Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:00   #61
BHPian

It is really sad to see the dealers destroying a company's legacy. What has been happening with you is not only condemnable, but it also shows that Fiat is becoming too complacent. They have been selling more cars than they had expected to, and are now they are betraying their customers. It is really saddening to see their indifference.
I feel that not much can be done by the dealers. They may repaint a door, but remember that even the best quality paint cannot match the Original Paint standards.
I am shocked to read that the wheels in your Linea get Jammed! Such things are unheard of even in decade old cars. And even if it is a test drive vehicle, appearance of rust, jamming of handbrake and wheels,misalignment of steering are not issues that are excusable. These cars undergo testing for thousands of kilometers.
Please write to the company..I'm sure there will be someone who cares.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:35   #62
BHPian

Last month I had found some bits of broken glass inside the car near the right rear quarter glass. These bits of glasses had one side painted black. Today once again checked my car and when I folded the rear seat I was shocked to find bits of glasses almost every where. There was a black screw like thing which was not properly fitted behind the rear seat so I just took it off. The region inside was full of glass pieces and from there I saw another glass piece which had its one side coated with black dots. I was able to figure out that the bits of glasses are from the rear quarter glass because the sorrounding of the rear quarter glass is painted black. But in my linea rear quarter glass is in one piece and does not have any problem. So I think when my car was with the dealer(Hyson motors) it had some accident which broke the rear quarter glass. They would have changed the broken one with a new piece but forgot to clean the car properly. So now I am getting bits of glasses from there. So its clear that they have delivered me a car which may be an accident vehicle or a test drive vehicle. I have also found more rusts in the bonnet now. I request everyone to stay away from Hyson motors. I have not taken any pics yet. Will post them very soon.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:28   #63
BHPian

Here are the pics. I was able to take some glass bits out and I have also attached some pics of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1358.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1368.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1372.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1373.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1377.jpg  

Old 15th July 2010, 04:31   #64
J.Ravi

Sorry to hear the sad development. Perhaps, the rear quarter-glass might have been broken during unloading or handling at the dealer' place.

Old 6th August 2010, 18:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Sorry to hear the sad development. Perhaps, the rear quarter-glass might have been broken during unloading or handling at the dealer' place.
Lets hope so. Had a small trip to Coimbatore in my Linea. Achieved a total mileage of 13.6 km/l. Maximum mileage achieved was 15.6 km/l and the maximum speed achieved was 120 kmph. I could have achieved a better FE but on the way back it was night and there were many trucks too. Also the road had many potholes and my Linea did jump into few of them. I had checked the alignment and tyre pressure before the trip. I had 31 PSI on both the front and rear wheels. But I felt the ride to be very bumpy. Felt like my Palio was far more better. Some one please shed some light on the right tyre pressure of Linea.
Old 12th October 2010, 19:32   #66
BHPian

I gave my Linea for second service last friday at Concorde, Cochin. The clutch of my linea was tough from the very first day onwards. During first service I inquired about CSC replacement but they said my car was not in the list. This time when I gave my linea for service I checked out the clutch of other lineas and I found that they were very smooth. Mine was very hard and tough when compared to them. Also my Linea's CSC makes a creek sound when the clutch is pressed. This time I asked them to repair the clutch somehow. But those guys at Concorde were not agreeing that the clutch is hard. And now they say since my car has done 6576kms its natural. My linea's VIN number ends with HPZ which means it was manufactured in August 2009. But they are not ready to change the CSC of my Linea. Mr.Sibi is attending my car and he said he has lubricated the clutch but I really doubt whether that would have made a difference. Is there any way to replace the CSC of my Linea even if its not in the list? Or else what can I ask them to do to make my clutch smooth? Please help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks