Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 07:12   #31
BHPian

Many congratulations on your new acquisition. I really like the look of the i20. When I was hunting for a hatchback in January/February this year, the i20 was just around the corner. Unfortunately because of very frequent breakdowns of my 1987 M 800, I couldn't wait and settled for the i10 instead, which too is an excellent drive. From what I saw in the pictures, it has an auto climate control. Thats a great thing to have. Congratulations again.
Old 27th November 2009, 07:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Cangratulations on your new car, 120 looks hot in black. How about white alloys? think about it
Old 27th November 2009, 10:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi
A great nice car.It looks very beautiful.I do like the look but due to the seat height and the price variation almost 2L I went for the Ritz.Which is wonderful Diesel except the rear look.That to for me it looks fine but others always complain about the rear look of my Ritz.Drive Safe and enjoy the New Car.
Old 27th November 2009, 13:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy@Hyd View Post
Congrats on your new buy dude.
You are the right person to give opinion about front sun film.
So can we have this front film installed considering the i20 headlight power?
Or can we have installed front sun film and opti for some high powered headlights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Anyone connecting front screen film with headlight power is not talking about the right film for the application. A film like V 70 has almost zero effect on light transmission! If you have installed a film that makes higher power headlights feel necessary had better remove it before taking the car out in anything other than strong daytime sun! Putting the higher power headlights is not the answer because they can never counter all the dangerous effects of the wrong film in the front.
The front sunfilm and headlight power are NOT related.Even if you switch over to better lights, the blurriness will still persist.The point here, as Sawyer says, is to have a film that doesn't blur your view while cutting down the other cars' headlight glare.Vkool V70 is better off in this regard than Llumar AIR75, but at a price.I would not recommend air75 to anyone who does highway driving [Our i is gonna hit the freeway tonight.! ] while Sawyer is happy with V70 on highways.The conclusion is, If you want frontscreen film go in for the best[read vkool etc.] or not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Btw, how come there is no film on the rear quarterglass?
There is.It doesn't reflect as well as the side window film though.Does it have anything to do with surface area of the film.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Your seat covers are not installed perfectly i think, especially the rear headrests, pls get them adjusted.
Will get them adjusted when I visit the shop next time.
BTW, since you own an Asta(O), can you please tell me what are the front map lamps in your i20.?
According to this page, that's the additional thing in Asta(O) over the Asta model [besides the airbags and the sunroof].

@vivprasad, Latheesh, navan49:
Thanks for your wishes.!
Alloy upgrade is not on the cards anytime soon.
Old 28th November 2009, 15:19   #35
BHPian

The i lost it's virginity today.! Dad was at the wheels when this happened:
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0314.jpg
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0316.jpg
There isn't any visible damage on the left RVM cover.The RVM seems to have popped out cleanly.Can it be fixed by me or should I visit Hyundai for it.?
Old 28th November 2009, 15:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTwenty View Post
The i lost it's virginity today.! Dad was at the wheels when this happened:
Attachment 235518
Attachment 235519
There isn't any visible damage on the left RVM cover.The RVM seems to have popped out cleanly.Can it be fixed by me or should I visit Hyundai for it.?
Sorry for what has happened. Was it a car or bike?
i20 crdi owner AbhiJ had the exact same thing. Just check out his thread. I guess he fixed it himself with super glue.

Last edited by blackasta : 28th November 2009 at 15:47.
Old 28th November 2009, 16:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can you please tell me what are the front map lamps in your i20.?
According to this page, that's the additional thing in Asta(O) over the Asta model [besides the airbags and the sunroof].

well its the lamps inside the glove box i guess or may be additional lamps or a additional lamp inside cabin light itself, more chances are of glove box lamp.
Old 28th November 2009, 22:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Sorry for what has happened. Was it a car or bike?
i20 crdi owner AbhiJ had the exact same thing. Just check out his thread. I guess he fixed it himself with super glue.
The mechanism is such that the mirror is held int its position by four 'hooks'.Just had to keep the keep the mirror in desired position and apply pressure on two opposite hooks at a time to get mirror back into its original position.Simple and effective ORVM design , the i20 has.!
BTW, the culprit was a biker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well its the lamps inside the glove box i guess or may be additional lamps or a additional lamp inside cabin light itself, more chances are of glove box lamp.
Okay..Thanks.!
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

iTwenty, is the mirror intac? Moreover, it's better to wax beforehand than to wait till the car loses it's charm. If Turtle is not available, another great and inexpensive product is Waxpol, but check out the Aesthetics page before putting your hands on Waxpol.
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
iTwenty, is the mirror intact? Moreover, it's better to wax beforehand than to wait till the car loses it's charm. If Turtle is not available, another great and inexpensive product is Waxpol, but check out the Aesthetics page before putting your hands on Waxpol.
Yup, the mirror is now as good as it was before.Will check out Waxpol.

The i has done ~500 kms now including a fair bit of highway driving of about 150 kms.
Here are a few observations:
  • The thing that people here love to hate about the i20, the 1.2L petrol motor.It's actually a pretty good and peppy engine within the city limits.Hard to tell if it's running or not when still.I mostly stick to 3rd gear for speeds from 20 to 60 kmph and never feel the need for more power.However, on the highway while going up a flyover with 4 people onboard and AC on, the engine cries desperately for more pulling power[torque.?] in any gear except 1st [or 2nd if you already have a good momentum].I had literally floored the pedal for about 3-4 secs in 3rd gear before the speedo managed to show any increase.
  • The steering firms up pretty nicely as the speed increases.I know that this point contradicts what others have reported, but I have verified this fact and the manual of the car says so too.
  • The 2nd gear doesn't seem to engage as cleanly as other gears.Also when I put the car into reverse right after starting it, I sometimes hear a crunching noise before the gear engages.
  • Had the tyre pressure checked and it was at a freaking 44 psi.! Got it down to 33 psi.Was immediately able to feel a marked improvement while going over potholes.The fighting tendency of the steering wheel has also gone down drastically since.The suspension is on the noisier side though.
  • Haven't yet checked the FE as the car is still running in, but my guess is 9-10 in city traffic.
  • Once set up properly, the driving position is too good.Never feel tired even after driving for more than 3 hours.
  • The default audio system is good enough for most people.Saying this because all the people who sat in the car were all praise for it and could not believe it was the stock system.I guess it's only me who dislikes it then.
    Question: Can I change only the default speakers without changing the HU.?If yes, which speakers are advisable.?
  • Controls for the USB are simple and convenient to use, as are most of the other controls in the car.Exception are the tiny keys and the clunky interface to change settings on the multi-info display.
  • There are plenty of places to keep all sorts of knick-knacks around the driver's seat.Particularly useful is the storage space below USB port which can hold your mobile/wallet/goggles while you are driving.
  • Love the admiring glances the i manages to get when out on the streets.Some head-turner this black beauty is.!
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:05   #41
BHPian

iTwenty,

I have just completed the PDI of my i20 Magna petrol,would be taking delivery tomorrow.

while doing the PDI when I connected my Sony mp3 player it worked fine but the display did not showed any track name,all it displayed was AuxIn message.

Does it work this way or are there some settings to be done?Can you pls check.
Thanks,
Kratos
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:07   #42
BHPian

[quote=iTwenty;1612757]Yup, the mirror is now as good as it was before.

Congrats on that
  • The thing that people here love to hate about the i20, the 1.2L petrol motor.It's actually a pretty good and peppy engine within the city limits.Hard to tell if it's running or not when still.I mostly stick to 3rd gear for speeds from 20 to 60 kmph and never feel the need for more power.However, on the highway while going up a flyover with 4 people onboard and AC on, the engine cries desperately for more pulling power[torque.?] in any gear except 1st [or 2nd if you already have a good momentum].I had literally floored the pedal for about 3-4 secs in 3rd gear before the speedo managed to show any increase.
I have never felt it is that sluggish untill now, but have climbed the hills of shimla 5 persons and not to miss my lil daughter in 3rd and 4th gear.
  • The steering firms up pretty nicely as the speed increases.I know that this point contradicts what others have reported, but I have verified this fact and the manual of the car says so too.
Its true but one needs to get used to it, people who have driven other cars with different EPS set up will definitly feel the difference and might find it awkward in the beginning.
  • The 2nd gear doesn't seem to engage as cleanly as other gears.Also when I put the car into reverse right after starting it, I sometimes hear a crunching noise before the gear engages.
i feel my reverse gear does not engage properly, in this case i release the clutch and engage it once again and the shift is smooth then
  • Had the tyre pressure checked and it was at a freaking 44 psi.! Got it down to 33 psi.Was immediately able to feel a marked improvement while going over potholes.The fighting tendency of the steering wheel has also gone down drastically since.The suspension is on the noisier side though.
Mine was filled with over 50psi when i took the delivery, got it corrected on the way back home.
  • Question: Can I change only the default speakers without changing the HU.?If yes, which speakers are advisable.?
it might void the warranty.

happy motoring
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • I had literally floored the pedal for about 3-4 secs in 3rd gear before the speedo managed to show any increase.
If I may advise, do not ever do this, it is one of the quickest ways to ruin a new engine, and even a well run in one does not like this. The gearbox is there for a reason, drop to 2nd/Ist as needed. It may sound noisier, but is better for the engine's health.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
iTwenty,

I have just completed the PDI of my i20 Magna petrol,would be taking delivery tomorrow.

while doing the PDI when I connected my Sony mp3 player it worked fine but the display did not showed any track name,all it displayed was AuxIn message.

Does it work this way or are there some settings to be done?Can you pls check.
Thanks,
Kratos
When I connect my cellphone using the AUX cable [having 3.5mm jack on both sides], the HU shows the same message.I have to navigate through songs using the phone's interface.Same thing used to happen in the M800 too.I guess that's the way AUX works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somu_john View Post
Its true but one needs to get used to it, people who have driven other cars with different EPS set up will definitely feel the difference and might find it awkward in the beginning.
I wouldn't know about that since I haven't driven any other car having power steering at comparable speed.Have just year of driving experience behind me till now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
If I may advise, do not ever do this, it is one of the quickest ways to ruin a new engine, and even a well run in one does not like this. The gearbox is there for a reason, drop to 2nd/Ist as needed. It may sound noisier, but is better for the engine's health.
Point taken.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:42   #45
BHPian

Dude one more thing do not use waxpol on your especially since its black, use turtle wax black which is especially for black cars or use the normal turtle wax as it is 100 times better then waxpol and less headache to use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks