Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 21:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dhoshi,
Hope you got your lovely i20 in very good condition with special Poojas,Take care of it as it is of to day through out the life with you. Enjoy with care.
Bye

Last edited by navan49 : 28th November 2009 at 21:43.
Old 28th November 2009, 22:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car, mine is to be home by jan, decided to wait since it's only a month more to calender new year. Same car, same model, only exception is the colour-silver. Guys, suggest a good name for the car as I am one of those nut heads who converse with their cars. And hdoshi, please do post about the maintenance tips you are following.

PS: Guys, please tell me what care should be taken for diesel cars,(during run in and after run in)? This is my first car, hence the lack of knowledge.
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th November 2009, 22:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Congrats Dhoshi,
Hope you got your lovely i20 in very good condition
naveen, buddy he bought a dzire and not an i20
Old 30th November 2009, 10:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
PS: Guys, please tell me what care should be taken for diesel cars,(during run in and after run in)? This is my first car, hence the lack of knowledge.
Thanks in advance.
I think there is already a thread on run in. You can refer that for details. Basically you should keep varying the speed and rpm for the first 2500 kms i.e. don't keep it at a constant speed / rpm for long. Don't take it above 3 -3.5k rpms till run in is complete. Keep the AC switched off when idling though you can keep the blower on. Switch on the AC only after the engine has warmed up sufficiently. As far as possible, avoid sudden acceleration/braking. Even after the run in idle the car for 30 seconds before switch off/ after switch on to enhance the life of your turbo. Stick to these basics and you should be fine.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Sachin,
Thanks for the corrections.Yes it is true that he has brought the Dzire. It was of thinking of some body's I20 and congratulating him.I believe I might have done the same thing to the I20ian telling the wishes for bringing the Dzire.Hi friend if you read this please correct the mistake and read it as what you brought.
Once again thanks you Sachin.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ Naveen, not to mention at all

@ longhorn,
Yeah I know there is an article by normally_crazy about run-in, but the article is general and does not talk in particular about petrol/diesel,hence the query. And by the way, thanks for the tips, will keep them in mind.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdoshi View Post
Bought from Mandovi Motors, Lavelle Road. Yes, did use some influence to get it sooner
Any idea about ZDI and how long will take if you would've tried it.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdoshi View Post
Some quick responses:
Jaggu: Shell was the nearest pump when I took the delivery, so filled there and continued the same for the next fill. I am looking for a good IOC pump in the BSK III Stage, Mysore Road or Domlur areas (home/office).
Dear hdoshi,
First of all, congratulations on your new car.
You seem to stay very close to my house. The bunk opposite to Shell on the Mysore Road (stretch between Byatrayanapura Junction to Nayanhalli Junction) seems to be a good IOC bunk. You could give it a shot. Also, Annapoorna petrol bunk on RV Road (next to Vijaya Main College) is also a good IOC bunk. Hope, this helps.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:31   #24
BHPian

doshi,

Congrats on your buy ! Pictures are missed .

By the way, why did the sun film guy keep running the engine for so long? i am hearing to this for the first time.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
doshi,

Congrats on your buy ! Pictures are missed .

By the way, why did the sun film guy keep running the engine for so long? i am hearing to this for the first time.
Hi Nandan,
The engine was running since the AC was on. I guess, he had the AC on to help the sun film dry faster. Just my thought. I am not sure though.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 4th December 2009, 15:52   #26

Guys,

Thank you for all your responses and wishes. I had a personal emergency and was not able to focus on this thread. I am almost done and plan to provide my experience, photos as well as respond to all your queries below this weekend.

Don't go away, will be back this weekend with a bang!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks