Team-BHP - Here she comes...Swift Dzire VDI...finally here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Here she comes...Swift Dzire VDI...finally here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/70021-here-she-comes-swift-dzire-vdi-finally-here.html)

Hello all,

I finally got my White Swift Dzire VDI on Wednesday, 18th November after a wait of 1 month, 1 week and 4 days to be precise!

I will post more details soon. This is what I did pre and post delivery:

Pre-delivery:
=========
1- Reverse sensors - from the Maruti dealer (was worried of losing the warranty on my car if I get it fitted outside). Cost me almost double the prize outside...but I felt the warranty is more important!

Post-delivery:
==========
2- Changed stock rims to OEM alloys...I am sure you would want to know why these alloys or how much I spent on "OEM" alloys...well, stay tuned, will provide the complete details soon!
3- Changed her shoes to Michelin 185/70 XM1+
4- 3M Sunfilm (medium visibility)
5- Dolphin art leather seat covers

I would have provided the detailed initial review here, but I got to log off now, so please bear with me for a couple of days, I will be back with details on the above and more...

As of today, it has done 510 KMS (the fuel guage is 3-4 points above E).

PS: I am searching for a name for my car..."Snow White" has already been taken - no prize for guessing who he is...please suggest :)

congratz dude..!
do post pics and your initial review soon.

Congrats dude. Your shoe change may have already voided the warranty, so you could have saved some money by putting the reverse sensors outside. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1597605)
Congrats dude. Your shoe change may have already voided the warranty, so you could have saved some money by putting the reverse sensors outside. ;)

Ouch! Really? Seeing many reviews on TBHP, I did not come across any thread that mentions change of tyres voids warranty. In fact I have upgraded to the size of the Z_I stock tyres.

Experts please confirm, does tyre upgrade void the warranty please:

Nope your warranty is still safe, dont worry!

Even if they were to dispute something, they can do so for the suspension (ie if its a wrong tire size, alloy etc, which is not the case) they definitely cant deny the warranty for the whole vehicle. Its just a line which dealers use to lure more business to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1598987)
Nope your warranty is still safe, dont worry!

Even if they were to dispute something, they can do so for the suspension (ie if its a wrong tire size, alloy etc, which is not the case) they definitely cant deny the warranty for the whole vehicle. Its just a line which dealers use to lure more business to them.

Phew! Thanks Jaggu! That is what I was thinking...

Thanks for your wishes shantyrocks and Gilead, really appreciate it!
I am not sure if I can still upload photos...am still a "Newbie" :D, is my understanding correct support/mods?

Congrats on your new buy. Surprised to see that you have got delivery of your new dzire within 1 month and a week's time.Do post some pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdoshi (Post 1599006)
Phew! Thanks Jaggu! That is what I was thinking...

doshi, sorry I did not mean to scare you. Most Swifts that I personally know of run on upsized shoes and I don't think they have faced warranty issues. Like Jaggu mentioned, they can technically void your suspension warranty if they want, but it is not in the service center's best interest to do do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1599024)
doshi, sorry I did not mean to scare you. Most Swifts that I personally know of run on upsized shoes and I don't think they have faced warranty issues. Like Jaggu mentioned, they can technically void your suspension warranty if they want, but it is not in the service center's best interest to do do.

No worries buddy...I appreciate your experience and information...I did get a little scared, but was kiddin' a bit as well...:)

To keep the thread ticking, here is some information...

I did a second tank full (first one on delivery). I got 15.4 FE with full AC, 250 KM highway and 300 KM city traffic (a couple of super jams). Not to forget, the sunfilm technician had kept the engine and AC running for 30-45 mins while installing the sunfilms. What do you guys think of this FE?

Compiling the detailed review...sorry for the delay...please bear with me for a few more days...lots of year end work at the office...stole some time to update the FE :)

Mileage seems to be ok, which diesel are you using. Try IOC normal diesel from a good pump and see if there is a difference.

Congrats doshi on the new buy. Its geat to get VDI in within a month. Pulled any strings?
BWT from which Dealer did you booked the vehicle?
Any plans to upgrade the ICE or stock speakers?

Pls add sanps immediately.

congratulations on your VDI.Detailed review and pictures awaited.Dont let us scream out for pictures on your thread.They speak thousand words as you know.Enjoy your ride.:)

Congrats on your Dzire. The waiting period seems to have come down drastically. I used to hear 3-4 months wait for Dzire Vdi.

Thank you all for your good wishes! I am sorry for the delay in providing the detailed review and pics, was planning to do it today, but have a little emergency at home. I will be back soon with these items, apologies for making you all wait.

Some quick responses:
Jaggu: Shell was the nearest pump when I took the delivery, so filled there and continued the same for the next fill. I am looking for a good IOC pump in the BSK III Stage, Mysore Road or Domlur areas (home/office).

Ramsagar: Bought from Mandovi Motors, Lavelle Road. Yes, did use some influence to get it sooner

Longhorn: Unfortunately not yet. The waiting is still 3 months as per the dealers. I used some contacts to get mine quickly, plus some good luck.

My apologies for delaying the details. I promise to be back very soon with them, please bear with me.

Regards