Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 19:44   #46
BHPian

Re: 15 days old Scorpio VLX M Hawk - 1450 Kms on the Odo. Intial Ownership report.

Ranga, Nice review.

Like you I also found the space utilization the biggest disappointment. You cannot even have the face wipes box put on the dashboard. When you close the door, the side pockets are almost impossible to reach. The glove box compartment is horrible. There is no built in tool box. I have the AT 4WD version and plenty of things which I usually carry in the car now end up riding on the front left seat.

If Mahindra could just improve the fit and finish, the scorpio can truly become a world class vehicle
Old 17th May 2011, 16:54   #47
BHPian

Re: 15 days old Scorpio VLX M Hawk - 1450 Kms on the Odo. Intial Ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ranga - thank you for your comments on Scorpio VLX. Do drive some more on highways, you will understand what I mean.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hello Behram,

I have been following your posts on Alloys for Scorpio and Scorpio in general. I am planning to go for Scorpio Limited Edition and definitely wanted to change the alloys and the rubber tyres. I wanted your opinion on whether I should do it or not? Scorpio looks far better with a different look (Neo Wheels - Claw Edition) with a little fatter tyres (7.5" or 8")

Regards

Vinit
Old 18th October 2012, 15:40   #48
BHPian

15 days to 3 Years - 45K Kms -Scorpio Nothing Else will do

15 days to 3 Years - 45K Kms -Scorpio Nothing Else will do

45K Kms Scorpio MHawk review

Review will focus on
  • Whats good ?
  • Whats bad ?
  • What Needs Mahindra’s attention for the new scorpio 2013-14??

Good .
  • Probably the best front two seats in a 10 Lakh SUV
  • Very comfortable seats
  • Power at all gears
  • The masculine look
  • Ground clearance , could be better .
  • Cruise mode is wonderful feature , not available in any other SUV @ this price
  • Micro Hybrid , good feature , not available in any other car of this class, problem is that it stops the over all vehicle and resets the music system , switches of the AC which can be irritating sometimes .
  • Reverse parking – is very good . ( Good sensing )
  • Front grill is good , bumpers are rock solid . Once I banged my apartment gates . The gates made of iron got bend . Scorpio bumpers had a minor scratch . Rock solid vehicle
  • The lights passed for the vehicle is very low , need higher power or we need to upgrade .
  • The Auto wipers are a good feature . I just have to switch it on when it starts raining . Initially the speed was not enough . Later looks like M & M upgraded the firmware . It now works perfectly according to rains . Driving it in rains , have no issues . A sudden splash on ur car on a high way can blind u for a second . The Auto wipe takes care of these kind of impacts and can work on its own ( I have experienced it myself )
Bad
  • No roof AC .
  • Very hot sometimes in the back seats as the AC duct below does not make any sense
  • Bouncy drive between 10-25 Kms speed
  • Bad Scorpio service – Lackluster chaltha hey attitude – gets worse every time , always with niggles , unresponsive
  • Front glass shield – susceptible to scratches - Jeep type design – nothing can be done about it .
  • Sensors – All Scorpio cars have sensors problems - I had plenty –
  • Micro Hybrid – did not work after I bought my car – Had to be rectified
  • TPMS works well with Nitrogen. Warning signs with normal air is seen . Normally + or - 2 degree accuracy
  • Power window motors went down twice .( Was replaced under warranty ).
  • Fuel Indicator – In last 3 years , never shown the exact mileage as Low fuel starts ringing even with 20Lts of diesel in the car .
  • With the three bar indicator we still have half of diesel in the car
  • With one bar , we still have 15-20 Lts left in the car .
  • The second row of seats will not go back if the 3rd row seat is flipped and closed up to make space .
  • Seating for second and third row can be better .
  • Plastics in the car can improve .
  • The fit and finish of plastics in some places are not great .
  • Rattling in the front console during neutral position
  • The original sound system was pathetic , got it changed and have lost the control from the steering .
  • Service intervals currently is 5Kms . Service interval should be 10K Kms .
  • The gear knob shakes as if its going to fall down and does not inspire trust . Sound above 100Kms does come inside the cabin. Need better sound proofing . Can learn a few things from XUV architecture and build quality .
Suggestions for the 2013-14 Scorpio
  • Reduce the weight of the vehicle
  • Add XUV engine of 140BHP( Why not a 6 Gear box for the SUV ? )
  • Increase the length of the chassis by ½ feet .
  • Introduce roof or pillar AC for better support ( India is becoming hot , cannot have AC duct down near the leg !!! with no offering for the third row )
  • Body role mitigation – Is better Tyre a option ?
  • Turn radius is very bad , can be made better .
  • Automatic temp controller inside .
  • No need of a central console control system.
  • Have a cluster based system where Audio buffs can change to a better Audio system .
  • Separate out the System controls out with Audio / Navigation system
  • Having invested in a 10 Lakh car , all would like to have a good audio system in the car ( Nippon and other cheap stuff ?? )
  • Speaker placement for the car is bad in the front doors . Can do better work ( Check what is done in Innova )
  • No space in the back . Can have a better seating in the 3rd row .
  • Plastics all over the body can improve .
  • Front Glass panel shape can change . Is not aerodynamic , rather tries to block the air and gets a lot of stone hit . ( I have three stone hits for my glass )
  • Tail lamps can be better . ½ of it is pure luminary with no light . We call it as the centipede type with no usage .
Ranga is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks