Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 21:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

OP, could you give us some updates on the car and Fiat's response?
Old 27th November 2009, 22:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Viji, sorry to hear what happened with you and your Linea.

clutch cylinder failure - happening to lots of FIATs, so nothing specific in your case.

rust on brake rotor - should have gone after driving for a couple of days.

finishing issues (boot etc.) - There are general finishing issues with all FIATs - but that mirror thing is a plain no-no. I guess thats a hurried cover up for a damaged in transit vehicle. You should not have taken delivery with that kind of evident damage.

All in all - nothing of what happened to you is supposed to happen on a brand new car, and I can understand your condition. Raise a ruckus with the dealership / A.S.S / FIAT India and demand the quality you paid for.
Old 28th November 2009, 18:19   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
viji, post your VIN in the Decoding the VIN thread. You will get to know the month and year of manufacture. Your car is showing all the signs of either an accident or sitting idle in the yard for months.
hi,

Could you please advise how I can decode the Chasis No to get the month/year of manufacture? How can I get the VIN of the vehicle? is it the same as Chasis no?

Vijipillai
Old 28th November 2009, 18:25   #34

Guys,

Thanks a lot for all your comments, I never expected such a response from team-BHP. I am just waiting to hear from Mangesh, will decide what to do after that. Anyway I am taking the vehicle to service centre on monday for the first service. Let me hear their version too..

Will keep posted on updates...

Thanks to all..Vijipillai
Old 28th November 2009, 18:48   #35
BHPian

viji,

We guys are commenting, sharing thoughts and advising here, Where are you man ?

would you mind to keep us all updated here at all ?
Old 28th November 2009, 20:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijipillai View Post
hi,

Could you please advise how I can decode the Chasis No to get the month/year of manufacture? How can I get the VIN of the vehicle? is it the same as Chasis no?

Vijipillai
Yes, it's the chassis no. Post the chassis no. in this thread and Wildon will get you the date.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:18   #37

Hi,

I got my car checked by TATA motors guy for the paint finishing issues, marks on the handle & the delamination on righ side door beading. They promised me to do everything they can to rectify all the defects and change the door handle & beading.

I am told that FIAT had issues with certain batches of sleeve cylinders and they are changing it for certain chasis numbers even if there is no complaint. They checked my chasis number and said it doesnt require any replacement. Now I am confused - they say my chasis no is not in the list, but I had problem with the same spare the next day I took the vehicle. If you all remember my break down incident at Coimbatore, please note that the part TAFE replaced in my car is from an accident vehicle lying in their workshop. Prerana motors didnt had an answer on how they can assure that the changed spare do not require any replacement. Well, to be on safer side they said they will anyway change it, along with the other rectifications they promised.

They assured me that the vehicle given to me is not from any old lot/ test drive/ accident vehicle, but probably they missed noticing the paint defects during PDI. Infact I got my chasis number decoded thru the link Gilead advised, it shows the production month as June 2009. I am not sure whther Fiat released their Medium Grey colour to the market at that time. I send a mail to Mangesh asking clarification on June 2009 production lot sold as new car in October - whether its a regular delay or anything specific. Yet to get any answer.

In the whole process I understood that for them to take action you need keep on sending reminders, yell at people, and probably escalate to some senior level people. I dont believe that Mangesh will be of any help, does anybody ca help me to get a contact at senior level in Fiat?
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:52   #38
J.Ravi

Quote:
it shows the production month as June 2009. I am not sure whther Fiat released their Medium Grey colour to the market at that time.
Medium Grey and Fox Trote Azure [FTA] were introduced in August 2009. When I booked my Fiat Linea on 16 September 2009, my first preference was Medium Grey. But, two weeks later, the sales executive gave me VIN having EPZ code indicating May 2009 make. So, I flatly refused to take it and changed to FTA, which had JPZ code indicating September 2009 make. I took delivery of the vehicle on 8 October 2009. At that time, even I was puzzled as to how a car having Medium Grey colour, introduced in August 2009, could have VIN code of May 2009 make. It is a million dollar question, the answer to which is known to Fiat production staff only.

Old 3rd December 2009, 09:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I was puzzled as to how a car having Medium Grey colour, introduced in August 2009, could have VIN code of May 2009 make. It is a million dollar question, the answer to which is known to Fiat production staff only.
Maybe Fiat started producton of the colour before, and waited for a some time before introducing it. Maybe to build up enough stock or I dont know maybe some marketing reason.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:19   #40
BANNED

Quote:
This is my 3rd car, and the first sedan I am owning. I took the delivery of the top end model of LINEA (Emotion Pack - Petrol) from Prerana Motors - Sarjapur Rd, Bangalore on 16th October 2009.
Quote:
Infact I got my chasis number decoded thru the link Gilead advised, it shows the production month as June 2009. I am not sure whther Fiat released their Medium Grey colour to the market at that time. I send a mail to Mangesh asking clarification on June 2009 production lot sold as new car in October - whether its a regular delay or anything specific. Yet to get any answer.
The dealer is definitely the culprit. There is no way a brand new FIAT Linea car which in manufactured in June 09 and the same is delivered on October 2009.
Write letter/mail to the dealer about the clarification. IMMIC Linea didn't indroduced that color in June. it came way after that. Other LINEA owners can confirm this.

Also Viji can you confirm the engine no: which i was given it for you. is it matching?

Last edited by wildon : 3rd December 2009 at 09:23.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi Fiatians,

It is a very sad news. As there are reports that there are some problems with Fiat Linea one or the other batches, It is better to note down the batches given in our forum and take delivery with caution. This is for the new buyers.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:51   #42
BANNED

Regarding the color i think i'm wrong here is post which i digged out from the forum

Quote:
We have not announced discontinuation of any of the existing colours.
On the contrary, a couple of new colours have recently been added – Medium Grey & a new shade in white i.e. Bossanova White.

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D)
Fax: +91-22-25226326
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1385945-post107.html

posted by jaisha8 on 15th July 2009, 21:03

Last edited by wildon : 3rd December 2009 at 09:52.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Please write a letter (with copies of letters /reminders sent to the service centrs/dealer) to higher ups in FIAT ( may be to above address?).
You had serous problem with your new car so do not leave them -keep after them, sending reminders (also you may threaten them that you will report this case to the press with sufficient photgraphs provind the defect)?
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I am told that FIAT had issues with certain batches of sleeve cylinders
I am sure you mean clutch slave cylinders here.

Quote:
Well, to be on safer side they said they will anyway change it, along with the other rectifications they promised.
I think that is a fair thing to do by the dealer, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
(also you may threaten them that you will report this case to the press with sufficient photgraphs provind the defect)?
I think his problem was resolved quite amicably. The only issue was a breakdown in his new car which can happen with any make and brand in rare cases.

Last edited by trrk : 3rd December 2009 at 12:08.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:31   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
The dealer is definitely the culprit. There is no way a brand new FIAT Linea car which in manufactured in June 09 and the same is delivered on October 2009.
Write letter/mail to the dealer about the clarification. IMMIC Linea didn't indroduced that color in June. it came way after that. Other LINEA owners can confirm this.

Also Viji can you confirm the engine no: which i was given it for you. is it matching?
Yes the engine number is matching.

Is the production month mentioned is for the engine or for the finished car? Is it possible that the engine is made in June 2009 and probably the vehicle made after that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks