Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 18:49   #16
BANNED

Congo bro!
Even we've finalized on the civic. Just waiting for Dad to get a leave. Then only we'll be able to purchase and that's gonna take atleast 2 month more :(
Old 1st December 2009, 09:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Congrats on your Civic! Nice choice. Do post a little on why you chose the Civic over other cars which might have been considered by you. drive safe.
Hello Longhorn - Thanks for the wishes!

Yes, I did go nuts before buying the Civic.
At first I wanted to buy the Laura 1.9 TDI MT - Super car!
A little background, this was before I found Team-BHP on the net.
Went to Autobahn at Prabahdevi in Mumbai and test drove the car. Really loved it, however was quite put off by the attitude of the sales staff.
Contacted JMD at Airoli and got in touch with a guy called Pritesh. He was among the best sales guys I have met in a long time (have met quite a few).
Then I started researching on the net and found Team-BHP and am so glad I did.
After reading the horror stories regarding Skoda, their pathetic sales attitude and reliability issues, did not want to take a 14.5 lac rupee gamble and completely dropped the car.
However if anybody still wants to buy a Skoda product in Mumbai - I would highly recommend Pritesh from JMD!

After this came the turn of the Toyota Altis. Went to Shinrai Toyota at Worli and test drove the car. Nice car, pretty comforable but loose. You know what I mean, no steering feedback and noisy. Use a few revs and the engine feels its inside the car. Was quite dissappointed. This is a personal observation guys - no offense meant to all the Corolla users.

Then came the Volkswagon Jetta.
Took a test drive of the manual version. Super car -however sitting inside felt like i was sitting in a funeral parlour - high quality but dull interiors. The DSG top model was outside my budget and anyways wanted a manual version.

Since I already have a City GXI, am a happy owner, went and took a test drive of the Civic and the City.
The Civic blew me away - fantastic build quality, fit and finish, silent cabin, blue lighting and POWER. Steering feedback was great.
I even liked the ride quality - did not find the ride hard as such only nice and firm with loads of feedback.
So, booked, bought and took delivery on 25th Nov.
Regards
Old 1st December 2009, 11:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Congo bro!
Even we've finalized on the civic. Just waiting for Dad to get a leave. Then only we'll be able to purchase and that's gonna take atleast 2 month more :(
Thanks Thorpe. Wish you all the best for your Civic too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Attaching a picture of the car with the lip spoiler. IMO it adds to the grandeur of the car. You may want to check with iTNerd who has bought a few things online.
Thanks rr_zen.

Can somebody please explain the terms IMO and IMHO?
Old 1st December 2009, 11:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

@Cyborg: Can you post some pics of the mirror locks you mentioned earlier? Would like to see how it looks and functions. Thanks.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@Cyborg: Can you post some pics of the mirror locks you mentioned earlier? Would like to see how it looks and functions. Thanks.
Here goes rr_zen - It the black rim fixed on the mirror glass and makes it difficult to remove the mirror directly without breaking it I guess.
Have had it on all my cars and since the showroom was giving it for free - why not
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-63260015.jpg  

Old 1st December 2009, 12:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Can somebody please explain the terms IMO and IMHO?
IMO - In My Opinion
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

There is a seperate thread for this. Check that out for more abbreviations that are allowed on TBhp.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by longhorn : 1st December 2009 at 12:37.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Advice request!

Guys,
Need advice,
I liked a Civic with red logos (the H) front and back on one of our forums.
Checked this on the Performance Zone (Delhi) website, spoke to a Mr Yatharth. They have these logos available and would charge me 3000 rupees for a pair. They are supposed to be original/imported.
Firstly is this shop (Performance Zone) a bonafide place to purchase things (no idea as i am from Mumbai), secondly is the price a fair one and thirdly would I possibly get these things in Mumbai itself, if available where should I look.

Mods please help - In this the right place to ask a query like the one above or should I have posted this in another forum.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Need advice,
I liked a Civic with red logos (the H) front and back on one of our forums.
Checked this on the Performance Zone (Delhi) website, spoke to a Mr Yatharth. They have these logos available and would charge me 3000 rupees for a pair. They are supposed to be original/imported.
Firstly is this shop (Performance Zone) a bonafide place to purchase things (no idea as i am from Mumbai), secondly is the price a fair one and thirdly would I possibly get these things in Mumbai itself, if available where should I look.

Mods please help - In this the right place to ask a query like the one above or should I have posted this in another forum.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
I had installed the Mugen Spoiler from Yatharth (Performance zone).. I got a OK OK pricing.. but I think there are better shops here (one is PROAUTOMODS (Pro Auto Mods | - Home | India | Delhi | Workshop | Pro Racing) they have the type R spoiler too!) .. you can speak to Harish +91-9810061814).. I had seen the red Honda logo available in Performance zone, and I was not impressed with the quality.. 3K for a pair is a bit on a higher side, but these are very hard to find.. so if you like them, just buy it! I think you should look around in Mumbai also.. should be easier to procure and cheaper

Last edited by iTNerd : 3rd December 2009 at 13:27.
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I had installed the Mugen Spoiler from Yatharth (Performance zone).. I got a OK OK pricing.. but I think there are better shops here (one is PROAUTOMODS (Pro Auto Mods | - Home | India | Delhi | Workshop | Pro Racing) they have the type R spoiler too!) .. you can speak to Harish +91-9810061814).. I had seen the red Honda logo available in Performance zone, and I was not impressed with the quality.. 3K for a pair is a bit on a higher side, but these are very hard to find.. so if you like them, just buy it! I think you should look around in Mumbai also.. should be easier to procure and cheaper
Thanks iTNerd!
I shall check with Harish and get back.
Meanwhile somebody on our team from Mumbai may be able tell me where I should check for spoilers/logos etc.
How much did you pay for the spoiler? On your thread, i read it fell off. Whats the story on that?
Regards
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks iTNerd!
I shall check with Harish and get back.
Meanwhile somebody on our team from Mumbai may be able tell me where I should check for spoilers/logos etc.
How much did you pay for the spoiler? On your thread, i read it fell off. Whats the story on that?
Regards
yes, do that.. he has lot of customization stuffs for Civic including the genuine Type R body kits/spoilers..

I paid 13K for the spoiler...not it didn't fall off... You must be referring to m4ugr8's Civic..it felt off when he is coming back to DELfrom CHDG
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
yes, do that.. he has lot of customization stuffs for Civic including the genuine Type R body kits/spoilers..
I paid 13K for the spoiler...not it didn't fall off... You must be referring to m4ugr8's Civic..it felt off when he is coming back to DELfrom CHDG
Yes - you are right, not your spoiler sorry about that!
I spoke to Harish of Pro Automods, he does not have the logos with him now. It seems they are ordered and shall reach him sometime in Jan '10.
The spoilers start from 14k onwards for the carbon fibre ones + painting and shipping in my case - approx to around 17k.
Lets see, i shall also check in Mumbai itself.
Regards
Old 9th December 2009, 09:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Advice needed!

Hello Everybody,
I have completed 272 kms in my Civic due to paucity of time and my heart does not permit me to get the Civic to where i work due to lack of secure parking. So dont really know when i shall be able to complete the 1000 kms and let her rip.
Can I take her for a long trip - say around 500 kms with such low mileage on the clock? By the time I plan to take the trip would have completed only 300 kms. This trip to Gujarat would be 250kms one way.
What precautions should I take if you guys think its alright to go on the trip with this low mileage. Should i take a break every 45 minutes to an hour. I shall not be able to vary the speeds/rpms much on the highway, only thing i feel which can be done is keep the rpms betweeen 2.5 to 3.5
Please advice!
Thanks a lot!
Regards
Mods - Everytime i post something, its gets vetted by you. Just curious - till when do you guys monitor all posts by a newbie?
Old 9th December 2009, 13:08   #28
BHPian

long drives better

Quote:
Can I take her for a long trip - say around 500 kms with such low mileage on the clock?
Should i take a break every 45 minutes to an hour?
As soon as I took delivery of my AT (odo-reading 10 kms only), I drove 160 kms to my home-town.

I believe that long highway drives are better than city driving for the engine to set properly.
But of course the speeds and rpms have to be varied continously.

Modern cars need not be stopped regularly even when new. I regularly drive eight to ten hours non-stop (well, small stops!). In fact non-stop driving gives better life to the engine and other components like starter-motor, batteries, etc.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
As soon as I took delivery of my AT (odo-reading 10 kms only), I drove 160 kms to my home-town.
I believe that long highway drives are better than city driving for the engine to set properly.
But of course the speeds and rpms have to be varied continously.
Modern cars need not be stopped regularly even when new. I regularly drive eight to ten hours non-stop (well, small stops!). In fact non-stop driving gives better life to the engine and other components like starter-motor, batteries, etc.
Thanks Manim!
However on the highway or expressway - how do you regularly keep varying your rpms/speed. It really difficult especially if the road is more or less void of traffic

Other guru's/experts p l e a s e give me your ideas on my query above.

Thanks!
Old 9th December 2009, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
What precautions should I take if you guys think its alright to go on the trip with this low mileage
+1 to manim. We drove around 450 kms straight from the showroom.Just dont rev it like crazy and use brakes judiciously .That is all. Enjoy your drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks