Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 15:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!

Hello Everybody,

This is my first post on Team BHP guys - please excuse any errors.

I took delivery of my white Civic V MT on 25th November from Apex Honda at Sion in Mumbai.

We (my wife, a friend and myself) reached Apex at 11.30 am with the Team BHP delivery checklist and managed to leave the dealership with our new baby by 1 pm.
I checked everything and ticked off the items on the list. It was all perfectly fine and the staff were friendly, courteous and enthusiastic.
Overall a very positive experience. The sales guys were very happy with the sweets we distributed.

Accessories - Apex gave me complimentary teflon coating mirror locks and mattings.
I opted for the reverse parking sensors with the internal rear-view mirror from the dealer itelf as i did not want the monkeys from the roadside touching my new baby. Apex charged me 8500/- bucks.

Left from the showroom - was itching to floor it. However restrained myself and only drove tlll around 3k rpm. It was beautiful driving the Civic. Cannot wait to complete 1000 to 1500 kms to let her fly.

Went straight to V Kool at Vile-parle and installed the diamond series for the side and rear glasses and the v70 for the front windscreen. I had checked earlier and hence think i got a good deal even though the cost was prohibitive at 25k. Since i am going to keep the car for at least 5-7 years decieded to go for V Kool.

After finishing the film work went to a tyre dealer at Mahim called Premji's and filled nitrogen. I got Bridgestones with car and have decided to stick with the stock option.
I have checked on our forums and a lot have people have upgraded to Michelins Primacy LC 205/65 15. The Autocar guys and this tyre dealer said this size would create a problem, hence did not change.

A few photos are attached. .

Any suggestions/ideas are welcome.

Its a lenghty post - thanks for reading it!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-63260009.jpg  

Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-63260010.jpg  

Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-63260011.jpg  

Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-63260013.jpg  

Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-63260016.jpg  

Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-63260027.jpg  

Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-63260031.jpg  

Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2009, 15:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation! Welcome to the club and happy miles ahead! White is a good color for Civic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hello Everybody,
Accessories - Apex gave me complimentary teflon coating mirror locks and mattings.
I opted for the reverse parking sensors with the internal rear-view mirror from the dealer itelf as i did not want the monkeys from the roadside touching my new baby. Apex charged me 8500/- bucks.
On the teflon, do check the materials they are using and the warranty! Reverse parking sensors seems to be expensive by 3000/4000 bucks.. Is this the 4 pods only? I got it installed from the Honda dealer for 5K - 4 pods.

Quote:
Left from the showroom - was itching to floor it. However restrained myself and only drove tlll around 3k rpm. It was beautiful driving the Civic. Cannot wait to complete 1000 to 1500 kms to let her fly.
All you need to do is resist the temptation!

Quote:
I have checked on our forums and a lot have people have upgraded to Michelins Primacy LC 205/65 15. The Autocar guys and this tyre dealer said this size would create a problem, hence did not change.
205/65/15 is the right upsize from 195/65/15.. 2% error margin on the odo, which is within the accepted reading.. I got Primacy LC 205/65/15 right out of the showrooms.. very silent and comfortable tires..

Last edited by iTNerd : 27th November 2009 at 15:51.
Old 27th November 2009, 16:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks iTNerd!

Since the teflon was free they did not give me any warranty or follow-up. In all probabilities its just a wax polish job.
The reverse parking sensor is a 4 pod and Apex charged me 8.5 thousand. I thought it was too steep, however did not want to get the car touched at the outside spare part shops. Guess i paid the price!
I guess i could still change the tyres as have done only 105 kms since I got her. I got her at 58 kms on the odometer. I have to park on the road near my office and frequently get my car damaged by vandals. So I still use my wife's car - Honda City GXI CVT 2004 model, having completed 44 thousand kms.
Its going to take me awhile to complete the 1000 kms I guess!
Old 30th November 2009, 09:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Civic Cyborg Great choice of colour too.

Quote:
I took delivery of my white Civic V MT
Any particular reason why you did not opt for the Automatic? The AT with paddles is fun to drive.

Quote:
We (my wife, a friend and myself) reached Apex at 11.30 am with the Team BHP delivery checklist and managed to leave the dealership with our new baby by 1 pm.
I checked everything and ticked off the items on the list. It was all perfectly fine and the staff were friendly, courteous and enthusiastic.
Overall a very positive experience. The sales guys were very happy with the sweets we distributed.
It would be nice if you could tell us more about your buying experience with Apex. They are a pretty new dealer if I'm not wrong.

Do run in your car properly and keep updating this thread with your Honda ownership experience.

Drive safe
Old 30th November 2009, 09:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great to see another Civic on the forum ! Congrats buddy ! Nice pics there ! Can you throw more light on the mirror locks that you have mentioned in your post?

What was the wait period for delivery after booking the car and did you get any corporate discount at all?

Keep us posted on the updates. Congrats once again !
Old 30th November 2009, 11:20   #6
BHPian

Congrats cyborg on your new purchase of Civic, please tell us more about the ride, I heard that new version of Civics are coming with stiff suspensions to avoid the problem of earth kissing.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

The instrument panel with blue illumination looks great and attractive !

Request your dealer to put a sticker on the fuel opening lid (so that petrol pump
attenders canl fill up the correct fuel even if you forget to tell them)

Enjoy - Drive safely

Cheers!
Old 30th November 2009, 12:23   #8
BHPian

Hey man, congrats, Civic is a beautiful car, when it comes to white it is a head turner .
I am a fan of Civic's styling, the dash board is the best you can get in the market, giving an illusion of a Boeing's cockpit .
Old 30th November 2009, 12:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations on your new Civic Cyborg Great choice of colour too.
Any particular reason why you did not opt for the Automatic? The AT with paddles is fun to drive.
It would be nice if you could tell us more about your buying experience with Apex. They are a pretty new dealer if I'm not wrong.
Do run in your car properly and keep updating this thread with your Honda ownership experience.
Drive safe
Thanks Dippy!
My wife has a automatic City GXI 2004 which I drive as well and wanted a manual. The fun of a manual is altogether different. Also with the paddles on the steering wheel, I got pretty confused when driving it hard and cornering which side paddle is to drop/increase gears

I booked my car with Apex Kurla on 13th Oct, the sales guys name was Ganesh. Everything was fine the OTR price was 1434000/- and I got a discount of 31 thousand inclusive of a corporate discount of 12 thousand, plus a teflon coat, mirror locks and mattings.
Everthing was fine, i wanted the delivery on 14th Dec (good day + my wife was going abroad on 15th) and Ganesh promised it to me. Till the 13th he lied to me saying it was ok. On 13th in the evening we went to Apex and had a discussion with the Sales Manager, his name is Vinod Deo. He took complete ownership of Ganesh's fault, apologized and i got an apology letter from Ganesh as well a letter from Apex stating the car is absolutely fine and an apology from them as well.
After that everything was great - took delivery on 25th Nov, Vinod himself was there right thru the delivery process and we were every happy with the way everything was handled.
Just completed around 160 kms and enjoying the experience!
The average fuel calculation is showing 7.9/litre, its only the first tankful. Shall check after a couple more.
The running in period is so boring - went on the Bandra Worli sealink and upto 3k rpm and around 80 kms was soooo frustrating

Shall update this thread with more!

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Can you throw more light on the mirror locks that you have mentioned in your post?
What was the wait period for delivery after booking the car and did you get any corporate discount at all?
Thanks rr_zen!
The mirror locks are for the external rear view mirrors - suppossedly to keep them from being stolen. Its a rim around the mirror frame, which is screwed on i think. I guess its just a deterrent - if someone wants to steal them, they could very well break them off.
The wait period was 1 month as this was the upgraded model and white colour was not is stock with Apex Honda.
Regards

[quote=rr_zen;1607269]did you get any corporate discount at all?

I got a 12 thousand corporate discount from Apex

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Congrats cyborg on your new purchase of Civic, please tell us more about the ride, I heard that new version of Civics are coming with stiff suspensions to avoid the problem of earth kissing.
Thanks Hiren!
The ride is quite good actually, pretty smooth even on broken roads. Have not found it to be hard or uncomfortable. I was surprised as was expecting it to be on the harder side.
Have not really gone over a mountain speedbreaker as yet and not really gassed it to know the high speed ride as have only done around 150 kms. Normal to slightly high were no problems - though there were only two people in the car and the boot was empty.
Shall update regarding this as the kms advance!
Regards

Last edited by Dippy : 30th November 2009 at 13:02. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post. Also use the multiple quote function to quote multiple posts.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the new Civic. White is an awesome color and makes the car stand out. You have not mentioned the OTR price after discounts, if any.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car. Excellent pics man!
Old 30th November 2009, 15:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. That is right choice of color. better upgrade your tires as soon as possible. The right size would be 205/65/15. You would fetch some good deal for used one.

Any idea of adding a spoiler lip. Would definitely look good.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The instrument panel with blue illumination looks great and attractive !
Request your dealer to put a sticker on the fuel opening lid (so that petrol pump attenders canl fill up the correct fuel even if you forget to tell them)
Enjoy - Drive safely
Cheers!
Thanks nairrk, ramsagar, maclaren and mobike!

OTR was 1403000 Lacs + 25 for the V Kool Diamond and front v70

Ramsagar - How/where should i look for the lip spoiler? I have no idea.

Guys/Mods - Trying to get the hang of replying with multiple quotes dont know how, please help out. Thanks
Old 30th November 2009, 17:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Civic! Nice choice. Do post a little on why you chose the Civic over other cars which might have been considered by you. drive safe.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
How/where should i look for the lip spoiler? I have no idea.
Attaching a picture of the car with the lip spoiler. IMO it adds to the grandeur of the car. You may want to check with iTNerd who has bought a few things online.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V MT - The Great White Delivery!-new_civic_02.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks