Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 17:59   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Congrats on your new car.
I keep getting this error and sometimes, removing and reinserting it does the trick. Try doing this with the music system off.
Is the ecodrive working for you? I have tried it several times but never worked for me. It would be great if you can share your experience on this.
Old 8th December 2009, 18:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Thanks nitrous for clarifying.

Here are some more pics just shot a while ago, hope you like them.
drool.
nice ones dude. No plans of sun control film?
It will make the Punto look HOTTER
Old 9th December 2009, 00:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
drool.
nice ones dude. No plans of sun control film?
It will make the Punto look HOTTER
Thanks! Ya I was thinking of Sun films, but I am kind of a cautious (read bad) driver in the night. And I find it difficult with those dark tints even while sitting as a passenger in cars. But sun films help a lot in day time to be modest on your AC and subsequently the FE.
Well I was seriously thinking of having tints only on the rear three windows,i know . But can't imagine will it look bad or ugly.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Ya I was thinking of Sun films, but I am kind of a cautious (read bad) driver in the night. And I find it difficult with those dark tints even while sitting as a passenger in cars. But sun films help a lot in day time to be modest on your AC and subsequently the FE.
Well I was seriously thinking of having tints only on the rear three windows,i know . But can't imagine will it look bad or ugly.

even i find it little diffcult to drive with tint, especially when it trains heavily

Some photo shop experts in forum can help us in visualizing the 3 tint look.

Anyone please
Old 9th December 2009, 11:27   #50
Senior - BHPian

Don't do it !

Quote:
Well I was seriously thinking of having tints only on the rear three windows...
But can't imagine will it look bad or ugly.
Don't even think about doing this, it would look really ugly and won't solve the purpose of heat rejection since the front windshield and the front glasses would still be exposed.

I would suggest that you get a transparent V-cool (or some other brand) sun film installed on the front windshield. This would provide significant heat rejection without hampering visibility.

If budget is not a constraint, get the same transparent film installed on all windows and rear windshield also.

Another (pocket friendly) option is to install transparent V-cool (or some other brand) film on the front windshield along with a light tinted (RTO approved) sun film on the windows and rear windshield.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 14th December 2009, 12:28   #51
BHPian

Need advice and suggestions

Hello All,
I need some advice and suggestions for getting sun films installed.
Please suggest me the brand and make and model of something for the 4 windows and rear window which wont be too dark. If someone can post some pics that would be great. I am too scared to drive with those in the night,I would prefer not to have them at all but driving in city traffic needs slight dark tints. Any idea what are the ones which are approved by RTO. Front windshield I am keeping it aside for now, because of budget. Dont want to spend so much on it.

Any Bangy folks can help me on where to procure from.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:40   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
I need some advice and suggestions for getting sun films installed.
Please suggest me the brand and make and model of something for the 4 windows and rear window which wont be too dark. If someone can post some pics that would be great. I am too scared to drive with those in the night,I would prefer not to have them at all but driving in city traffic needs slight dark tints. Any idea what are the ones which are approved by RTO. Front windshield I am keeping it aside for now, because of budget. Dont want to spend so much on it.

Any Bangy folks can help me on where to procure from.
for the windows and rear go with the 3M sunfilm with the 70% visible light transmission and for the front again 3M front windshield film would do the job. Get in touch with the Auto Shop in Kormanagala 7th Block, that bloke will help you out.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:56   #53
BHPian

Congratulations Punter It's an overall good package for the price... i20 Asta and Fabia are really overpriced and have one problem or the other. As for Swift, it's fun to drive for an individual but absolutely no space in the back.
Old 15th December 2009, 16:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am too scared to drive with those in the night,I would prefer not to have them at all but driving in city traffic needs slight dark tints.
If you are not comfortable driving in the night with tinted glasses, then you should not get them tinted at all.

I could not understand your above statement, why does driving in city traffic need slight dark tints ? Do you mean to say that you need privacy ?

The RTO approved sun films (50% visibility) have a very light tint and do not provide sufficient privacy.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 15th December 2009, 19:03   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edassery View Post
Congratulations Punter It's an overall good package for the price... i20 Asta and Fabia are really overpriced and have one problem or the other. As for Swift, it's fun to drive for an individual but absolutely no space in the back.
Thanks Dude ! Ya the Punto felt more VFM than a i20 solely because of the engine and i20 felt really underpowered that way i10 is better with the same 1.2 kappa engine. I agree with what you said Swift. As for Swift I dont consider it as a premium hatchback. Its just yet another hatchback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If you are not comfortable driving in the night with tinted glasses, then you should not get them tinted at all.

I could not understand your above statement, why does driving in city traffic need slight dark tints ? Do you mean to say that you need privacy ?

The RTO approved sun films (50% visibility) have a very light tint and do not provide sufficient privacy.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Rohan, I know it doesn't provide adequate privacy even with 50% visibility. But felt something is better than nothing. Anyway safety is foremost, so i am still in two minds. As for me I usually drive with a polarized sunglasses so what ever I look at cuts the glare and its more fun to drive with those on in bright sunlight. And further I felt Punto interiors being black dont reflect too much light to the outside so obviously the look from outside will be darker compared to any beige interior cars like i10. (One more reason I preffered to go with Punto.) Point is back seat passengers usually prefer some privacy so was thinking about it. Thou I am Still confused . Never driven before with those sun films and I now feel it will spoil the fun when you have your sunglasses on.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:35   #56
BHPian

Samsan, I got sunfilms on the windscreen and other windows. 3M CR70 for front and RE35 all around. There is absolutely no difference in visibility and heat seepage into the car interior is reduced.
Old 15th December 2009, 23:48   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
for the windows and rear go with the 3M sunfilm with the 70% visible light transmission and for the front again 3M front windshield film would do the job. Get in touch with the Auto Shop in Kormanagala 7th Block, that bloke will help you out.
Thanks for the address nKrishnap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Samsan, I got sunfilms on the windscreen and other windows. 3M CR70 for front and RE35 all around. There is absolutely no difference in visibility and heat seepage into the car interior is reduced.
Thanks for the information, can you post some pics.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:11   #58
BHPian

I got a mileage of 101 kms for 10 litres in city with AC on most of the time. I calculated like this, When I got low fuel indicator on display I reset trip meter at 225 km on odo. Filled exactly 10 liters. Waited until I got the next low fuel indicator at 326 km on odo.But trip meter avg consumption showed as 10.9 kmpl for that trip of 101 km, but my calculation is giving 10.1 kmpl. Will there be so much difference of 0.8 or is it ok. Is there any better way to find the exact FE.
Old 17th December 2009, 15:19   #59
BHPian

Just my cent for finding the FE. I do a full tank on my car and reset the odo. After a considerable drive, I refuel it to brink again. Now the amount of fuel I needed to bring it back to full tank with the KM I ran gives me a good idea about the FE of my car.
Hope this helps
Old 17th December 2009, 15:34   #60
BHPian

Congrats Sam on the buy. My way of checking the FE is slightly different. I fill full tank of my car, and reset the odo. After some amount of drive I refill the tank to full again. The quantity of fuel I had to refill to the the KM travelled gives me a good idea about the FE of my car. Hope this helps

Most Viewed