Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 09:29   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Thanks for the information, can you post some pics.
You can see the pics in my thread samsan here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tion-pack.html
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:32   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
You can see the pics in my thread samsan here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tion-pack.html
Thanks NutsNBolts for the link, wow! the sunfilms look nice on the Linea. But I am still in two minds, I have put on hold for now.

By the way I went yesterday to Concorde to get mudflaps, got them fixed after a month, because they didn't have them in stock. Ofcourse it was part of freebies promised earlier.

I asked them to check my chasis number for the clutch cylinder replacement, they confirmed that mine doesn't require a change and around 500 puntos needed them with some earlier manufacturing. Mine is with 'JPZ'.

Sorted out the tool kit strap issue, the service guy secured it nicely with the existing strap itself, which I couldn't .

While fixing the rear mudflaps, that boy fitted one of the screws from outside and had to make a hole on the rear bumper. He said all Puntos they are fixing like that, can anyone confirm. At first I was like man that would look ugly and with the rusting it will be looking bad. He said he will put a black screw/washer, but a over a period they will surely get rusted.
But again I checked, it can't be done from inside the rear wheels, the middle screw cannot be fitted without removing the rear wheels, too less space for a screw driver to get in. And didn't want to remove wheels to fit mud flaps, would spoil the wheel allignment, and the service guys wouldn't do it either for such a petty job.
Anyway will put a black tape or something to cover the screws.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:25   #63
BHPian

Got rear ended in Bumper to Bumper Traffic

Guys, Got rear ended by an Alto while coming to office in peak Bumper to Bumper rabitting Traffic. The Alto didn't see me stop and hit at the rear bumper. Bumper got scratched and the right side kind of slightly got dislodged, the gap was a bit more to the right side compared to the left side. No dents on the rear thou. Will the bumper hold good till I get it repaired.

Is there anything to worry about, I have my first service next month want to get it repaired then.
Old 13th January 2010, 13:32   #64
BHPian

Only a misaligned bumper!

I remember, GTO mentioned the same thing in Punto review thread. BTW, what was the effect on the Alto after the impact?

I really swear by the build quality of European cars as a whole. Last month while travelling in a Fabia towards electronic city , we got rear ended by an alto. The effect!
Well , we were not really thinking it as a big impact unless we saw the damage what the Alto had got. The front bumper broke ( a big crack ) , grills got bent , and the bonnet too had the effect of the impact . But the Fabia had got only a crack ( is there anything to do with the engineering ? that the shock of the impact was absorbed in a localized manner ) .

But , this is not the end of the story. We should be talking about the pocket now. To repair the Fabia , the bill was around 35K ( I don't really know the break up ) . I am sure that the Alto would have been repaired with much lesser amount inspite of the greater damage it got.
Old 13th January 2010, 13:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

lolz - I guess a totalled alto can be repaired in 35K !
But seriously - 35k just for a bumper job??
Old 13th January 2010, 14:50   #66
BHPian

I am not really sure whether the amount was only for the bumper and paint or something may have been done with the boot assembly (?) , but definitely it was not one of the cheapest repair. Only thing is that the effect of the impact was way less in Fabia ( we were inside and it felt like a minor knock at the rear ) compared to the Alto , at least that's the impression one will get visually.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:26   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
Only a misaligned bumper!
I remember, GTO mentioned the same thing in Punto review thread. BTW, what was the effect on the Alto after the impact?
Yes! only the bumper got misaligned, but also the number plate light (one to the right) had got dislodged, but I pushed it back and it snapped back and checked later it works fine.I am not sure how big was the damage on the Alto. As traffic was holding up, didn't get time to inspect the other Car's damage. Just got the guy's number and left.

How can the scratches and peeled off paint be fixed on the bumper, how much will that cost.Any idea? Does some touch up paint job make it look good.

For aligning the bumper how much do they typically charge?

Last edited by samsan02 : 13th January 2010 at 15:32.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Yes! only the bumper got misaligned, but also the number plate light (one to the right) had got dislodged, but I pushed it back and it snapped back and checked later it works fine.I am not sure how big was the damage on the Alto. As traffic was holding up, didn't get time to inspect the other Car's damage. Just got the guy's number and left.

How can the scratches and peeled off paint be fixed on the bumper, how much will that cost.Any idea? Does some touch up paint job make it look good.

For aligning the bumper how much do they typically charge?

scratches and peeled off paint - if you want DIY, try com-paint (I shall attempt the same when i receive my com-paint shipment), or you can go for a total bumper painting (cost around 2000 for i10 when I enquired).

For tinkering and fitting the mis aligned bumper they should charge around 100 bucks.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
scratches and peeled off paint - if you want DIY, try com-paint (I shall attempt the same when i receive my com-paint shipment), or you can go for a total bumper painting (cost around 2000 for i10 when I enquired).

For tinkering and fitting the mis aligned bumper they should charge around 100 bucks.
I checked com-paint they dont have electric blue available for Punto thou, have only Linea flamenco red available. so thats off !

Well ! I got the rear bumper fixed at concorde. They removed the entire bumper and re alligned it properly so its as good as new. Scratch marks they said can be done using some touch up work but they dont have electric blue paint readily available so plan to get it done during first service next month. Didn't want to go for full bumper paint job as that would cost 3 to 4k I guess, but insurance wont pay for everything thou.

They charged, Rs 600 plus service tax of Rs.62 for fixing the bumper, felt kind of expensive.
Old 27th January 2010, 17:58   #70
BHPian

Hi All Punto 1.4 Owners,
I have my first service due next month by Feb 20th. Any advice what all needs to be checked and serviced. Appreciate a detailed advice please.

I am never going to reach that 3000km mark by then so it has to be serviced after 3 months time elapses. Have done 750 km so far in about 2 months of city driving also I will be travelling the next two weeks so dont expect to clock more kilometers by then.

Do I need to top up any engine oil with about 1k km on the ODO or is it still good to go?
Oflate I have observed my steering wheel is slightly aligned to the left, when going straight or parking straight the wheel arch is aligned to the left may be by 1 degree or 2. Is this a minor glitch and can it be fixed, I thing warranty should take care of this right. Ofcourse it doesn't hamper driving in anyway.

I keep getting calls from dealer & Fiat Pune when I left feedback saying that they ought to have paint available to get minor scartches fixed. Nice to know that Fiat takes feedback seriously. The dealer called again and asked to come over to get it resolved, but I plan to get the rear bumper touch up job done during first service.
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:12   #71
BHPian

First service update.

I was sure I will never clock 3k kms in about 3 months, but never expected that it will be so less just about 810 kms when I took it for service. Actually was on vacation so didn't drive for 15 days.
After 15 days of being idle when I started it I observed some noise coming from under the steering when I turn on the engine and shift gears and move forward. The noise is more like a constant squeal like some race car engine sound. As few BHPians mentioned it could be just the slipping belt and nothing major. I had a look under the bonnet and the constant sound is coming from below the engine some where. And this comes whenever the engine is switched on. When I press the gas pedal it increases and its more audible. I checked the belts and they seemed fine.

So I booked for service day with Fiat and took the vehicle on the said date, and as promised delivery was on time. Service was smooth, paid just zilch 0.00 Rs. Things done were wheel alignment,Squeal Sound disappeared the Fiat service guy said it was due to some belt tension which we initially suspected, and they adjusted the tension on it. Now its fine. Touch up job on the bumper, luckily they had the paint, not a perfect job but ok. Didn't want to get the bumper repainted just for that.Engine oil top ups done with about 50 ml (no charge for that), all fluids topped up. cleaning and washing.
I still have that slight left inclination of steering which the fiat service guy said will fix it once I go to them again. Service experience was up to the mark. Have been receving calls to provide feed back on service also received letter from dealer about the previous feedback that I left. So looks like Fiat is serious about changing A.S.S perception of Fiat.

Now the car seems very smooth with gear shifts, clutch travel seems to have reduced , not sure if they did anything. But mine didn't require a CSC replacement thou. So far it has been a satisfactory experience.

Note: Mods Please edit the thread title to

A honest post about buying my first Car,A GP 1.4 E+ 1st Service done.
Old 9th March 2010, 15:19   #72
BHPian

FIAT First Camp on 6th March at Concorde Bangalore

I went on 6th March to the Fiat first camp at Concorde Bangalore. I reached at 10 a.m, by that time 50 odd cars had already been taken in. I waited almost 3.5 hrs to get back my car, ofcourse they had mentioned it would take about 3 hrs. I was very well greeted I explained issues that needed some attention, they did fix everything in it. Steering centering was done, where there was a slight left inclination.
Topped up all fluid levels free of cost, cleaned the vehicle ofcourse it was not a very perfect job. I would say with the amount of load they had that day it was a decent effort by them to address and attend all those vehicles. BTW they did offer colddrinks/water to the visitors there. And ofcourse a complimentary tissue box with the Punto picture on it was given to every customer.

Last edited by samsan02 : 9th March 2010 at 15:31.
Old 11th April 2010, 19:08   #73
BHPian

Few Exterior Pics

Hi Guys,
Finally got sun films for sides and rear, coz its too hot in Bangalore these days. Also used a car shampoo and waxed it while drying. See the pictures. Let me know how does it look.

Now the sad part, yesterday after the shampooing and waxing, took her out in the evening, it scarpped a cement block in a parking lot of a store on inner ring road. A dumb security guy didn't guide me properly. And as it was the left rear tyre blind spot I missed it completely. Huh! I guess Life is like that.

Anyway need some advice here guys It looks very bad with those scratch marks, Particularly if you look at the one in the darker picturer.
How can this be fixed, should I claim insurance what all do you suggest.How much would it cost. I dont want to claim insurance if it isn't a major expense as will loose the no claim bonus later.
Any suggestions here.
Attached Thumbnails
A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00028.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00029.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00030.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00031.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00032.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00033.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00034.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00035.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00036.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00038.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00024.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00025.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00026.jpg  

A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-dsc00027.jpg  

Old 11th April 2010, 19:50   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

The skirt running board has been damaged. The dent needs to removed. Not sure about the repair cost
Old 11th April 2010, 20:00   #75
BHPian

Shucks, these things can make you feel real bad. Not sure about the cost, yet I feel it will be better to do it on your own expense and claim NCB later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks