Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 20:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

dont worry about the scratches these things keep happening, just use some wax polish or scratch remover and forget about it.I don't think it is such a bbig eye sore .
Old 11th April 2010, 20:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi Guys,
Finally got sun films for sides and rear, coz its too hot in Bangalore these days. Also used a car shampoo and waxed it while drying. See the pictures. Let me know how does it look.
After the shampoo and waxing, you beauty looks electrifying
Old 12th April 2010, 01:13   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Shucks, these things can make you feel real bad. Not sure about the cost, yet I feel it will be better to do it on your own expense and claim NCB later.
Yes! It feels real bad, when something silly happens like this. Anyway will take to service guys and see what is the best option here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
dont worry about the scratches these things keep happening, just use some wax polish or scratch remover and forget about it.I don't think it is such a bbig eye sore .
Thanks for your suggestion mate, if just some touch up or rubbing works will explore that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
After the shampoo and waxing, you beauty looks electrifying
Thanks Dude, I know !, I waxed it for the first time and it turned out real nice.But later got a very bad scrapped scratch. I guess some boori nazar after the waxing
Old 12th April 2010, 09:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I guess some boori nazar after the waxing
I hope you are not planning to hang an old shoe like the ones that are there on a truck
Old 20th April 2010, 00:15   #80
BHPian

Quick update, got the dent and scratches fixed. KHT Motors did a good job and its just like new now. Ofcourse it lightened me by about 2K.
Old 20th April 2010, 05:43   #81
Senior - BHPian

^^ Good for you. Also, the 2k damage is not too bad judging from the pictures you'd shared.

Well done, enjoy the drive now.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:27   #82
BHPian

Quick Update

9 months into ownership have crossed 3K on the ODO, haven't driven much in the highway either. This is the FE I have got on multiple runs within Bangalore city. Interesting thing is FE has slightly gone up after about 1.8K on the ODO. When I checked res-to-res with 20/30 Lts fills I have got 11.2, 11.5, 11.8 with AC running about 50% of the time. Earlier I was getting 10-10.5 kmpl consistently. All figures are calculated ones.

Recently I once had to load the GP to its full, 35 km drive it was with full boot, 4 adults and two extra large suitcase on the fifth passenger seat, plus a big bag in the front passenger foot area and it din't struggle, thou could feel the difference in driving it when alone and with full load, but it pulled clean, only difference I could feel was that the GC became a little low when fully loaded.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:54   #83
BHPian

City FE Update

I stopped resetting the Trip B meter for a while and to avoid accidental resetting, even had it removed from display as well, so when I check again I got these on the MID. This is just city driving, covered 1824.3 Kms in 88:06 hours at 20 kmph with 12.3 Kmpl.
Attached Thumbnails
A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.-cityfe.jpg  

Old 15th November 2010, 16:16   #84
BHPian

What to check for 2nd Free Service at 1 Yr completion?

Hi Guys,

2nd free service is going to be due when my the Punto completes a year, haven't driven much this last year as it has been mostly only city drives. Have clocked about 4k on the ODO. So what all should I check for and get it replaced in the 2nd free service.

Should I top up the engine oil or is it better to get it replaced entirely? Any other suggestions please.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
9 months into ownership have crossed 3K on the ODO, haven't driven much in the highway either.
Even I had to wait for 9 months to see 3K on OD and guess what I captured that reading using my cellphone . The only difference here is I covered half of that on highway!!

Quote:
I stopped resetting the Trip B meter for a while and to avoid accidental resetting, even had it removed from display as well, so when I check again I got these on the MID. This is just city driving, covered 1824.3 Kms in 88:06 hours at 20 kmph with 12.3 Kmpl.
Something between 12-13 kmpl is even I'm getting in city like Pune and I'm happy with that

Quote:
Hi Guys,

2nd free service is going to be due when my the Punto completes a year, haven't driven much this last year as it has been mostly only city drives. Have clocked about 4k on the ODO. So what all should I check for and get it replaced in the 2nd free service.

Should I top up the engine oil or is it better to get it replaced entirely? Any other suggestions please.
I would have asked similar question after sometime as mine will be completing a year in Feb. I would complete 4-4.5K by then as I will be making one more trip back home. I will standby to see what experts suggest here.

Last edited by HammerHead : 15th November 2010 at 18:59.
Old 15th November 2010, 19:31   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Since it is 1yr/15K service, I think the oil change will have to be done anyway, atleast to preserve the warranty.
Old 15th November 2010, 19:54   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Air/oil/fuel filters will be changed..
About oil, go by what your advisor suggests; I don't think you'd need to chnage it..
Old 17th November 2010, 12:25   #88
BHPian

Thanks guys for your suggestions, Will be taking it tomorrow for the service, more updates after that.
Old 24th November 2010, 12:49   #89
BHPian

2nd Free Service Done

My punto completed its first anniversary so took it for the 1 year 2nd free service at Concorde, got Oil changed, fuel filter, air filter, AC filter. They did a a ECU remap as recommeded by fiat. Asked about if AC needs some retrofitting as mentioned in some threads, they said not needed. They also did Steering centering, and wheel balancing, Clutch had developed some squeaky sound after the rains, got it fixed now its smooth and free in play. Gear shifts have improved and are quite smooth. They returned the remainder of the 4L engine oil can, and suggested for some top ups after every few thousand kilometers.

Bill was about 3.4K, overall quite happy with the service and delivery.
Only thing i forgot was to ask them to reset the service reminder, will get it done in a few days.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd Free Service Done

Quote:
My punto completed its first anniversary so took it for the 1 year 2nd free service at Concorde, got Oil changed, fuel filter, air filter, AC filter. They did a a ECU remap as recommeded by fiat. Asked about if AC needs some retrofitting as mentioned in some threads, they said not needed. They also did Steering centering, and wheel balancing, Clutch had developed some squeaky sound after the rains, got it fixed now its smooth and free in play. Gear shifts have improved and are quite smooth. They returned the remainder of the 4L engine oil can, and suggested for some top ups after every few thousand kilometers.

Bill was about 3.4K, overall quite happy with the service and delivery.
Only thing i forgot was to ask them to reset the service reminder, will get it done in a few days.
Samson, can you please provide details of the total bill? Today morning I left my GP 1.4 with Pandit for 2nd service and SA gave me rough estimate of Rs. 5600/- for Changing Oil, Fuel and AC filter!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks