Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 17:21   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2nd Free Service Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Samson, can you please provide details of the total bill? Today morning I left my GP 1.4 with Pandit for 2nd service and SA gave me rough estimate of Rs. 5600/- for Changing Oil, Fuel and AC filter!
5600 just for changing the filters?!

Don't know about Fiat but most manufacturers replace engine oil at every free service. So, if that is taken into account,

~1k for mineral engine oil (~1800 is synthetic)
~2-3k for the oil/fuel/air filter.

And the rest taxes.

So, going by the above, 5600 could be possible.

But, are oil/fuel and a/c (!) filters changed by Fiat during 2nd free service?? Honda doesn't change them. Just engine oil.
Old 25th January 2011, 18:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd Free Service Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
5600 just for changing the filters?!
No. Not just for filters! Filters + Oil change. This one uses Synthetic oil.
By the way I called up the SA and told him that 'Nothing other then usual 2nd service bare minimum recommended stuff should be changed'. He said that's what they are going to do and Rs.5600/- is an estimate and they will provide me breakup of the same.

Forgot to mention that SA called me at 3:30PM to inform me that they are going to 'change/upgrade' AC kit as per Fiats recommendation. I had asked him about the same before leaving my car with him and he said 'not required'!! He also informed me that I will get my car back only on Thursday 27th as they have to work on AC. He mentioned that the AC stuff worth Rs. 35K and is covered under warranty. He said they will have to take the car for a spin, some 60KM's after fixing AC. I told him, I will accompany their tech.

Lets see what surprises stored for me. Wish me and my car good luck . I took printout of all the threads, including this thread, where members have mention their 2nd service cost. Just in case

Last edited by HammerHead : 25th January 2011 at 18:13.
Old 25th January 2011, 18:38   #93
Team-BHP Support

Re: A honest post about buying my first Car A GP 1.4 E+.

5600 for filter change and synthetic oil seems possible; although slightly on the higher side. But then again, prices vary. And taxes are one huge pain in the neck.

About the A/c upgrade, do test it before delivery.

Hope the upgrade goes smooth!
Old 25th January 2011, 18:47   #94
BHPian

5600 is a correct estimate

3.5 - 4 liters of synthetic oil
Oil filter is changed
Fuel filter is changed
Pollen filter is change
Air filter is changed

btw : just a friendly advice about Pandit Auto. DON'T let them take your car for a 60 km spin. As you have rightly mentioned : you go with them and you drive the car.

Also make sure they show you all the old (replaced) filters. In fact, insist on taking those in your possession and discard them later at some disposal site.

@libranof1987 : if you change the oil, it's good to change the oil filter too !! I don't know what Honda does : but most manufacturers recommend both i.e change of oil and oil filter. You don't want clean oil passing through a clogged oil filter.
Old 25th January 2011, 19:17   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
@libranof1987 : if you change the oil, it's good to change the oil filter too !! I don't know what Honda does : but most manufacturers recommend both i.e change of oil and oil filter. You don't want clean oil passing through a clogged oil filter.
Again, it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

At least for 2nd n 3rd free service, all they did for the City was engine oil change. Cost of these 2 services : Rs. 980 (mineral oil).

But I remember Opel changing filters during Corsa's free services.

@ HammerHead : Btw, what's with the A/c kit upgrade? Is it being done for GP 1.4 or your's is an exception.
Old 26th January 2011, 10:30   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
5600 is a correct estimate

3.5 - 4 liters of synthetic oil
Oil filter is changed
Fuel filter is changed
Pollen filter is change
Air filter is changed

btw : just a friendly advice about Pandit Auto. DON'T let them take your car for a 60 km spin. As you have rightly mentioned : you go with them and you drive the car.

Also make sure they show you all the old (replaced) filters. In fact, insist on taking those in your possession and discard them later at some disposal site.
Thanks Amogh, point noted. I was wondering how come my friend paid just 3.5K for 2nd service of his Linea 1.4 E-Pk and even Samsan02 who started this thread paid 3.4K for 2nd service of his GP 1.4 E-Pk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
@ HammerHead : Btw, what's with the A/c kit upgrade? Is it being done for GP 1.4 or your's is an exception.
IIRC I heard Fiat CEO saying the AC kit change/upgrade applies to petrol GP and Linea. By the way I'm extremely satisfied with AC's current performance. Lets see how better/different it will be after change/upgrade.

Last edited by HammerHead : 26th January 2011 at 10:34.
Old 27th January 2011, 12:16   #97

Congratulations. When I was considering a car, this was my first choice, but the price tag led me to look elsewhere. Nonetheless, great choice, wish you mile of comfort and safety.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:00   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Amogh, point noted. I was wondering how come my friend paid just 3.5K for 2nd service of his Linea 1.4 E-Pk and even Samsan02 who started this thread paid 3.4K for 2nd service of his GP 1.4 E-Pk.

IIRC I heard Fiat CEO saying the AC kit change/upgrade applies to petrol GP and Linea. By the way I'm extremely satisfied with AC's current performance. Lets see how better/different it will be after change/upgrade.
Hi Hammerhead,

I actually paid about 3.4k for 2nd free service, that included 4 litre oil (have about 0.5 ltr at home), ac filter, oil filter etc. But i did ask them about the AC kit change but they declined saying its not needed. Did you get it replaced, this is confusing as I thought all GP 1.4s needed them and asked them specifically but they said no. Should I take it to them again? Or is it that Fiat is doing this replacement in phases in certain locations only.

Last edited by samsan02 : 27th January 2011 at 18:03.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:15   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi Hammerhead,
I actually paid about 3.4k for 2nd free service, that included 4 litre oil (have about 0.5 ltr at home), ac filter, oil filter etc. But i did ask them about the AC kit change but they declined saying its not needed. Did you get it replaced, this is confusing as I thought all GP 1.4s needed them and asked them specifically but they said no. Should I take it to them again? Or is it that Fiat is doing this replacement in phases in certain locations only.
Hey Samsan, thanks for replying back.
Yes they are replacing AC kit. I haven't got my car yet. When I called the SA at around 4:00PM today to check the status and he asked for one more day!! He said my car will be ready by 4-5PM tomorrow.

I'm planning to take off tomorrow and go to the service center early morning and leave that place only after taking my car back. Its so frustrating! Its not that I need my car badly but then these guys should at least know how much time it takes for 2nd service. After all mine is not the first car they are servicing

Regarding AC kit, I would suggest you to get in touch with Fiat customer support to know if they are doing this replacement in phases. I don't think it is applicable only for certain locations.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:03   #100
BHPian

Quick Update & they spilled some oil on my front seats

Hi Guys,
Here is a quick update and I also need some suggestions.
I had this squeaky noise coming from left rear suspension, finally I took it to the service center after i was unable to get it rectified on my own using some oiling. Looks like some strut pads were replaced as part of warranty and the issue seems to have got resolved for now. No more noise coming but will wait and watch till I close this issue with them.

Also got the AC retrofitted and the change I feel is increased fan speed and a slightly faster cooling. But overall AC felt much better now than it was earlier. Earlier it use to take some time before you can feel the chill but now its faster for sure at the same fan speed bar levels. Its been a week since I got these issues resolved. Both issues seems to be taken care of, the AC is definitely better than it use to be earlier, and I haven't seen any drop in mileage figures I still get around 12.2 to 12.4 on the MID.

Now the worst part, Its been a week since I got the vehicle back, and on that day at service center they had accidentally spilled some oil on front seats. Front passenger seat is worse. After that they had cleaned it using 3M foam. They did mention it when I took delivery last week that its their mistake and it has been reported to the higher ups about it.

I was like annoyed but looking at the thing it can happen to anyone or anywhere. I keep the interiors in good shape always and this had to happen. They assured me that some remedy will be taken. First they said they may as well replace the entire seats and it will be done by concorde free of cost, but now they are saying that they may provide some seat covers. I told them that its annoying for me to use the car always with some polythene sheets and newspapers everytime i take it out to go somewhere.

What do you guys suggest, what is the best feasible thing to ask for.
The seats are still sticky with the oil mess and getting original factory fitted seats may take some time as well, if they don't have it in stock with them. And these guys may insist to take the seat cover option as it may cost them less. But choosing the right seat cover from what they might have in stock is another issue as it may spoil the interior look.

Last edited by samsan02 : 16th February 2011 at 12:05.
Old 16th February 2011, 13:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quick Update & they spilled some oil on my front seats

Quote:
The seats are still sticky with the oil mess and getting original factory fitted seats may take some time as well, if they don't have it in stock with them. And these guys may insist to take the seat cover option as it may cost them less. But choosing the right seat cover from what they might have in stock is another issue as it may spoil the interior look.
I would suggest you to go in for original factory fitted seats. Sure it will take some time for them to arrange the seats but then you will get back your car the way it was before leaving with them for service.
Old 16th February 2011, 18:44   #102
BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion would be to go in for the new factory fitted seats. Getting the covers might not be such a good idea, since oil might seep through the seat fabric and would eventually spoil it. Wait for the seat, but make sure that you convey your unhappiness over the oil spill. Being too nice might not help always.
Old 17th February 2011, 12:52   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to go in for original factory fitted seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh View Post
My suggestion would be to go in for the new factory fitted seats.
Thanks guys for all your suggestions, I will have to escalate it to Fiat to get this thing resolved I guess. Let me speak to them as well.
Old 24th February 2011, 17:46   #104
BHPian

Finally today they took my car for cleaning up that oily mess on my front seats. They provided a loaner car while this will be getting rectified. Now after a lot of following up and non availability of loaner cars this thing got delayed. As they said they may need 2 days for sorting it out. Let see how they resolve the issue now. This time I had a disappointing experience with concorde in trying to get my vehicle to the service station. No proper co-ordination at all.

Lets wait and see, will update it after I get back the car.
Old 24th February 2011, 18:00   #105
Senior - BHPian

Will be handing over the car for its first year end servicing. And reading this already has given me jitters. Seems I have to do some puja for blessing of lord before I hand over the keys to SA.

Which Concorde you took the car to? Dairy circle?
And is there any way we can see online the stuff they do to the our cars? I mean internally they will be keeping records of whatever is repaired or changed. Any chance I can have a peek?

And Rs 5600 charges??
This month is a month of expenses. Heavy expenses.

Last edited by download2live : 24th February 2011 at 18:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks