Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 15:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on your i20 as well being a father.Enjoy both of your reasons and keep updating this thread.Some more pictures.
Old 28th November 2009, 15:20   #17
BHPian

Hi rbp,

i20 is a stunner of a car. The CRDi unit is an impressive one with decent torque. The only thing I feel against this beauty is the non responsive steering and relatively less stable ride above 80 Kmph. Other wise this is the best car in the segment and by miles. Enjoy your beauty
Old 28th November 2009, 15:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up !
No doubt, i20 is a good car in the hatchback segment and have seen many numbers in this forum.
sun roof - you should have taken a photo on this also?

Also congratulations on the new addition in your family - junior rbp
Old 29th November 2009, 09:56   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Double congrats Raghu, one for the little boy and other for the beast. Nice color.

Put your Nikon DSLR to work and gift us with the pics of both the beauty and the beast
Old 29th November 2009, 20:21   #20
BHPian

one word man you bought the whole nine yards you know what i am talking about congratulations!!
Old 29th November 2009, 23:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
How much resale value can I expect for these Apollo tyres? Price of Michelins?
Not really sure- check with a reputed tire dealer in your city. I got 1800 off on my stock bridgestones (if I am not wrong) 175/65/R14, and got Yoko S.Drives in 195/55/R15 for 4300, effectively making the new tires 2500 per piece.
Old 29th November 2009, 23:58   #22
BHPian

Congrats for becoming dad & car owner

Safe driving!
Old 30th November 2009, 10:16   #23
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Hi rbp,

i20 is a stunner of a car. The CRDi unit is an impressive one with decent torque. The only thing I feel against this beauty is the non responsive steering and relatively less stable ride above 80 Kmph. Other wise this is the best car in the segment and by miles. Enjoy your beauty
Well, I have got used to it now. I did have that problem initially but not anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Nice write up !
No doubt, i20 is a good car in the hatchback segment and have seen many numbers in this forum.
sun roof - you should have taken a photo on this also?

Also congratulations on the new addition in your family - junior rbp
Thanks, I will capture a few snaps of the sunroof and post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Double congrats Raghu, one for the little boy and other for the beast. Nice color.

Put your Nikon DSLR to work and gift us with the pics of both the beauty and the beast
Thanks Magaa, sure the SLR will be at work from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
one word man you bought the whole nine yards you know what i am talking about congratulations!!
Thanks dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Congrats for becoming dad & car owner

Safe driving!
Thanks again to all of you.

By the way I just returned back from my wife's native Shimoga, around 280 kms drive. I have been getting lot of back pain, any suggestions?
Old 30th November 2009, 10:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Before the launch of i20, the words 'Korean' and 'Beauty' couldn't be used together.

Anyway congrats on your new ride, drive safe. i20 in this color looks really good. (Exactly my Punto's color)

Last edited by clevermax : 30th November 2009 at 10:21.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:44   #25
BHPian

i wanted to say this just outta concern.

plz take precautions when the baby is in the car!! switch off the airbag! and better yet buy the isofix baby seats(dunno what they call it exactly ) but you know!! after spending this much few thousand here and there is nothing!! dunno if you had bought it or taking other precautions but i just wanted to mention it!!
Old 30th November 2009, 11:39   #26
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i wanted to say this just outta concern.

plz take precautions when the baby is in the car!! switch off the airbag! and better yet buy the isofix baby seats(dunno what they call it exactly ) but you know!! after spending this much few thousand here and there is nothing!! dunno if you had bought it or taking other precautions but i just wanted to mention it!!
Thanks for the concern, I will be buying it, I had seen it somewhere, I guess in the i20 brochure.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. That was a great choice with big heart of owning with sunroof.
Upgrade to better tires would improve the ride. Michelin's will the best.
Pls remove the decals except the H logo on the boot. Looks really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
The only thing I feel against this beauty is the non responsive steering and relatively less stable ride above 80 Kmph. Other wise this is the best car in the segment and by miles. Enjoy your beauty
I had the same feeling before TD the deisel motor. But it was sure footed when taken it to 120kmph on NICE road. Might be due to heavier diesel motor and good suspension. I invite few more comments on this. Never expected this behavior. But should say, not stable as Putno.

nairrk: You have taken words from my mouth.
Sunroof pics are most imp. as the model is concerned.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 30th November 2009 at 16:30.
Old 30th November 2009, 17:21   #28
rbp
BHPian

My car is due for its first service. Any feedback on the Trident service station at Sheshadripuram, Bangalore?
Old 1st December 2009, 01:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

The i20 is a beautiful car.I had n't been with the Hyundai Cars.Of course some hundred kms I drove the Santro. I had a mood to buy the Getz Prime.Finally the Dash board did not appeal me for that buy.Now the I20 looks so beautiful.Still then people reccommend for Tyre Upgrade.Why is that.What is the main purpose of the Sunroof.
Thanks
Old 1st December 2009, 10:15   #30
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
The i20 is a beautiful car.I had n't been with the Hyundai Cars.Of course some hundred kms I drove the Santro. I had a mood to buy the Getz Prime.Finally the Dash board did not appeal me for that buy.Now the I20 looks so beautiful.Still then people reccommend for Tyre Upgrade.Why is that.What is the main purpose of the Sunroof.
Thanks
Regarding the tyres I am not totally happy with them, they make some noise when u go over bad roads, most say shifting to Michelins will reduce this noise. The sunroof is just an extra feature, I use it when ever I go on long rides and the weather is cool.

Most Viewed