Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 13:44   #91
BHPian

Time for my Ubers Second Service.

Odmeter turned 9050km, Its time for Second service, Other then normal check up's, Oil, filter replacement i have few issues with steering column noise, Very minute noise like krrr krrr from the HU position on a rough road.

May be in a day ro two will update you guys on after service experience.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:28   #92
BHPian

Second Free Service ONGOING

This mornming i have taken my i20 to Apco Service Center in Kasaragod, Luckily my old service center manager incharge is back on duty.I was suppose to get it done either from Mangalore or Bangalore, but due to present road's situation thought of doing it from kasaragod itself.

Manager took a test drive and convinced with the below mentioned complaints:

1) Slight Rattling Noise from steering column
2) Noise from Dash Board Wrack (i must say from the HU)
3) A/C cooling issue in after noon time (ECM Re Programming)
4) Requested for a ECU Rubber cover
5) Enquired about Auto Locking at 40km/hr speed, He was not aware of that so i suggested him to go through the Gscan thing or Speak to any other Branches and get it done for me. He said he will do the best. Let's see in the evening what he is going to do.

Apart from this complaints, Engine oil, Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Air Filter will be replaced and Approx 3920 INR will be the charges. Will let you know the breakdown later.
Old 1st October 2010, 21:48   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
This mornming i have taken my i20 to Apco Service Center in Kasaragod, Luckily my old service center manager incharge is back on duty.I was suppose to get it done either from Mangalore or Bangalore, but due to present road's situation thought of doing it from kasaragod itself.

Manager took a test drive and convinced with the below mentioned complaints:

1) Slight Rattling Noise from steering column
2) Noise from Dash Board Wrack (i must say from the HU)
3) A/C cooling issue in after noon time (ECM Re Programming)
4) Requested for a ECU Rubber cover
5) Enquired about Auto Locking at 40km/hr speed, He was not aware of that so i suggested him to go through the Gscan thing or Speak to any other Branches and get it done for me. He said he will do the best. Let's see in the evening what he is going to do.

Apart from this complaints, Engine oil, Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Air Filter will be replaced and Approx 3920 INR will be the charges. Will let you know the breakdown later.

Atlast, Rcvd my uber back after second service by today evening 5pm.

Please find the break down of Second Service Charges:

Engine Oil Crdi - 1058.72
Service Kit oil Filter - 348.39
Filter Catridge - 1765.04
Filter Air Cleaner - 306.39
Bush - Guide Rod - 31.07
VAT 12.5% - 443.26
-----------------------------
Total - INR 3952.87

Wheel Alignment was done from WHEEL BASE Kasaragod @ INR 250
Tyres filled with Nitrogen @ INR 100

- Steering column Noise fixed by placing YOKE PLUG (Not Urethane pad) and YOKE SPRING He said the plug will stop the noise completely and will not re-occur again. (Will wait and See)

Also they used some special white coloured Greesing for the MDPS. Overall Now the steering is Perfect.

- Noise from the Dash Board Also fixed by adjusting some cables from the Head Unit.

- Autolock at 40km/hr speed and Auto Unlock while removing the key from the ignition has been Enabled. Enjoying it...

- ECM Reprogrammed for A/C Perfection Enhancement. (Will check tommorrow afternoon if its the same or any changes ?)

- ECU cover was not in stock, Not only that they said as per circular from the Head Office my Vin number is not included in that list. (Dont know whats the game)

Anyhow so far 98% Satisfied.
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Atlast, Rcvd my uber back after second

- ECU cover was not in stock, Not only that they said as per circular from the Head Office my Vin number is not included in that list. (Dont know whats the game)
After reading about the ECU cover on team-bhp some time back, I too had enquired about it at the workshop during one of the numerous visits to the workshop.

The WM said that in my car it was not required as a sealant to prevent water and dust entering the ECU was already there. He opened up the ECU and showed me the sealant(it was a small white stopper like thing inserted in the ECU). He also said in certain i20s the sealant was not there, hence the ECU cover.

Yoke Plug is possibly the same thing that was installed in my car recently. I was told it is newly designed urethane pad that is different in design from the older urethane pad or yoke spring.
Old 12th December 2010, 22:21   #95
rbp
BHPian

Re: My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof

It has been a long long time since I updated this thread, my baby’s completed her first birthday last month, she has clocked 15,200 kms, off late I have been driving her less as my kid has come back to Bangalore. So the big question is how is the car doing? What all accessories got added to it? Issues?
Well, the car has been pretty good throughout the journey except that engine malfunction issue, which keeps on popping out once in a while, you never know when it happens, but it happens, the solution to the issue is, switch the engine off and turn it back on again and the problem vanishes. Couple of weeks back I just casually complained to Hyundai by sending a mail, with in a couple of hours my mobile started ringing, had calls from Hyundai Delhi[some manager], the local dealer called. They asked me to bring the car for checkup, finally after a week took the car to the dealer they could not figure out anything, they checked and cleaned the Diesel tank, checked all the wiring. This problem is a tricky issue, it just happens once in a while and the G-Scan tool cannot spot anything once the engine is restarted. So the next time this issue repeats, I have to keep the car running and take it to the dealer. The dealer also added some Diesel additive [free] in the diesel tank, so that the fuel burns better. So this has been the only niggling issue in my car for the whole year.
I am sure all you guys must be surprised, how come I am not complaining about the steering column rattling issue, well I have felt it only once, after that the sound has vanished, I haven’t heard it again. So let me summarise the +ve’, -ve’s and things to do.

+ve’s

1. The engine is a little noisy and vibey when cold started, once it warms it gets better, once above 1000 revs it is unbelievably smooth. If you look under the engine bonnet, almost all diesel cars that I have seen use some damping material, which Hyundai has not used for this car, I wonder how smooth it would have been had they used it. This engine is a mile muncher on the highways, it is smooth from 1K revvs to 3K revvs, above that engine sound gets a little audible. It is best to keep the engine below 3K revvs and enjoy the drive. At 3K the engine does 140kmph.
2. Obviously all the goodies.
3. The car ride quality is way better when fully loaded with people, with me alone, it feels a little bouncy.
4. The car stereo is way better than what the competition provides.
5. At least my car has no steering rattles.
6. A big thumbs up to Hyundai at least they listen to you.

-ve’s
1. I would still reserve my verdict on the AC performance, hence I am putting it in the negative, true test arrives in summer, I believe Hyundai were very cunning in providing the so called AC fix, after the summer had just passed, with this they have shut peoples mouth for 10 more months.
2. Lifeless steering, good for city only. I can live with poor ride quality but the steering feedback is the worst in this car. Even the santro steering feedback is better than this cars. Another problem is the steering keeps pulling towards the left, It just cannot go in a straight line.
3. The rear view mirrors coverage is very poor, they don’t provide enough coverage. The best I have used so far is that of Innova’s, I don’t need to adjust anything in Innova, where as in my car, I need to keep fiddling around with the mirror adjustment buttons. Thank god it has the electric ones.
4. The doors no longer give that solid feel , they are back to Hyundai levels.

Things to add
1. Seat covers, I need to get them ASAP.
2. By the way I got the Britax child seat, cost 11.5K [Thanks to Wildon on advising me to get this model], initially my son used to hate it, now he knows the seat is his place and he loves sleeping in it. An advice to all parents, get this seat . I did check other seats, but the quality of cushion and material was poor, this one has a nice quality feel to it.

3rd Free Service

I got the 3rd free service done today, the car had done 6.5K kms after the second service, hence I had it done a month late. What were the issues this time then.
1) Steering pulling towards the left.
2) The front bumper rubber protector had come off.
3) The front two doors on shutting weren’t giving the thud sound.
4) Engine very noise at around 1000 rpm, probably due to old oil, I had used Mobil Delvac MX during the previous change.
The car was returned around 4 PM today. Following is the bill breakup
1) Distilled water 5.20 Rs
2) Consumables 110 Rs.
3) Wheel weights Clip on 268.81 Rs.
4) Hyundai Coolant 42.28 Rs.
5) Material AC Foam Cleaner 387.53 Rs.
6) Summer WindScreen Cleaner 70.48 Rs.
7) Filter Cartridge 888.49 Rs.
8) Service kit oil-filter 345.73 Rs.

Labour price

1) 3M AC Cleaning 93.00 Rs
2) Wheel balancing 350/-
3) Wheel Alignment 355/-
Total Cost :- 3630 /-
Total Cost + Oil :- 4730/-
This time I brought Shell HX6 Diesel engine oil[5.5 ltrs can] paid 1100 bucks for it.
The total servicing amount of 3630k for a free service is just too high, on the other hand my brothers Fortuner’s free service bill was 2500/- which included the oil cost, shocking indeed, all talk abt Hyundai’s being low on maintenance is BS.
After the oil change the engine noise vibration has gone down considerably. I also got the ECU update for the AC done, this along with the AC cleaning seems to have improved the AC performance, by how big a margin? No idea, will have to wait for the scorching summers.

Finally Mileage kitna deti hai
My usual way of driving the car is to floor the throttle, due to this my mileage used to be around 15 to 16 kmpl even on the highways. During my last highway ride, I decided to be gentle on the throttle, no flooring the throttle, gradually get up to speeds and maintain the rpm below 2.5K, that is speeds in range of 100 to 120. With ocassional bursts to 150. This was with lots of luggage and 4 to 6 people in the car and with AC on ocassionally. I managed to extract 705 kms from 34 litres of fuel. So on a full tank the car should do close to 900kms. That worked out to 20.6 kmpl. I was shocked when I calculated the FE. I am confident of extracting more with less people and keeping engine at 2K revvs.

So that's it guys.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th December 2010 at 02:40. Reason: Please stick to the 2-smileys-per-post rule. Thanks.
Old 13th December 2010, 14:52   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally you saved up some time to update the thread. You seem to be busy with the little boy.

By the way are you planning to upgrade the wheels & Tyres?
Old 13th December 2010, 21:57   #97
BHPian

Even i feel the car bouncing when i m alone in the car. I up the pressure in the tires to 33psi and that makes the car more stable.
Old 27th January 2011, 12:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
It has been a long long time since I updated this thread, my baby’s completed her first birthday last month, she has clocked 15,200 kms, off late I have been driving her less as my kid has come back to Bangalore. So the big question is how is the car doing? What all accessories got added to it? Issues?

Hi please let me know what is the 3m ac Cleaning thing ? Is that something they clean the ac vents or something ? need to remove dash boards ? Am asking this because every morning when i start my AC i use to get a bad smell of dust at first then turns to normal later on. May be this cleaning will help me to solve the issue ?

Regarding FE am too very much happy with my Crdi Asta, touched 295 kms in 13.9 lts.

Last edited by bblost : 13th March 2011 at 09:40. Reason: Avoid quoting full posts. Thanks.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:58   #99
rbp
BHPian

@webblescott:- Yes! They are for cleaning the AC vents. I don't think the dashboard needs to be removed, just the front AC vents have to be removed. One good thing is I don't get the foul AC smell that you are talking about any more.
Old 12th March 2011, 02:03   #100
BHPian

@RBP- Was there any run-in period which you had to do for the first 1000kms?
Old 12th March 2011, 14:07   #101
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroholic1 View Post
@RBP- Was there any run-in period which you had to do for the first 1000kms?
Nothing specific is mentioned in the manual, make sure that you keep the revvs below 2500 rpm. At 2500 it does 120 kmph. After 1000 kms I got the engine oil changed, inspite of the service guys and manual saying not needed.

Here is an AC update.

Had been to Mysore this weekend, I was shocked by the heat in Mysore, but more shocking was the i20's AC cooling prowess inspite of Hyundai's so called AC fix, Mysore was blazing hot with temps reaching 35+, and the shity AC in the car was as bad as it can get, the AC set to full blast, recirculation mode and the blowers screaming their lungs out, all it felt was as if there was a blower with tiny fans put into it, my wife at the back was cursing me and my kid was crying non stop unable to bear the heat.
Hyundai was cunning in highlighting its AC fix in all major news papers during the rainy season, the summers are gonna expose your lie. *Hyundai is a CHEAT*, I am gonna take the car to the dealer and give the dealer a mouthfull, I want to talk to some one in Hyundai, Hyundai this is my last car from your stable I will never ever buy a Hyundai again.

PS:- My cars AC was recently serviced and the so called AC fix was also in it.

Note :- People looking out to buy an i20, I would advice you to stay away from it, there are other better cars in the market.

Last edited by rbp : 12th March 2011 at 14:09.
Old 12th March 2011, 15:01   #102
Senior - BHPian

^^ I cannot believe the sheer number of complains people are making against this car. And still there is no mention of this issue in media.
Is our media totally sold out to corporate world?

Time to change the title of the thread rbp??
Old 12th March 2011, 15:17   #103
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
^^ I cannot believe the sheer number of complains people are making against this car. And still there is no mention of this issue in media.
Is our media totally sold out to corporate world?

Time to change the title of the thread rbp??
Well, this is the ownership thread, not sure if it makes sense to change the thread title.

Planning to take the car to the dealer tomorrow, let me see what the dealer cooks this time.

Last edited by rbp : 12th March 2011 at 15:21.
Old 13th March 2011, 09:32   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Raghu. If you feel the AC is poor in the Mysore heat. How about a drive to the Coastal region next weekend to test the AC. I am game, let me know.

We'll try our brains better than Hyundai to get the AC working better.
Old 13th March 2011, 22:40   #105
rbp
BHPian

Had been to the hass today to get the ac checked again. Showed the steering rattle too, the service guy agreed to the issue and bluntly told there is no fix to the issue ( take that Hyundai). I dunno what to say.
Go the AC gas refilled and the ecu was also updated again. I know this isn't going to help, but still got it done.

I am not going to go back again for the steering rattle, too much time is getting wasted running after these guys and on top of it Hyundai themselves dunno how to fix it :(

Last edited by rbp : 13th March 2011 at 22:41.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks