Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:47   #1
BHPian

W211 E270 CDI ... Got it finallly!

Finally got the W211 E270 CDI, a dream since its lanch in 2003.

Single company owned, Full service history at Auto Hanger and further confirmed and documented, 34xxx kms, comprehensive Insurance etc etc. All in all, I doubt I could have done better.

A few specs, which I am sure you'll already know, but to maintain the practice here at T - BHP:

MY June 2004
5 CYL Twin OH Cam 4 Valves /cyl
177 BHP / 425 Nm
AT box tiptronic
SBC Hold/Stop feature.
Active Safety features:
ABS/BAS/ESP/Brake Force Distribution/SBC/Stability Traction Control
Passive safety features:
Dual front airbags, head airbags, side airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners.
Quad-zone climate-control air-conditioning.
Power-operated front seats.
10-speaker stereo with CD stacker.

Will post pics soon.

Link from my C220 CDI thread if anyone is interested: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1612992-post42.html

Last edited by Mohnish : 3rd December 2009 at 10:53.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mohnish. Thats a nice ride and drives like a dream. The car sounds like she is in good shape done low Kms for 5 years. Hope you enjoy her thoroughly and drive safe.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:00   #3
BHPian

congrattss ..

Congrats .. Merc is always a dream car for us .

34000 Kms is very less compared to the number of years its on the road. Assuming the model is 2003 make .

Would you mind revealing the Vitamin M spent on this machinee ?
Newbies like us would get an idea on how much should be saved per year to get one later :-)

cheers
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your Merc ! take good care of her. Do post some pictures of your car.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Congratulations Mohnish....The car sounds like she is in good shape done low Kms for 5 years. Hope you enjoy her thoroughly and drive safe.
Thanks Speedy. Yes the low odo is genuine. I did a bit of research in addition to the service records and Auto Hanger. The company that owned her prior has a number of luxury vehicles and this was sold to accomodate the purchase of the S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Assuming the model is 2003 make ....Would you mind revealing the Vitamin M spent on this machinee ?...
Its 2004 June. Mentioned in first line of my details in intro post.

Price quoted was 22L, bought and booked at 19L with exchanges/payment above involved. So at this point in time if you were to get a really low mileage well maintained etc E270 CDI, I would look around 20L. Anything below that you should seriously wonder why its going low. Its better to pay the premium for quality. Saves you much much more in the long run and also ownership pleasure. No matter what you put in, nothing can restore a badly negected vehicle beyond a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
congrats on your Merc ! take good care of her. Do post some pictures of your car.
Thanks and will do shortly.

Thanks all for the vote of confidence.

Last edited by Mohnish : 3rd December 2009 at 11:37.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:48   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice buy ! Do post pics.

Since the car is well out of warranty, I suggest you get a nice tuning box to tweak up that power, it could well come into E280CDi territory

These boxes have proven to give great reliability and best bang for the buck in performance. Here's a rather inexpensive but proven product: Mercedes Benz E 270 CDI Tuning 177PS Chiptuning +38PS - eBay (item 350286410286 end time Dec-03-09 11:00:05 PST)
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Good buy. Dont bother about price opinions if its a good car. Take care of SBC issues though, check if the problem has been taken care of by autohangar from the service records, these '04s had nagging SBC and Electronic problems.
Good Luck
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mohnish. Great decision. Price is one thing which is relative. If the buyer thinks the price is good enough, then its good enough. As you and Scooby rightly put it, one always has to pay a slight premium for a well maintained, low mileage car. In short when you pay peanuts, you generally get Monkeys only.

Enjoy your Torque machine. Its power packed and is a sucker for being driven hard. You will love the whiplash when you floor it. One piece of advice. Have a good look at the tyres. As it is a low mileage car it should have the OE tyres still. That means if its a 2003, the tyres are six years old, enough age for any tyre to be changed. If you have any doubt, change at least the four you will be running her in. Trust me thats the least one can do for safety. Have fun, drive safe and post some pics.

P.S. Looking for one myself
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nice buy ! Do post pics.

Since the car is well out of warranty, I suggest you get a nice tuning box to tweak up that power, it could well come into E280CDi territory

These boxes have proven to give great reliability and best bang for the buck in performance. Here's a rather inexpensive but proven product: Mercedes Benz E 270 CDI Tuning 177PS Chiptuning +38PS - eBay (item 350286410286 end time Dec-03-09 11:00:05 PST)
Sahil the 270 is nore than adequate for me right now, besides with the electronic gremlins I had with a previousa W210 E220 CDI, I realy do not want to fidget. Besides since Auto Hager will continue the maintainence I would rather keep things stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Good buy. Dont bother about price opinions if its a good car. Take care of SBC issues though, check if the problem has been taken care of by autohangar from the service records, these '04s had nagging SBC and Electronic problems.
Good Luck
Oh yeah, I am well aware of the electronics of the W210s and have heard of the earlyu 211s, however have confirmed a full servie history along with repairs TSB recalls etc. on the phone with Auto Hanger verbally and will soon follow up with the complete writtten history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats Mohnish. Great decision. Price is one thing which is relative. If the buyer thinks the price is good enough, then its good enough. As you and Scooby rightly put it, one always has to pay a slight premium for a well maintained, low mileage car. In short when you pay peanuts, you generally get Monkeys only.

Enjoy your Torque machine. Its power packed and is a sucker for being driven hard. You will love the whiplash when you floor it. One piece of advice. Have a good look at the tyres. As it is a low mileage car it should have the OE tyres still. That means if its a 2003, the tyres are six years old, enough age for any tyre to be changed. If you have any doubt, change at least the four you will be running her in. Trust me thats the least one can do for safety. Have fun, drive safe and post some pics.

P.S. Looking for one myself
Couldn't agree more more with all you said hence retained your quote unedited. Hope you get yours soon, better still maybe a 280 or 320? About the tyres, they are in very good shape and had checked the manufacture year. All ok. However, I had recently (a month ago) got a set of Michelin Primacy LC 225/55/16 whic I put in place of the original Good Years.

Last edited by Mohnish : 3rd December 2009 at 17:37.
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:41   #10
BHPian

i have a very good memory of an e class and how i was "wowed" by it! nothing grand but!! here goes,

i was in my friends car in the outskirts of the city when suddenly this merc e class E280 CDI came in front of us! and joined the road all i could think about was the really the wide tyres and sexy twin exhaust! it was all black and quite big well you don't feel the size until its in your face!! so anyways, when the traffic cleared it accelerated like anything!! i was amazed by the looks of it! and the pulling power ! i used to think its was just another merc but it had a lasting impression on me after that i was like " damn, dude thats a merc"!!

oh almost forgot congratulations on your priced possession !!

Last edited by Caramelo : 3rd December 2009 at 22:45.
Old 4th December 2009, 00:19   #11
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride Mohnish,
This one is a head turner for sure.
Do post some pics ASAP!
Old 4th December 2009, 01:20   #12
BANNED

i think you bought the silver one from sai service right ? i did see that car when it was being painted. now i remember.
Old 4th December 2009, 03:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Good Luck
what year did they lose the SBC. was it at the same time the 280 V6 was launched?
Old 4th December 2009, 07:15   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i think you bought the silver one from sai service right ? i did see that car when it was being painted. now i remember.
Absolutely right . And what makes you conclude that is the pm exchange between us. Not much to deduce Dr. Watson ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
what year did they lose the SBC. was it at the same time the 280 V6 was launched?
2006 with the face lift.

Last edited by Mohnish : 4th December 2009 at 07:22.
Old 4th December 2009, 09:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrtulations !! Unless the 280CDI which is supposed to be a comparitively relaxed drive, I've heard this one really flies on kickdown. Enjoy the Star !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks