Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:48   #1
BHPian

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)

Yes, it was my dream for more than 5 years to become a proud owner of a scorpio and now the time has come. On last Sunday I took the delivery of my Refreshed Mhawk SLE (Black) 8-seater.

The vehicle was booked on Nov 2nd and I have kept you all informed in the "booked my car" thread.

Color selection: We did not have much options in this variant. The two colors which were in race were white and Black with silver cladding. My family did not like the white, hence opted the black one.

Booking Experience: The vehicle was booked at TVS&Sons Trivandrum. We had some contacts over there. The sales person was so friendly and was very happy to help us with all our requirements.

Offers/Freebies: We were told by the sales person that scorpio does not come with any freebies as it is a fast moving vehicle (we know it already when we look at the sales data for the past few months). Also, we did not have other options like taking vehicle from other dealerships as TVS is the only dealer for Mahindra vehicles across all Kerala. The sales person said he will try his maximum to provide any benefits to us. Finally, he gave us 5K discount + mats worth 2.5k, scuff plate, and free extended warranty worth 9K.

Delivery Experience: When we booked the vehicle, the dealer said black with silver has got big demand and will take a minimum of 4 weeks for delivery. We said okay and after two weeks paid the complete cash. After that I started calling him in every two days to know the status. Everytime he will say "vehicle has not come yet and I will inform you when I get any clues." I will say "okay, no probs" and then again will call him in 2 days. Days passed and one fine day he informed me that we need to pay the registration and insurance amount as early as possible. I did it on last Monday and he said vehicle can be delivered by Thursday. But again, on Wednesday he calls me and tells me that vehicle did not reach the showroom and will not be able to give it on Thursday. Again on Friday, he informed that vehicle has arrived and he will be able to provide it on either Sunday or Monday. I believe that he might have felt bad himself for delaying the delivery every time that is why he said he can deliver the vehicle on a Sunday when the company is having their holiday.

I went with my family and parents for the delivery.

Driving experience: Should I comment on this? I owned a Maruti Zen before maturing to a SUV, so the difference is huge. I feel like sitting on the top of an elephant or like a king ruling the road. The comfort levels are pretty much high. The seats offer very comfort driving and will not get tired that easily even on a long drive. The middle row seats are okay, however feel that last row could have been made better with a bit more leg space. I opted for 8-seater as my family will go for long trips together and thought of accommodating all of them in a single vehicle.

Accssories: Accessories are fitted at care4cars @ TVM. The list of accessories are as follows:

(1) Pioneer DVD player (DVH 4190)
(2) Speakers: JBL GTO 947 for rear and JBL 5265 for front.
(3) JVC 10" LCD Screen.
(4) Front Bull guard.(Hiker)
(5) Door visor
(6) Floor Lamination
(7) Cool film (Garware)
(8) Reverse Sensors (Xenos)
(9) Seat covers
(10) 2-pipe air horn
(11) Dashboard Light (will illuminate in blue while opening the doors).
(12) Transparent mats.

Pictures: I know putting an ownership review without pics is a crime here . So, please have a look at them below.

My father receiving keys from the sales person.

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2607-copy.jpg

Vehicle in front of the showroom

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2601-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2602-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2603-copy.jpg

Hiker bull guard

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2621-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2622-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2623-copy.jpg

Reverse sensors and mirror

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2611-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2612-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2618-copy.jpg

Pioneer DVD player and JBL speakers in a box

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2617-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2614-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2613-copy.jpg

JVC 10" LCD screen (roof mounted)

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2619-copy.jpg

Seat covers

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2615-copy.jpg
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2620-copy.jpg

Blue dash light (glows while opening any of the doors)

A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black)-img_2616-copy.jpg
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:03   #2
BHPian

Congrats Anoop. Black looks awesome. Any plans of tyre upgrade and alloys?

What is the OTR price and accessories cost?

Seat cover fitting doesn't look proper in one of the pics.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the mHawk and thanks for doing justification to the post by adding pics!

Please do share the cost of accessories, OTR etc as Mission Safari has already requested.

Drive Safe.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Congrats Anoop. Black looks awesome. Any plans of tyre upgrade and alloys?
Thanks M_S...
As of now, none. Budget problem

It costed 9.17 L OTR and 50K for accessories including all fittings.

with the seat covers. I will check and will rectify it with the help of the guy who fitted it.

Last edited by Anoop RD : 3rd December 2009 at 20:15.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:15   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Anoop congratulations and welcome to the Scorpio(n)s family.Lovely one, especially the colour combination.Having owned one for seven months now must say assertively that its the BEST!
All those tallboys look like toyboys(or is it gals?) and it feels great to be behind the wheels.
You're lucky to get those freebies with the Scorp.I regret that I couldn't get any as the New Refreshed Scorp was just launched when I got mine in April and M&M were not giving any freebies.But the regrets got nullified instantly as I was one of the early, refreshed owners.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd December 2009 at 20:18.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:54   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations!! Anoop , Good Choice, I feel Scorpio looks best in black and SLE is the best Variant.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

I don't see Raj reply in this thread.ANyway congrats on your new BEAST. Treat it well and it will take you to your dreams without any problem
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. The car looks great. It would be great if you can share the cost of accessories (split across various accessories).

I thought Black Scorp comes only with "allure black" interiors. Didn't realize that Black also comes with Beige interiors. Nice combo!

Last edited by hondadude : 3rd December 2009 at 23:05.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

congratulations.What else then the beast in black shade.Can you post the detailed price info on your accessory list.Keep updating and enjoy your ride.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:11   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

very nice! all the best!
i like that Xtreme Nudge Guard in front!
cheers
Old 4th December 2009, 14:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

A dream coming true, well mine is still in little far away

Congrats on achieving your dream. Very good buy. color looks good. Very good job with adding the pics in the first post.

I liked the accessories you got fitted, I guess these all are done by dealers themselves.

Was there something about the mirror that I missed ?

Last edited by tanwaramit : 4th December 2009 at 14:34.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:33   #12
BHPian

Congratulations!!! Very nice pics - hope to see more great photos in the Travelogues section now that you have an awesome ride

Regards,
Amit.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Scorpio! It looks stunning in black. It's one hell of an upgrade to move from a Zen to a Scorpio.Wishing you many miles of happy driving with the black beauty.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:27   #14
BHPian

Congratulations for the new beast!! and blue light illumination is looking very cool!!
Old 4th December 2009, 15:32   #15
BANNED

Congrats on the truck. Nothing beats a black vehicle and black combined with silver, thats a killing combo.

One question that I had. While fitting the DVD player, do they drill holes in the roof or the lining? Also, this "dashboard light" does it light up all 4 footwells or just the driver side? The cost as well and the make.

Most Viewed