Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 11:45   #16
BHPian

here are a few pics of the interiors guys please do comment on it.
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03161.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03163.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03169.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03171.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03172.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03175.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03176.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03203.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03187.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th December 2009, 14:38   #17
BHPian

I have sent mails to mahindra marketing & customer care to get a confirmation on the side impact beams on Xylo doors. You know what I just get a deafening silence from Mahindra. Given Mahindra's strong propaganda marketing on its brands, I interpret the silence of them to non availability of basic safety feature side impact beam in Xylo.

When I asked Mahindra on possibility of Scorpio SLE variant with A/T in the coming 6 months, with in hours I got a reply mentioning they don't have plans for such variant in near future.

It will be great if Mahindra launches a Xylo ABS with A/T variant in the next 6 to 12 months.

It will be interesting to see how and what impact the better built, better featured Tata Xover can make the MUV segment players Toyota, GM and mahindra to offer to customer.

Sorry for being a bit OT
Old 7th December 2009, 15:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

rocky, one thing is for sure, it has loads of space for passengers which would give them very relaxed journey.Few plactic quality has been its issues but with the given price things goes well with Xylo.
Old 8th December 2009, 13:45   #19
BHPian

xylo E8 ABS at silent valley

pictures of my black xylo E8 ABS,
Rocky- i guess, we should start a thread for all xylo owners to post their xylo pictures and discuss xylo performance related issues, i have a "Grrrr.." noise from the engine bay when i accelerate hard, this was diagnosed as a problem with all the first batch xylos, upto July, this is due to a problem with the EGR Value and this will get replaced free of cost if you have any issues with the engine sound. My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-picture-053.jpg

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-picture-055.jpg
Old 8th December 2009, 17:47   #20
BHPian

hi sijil.karim now that you mention it, I do have a funny "grrr" noise i get when i accelerate hard(like as if a nut or bolt is loose from somewhere near the overhead intercooler). But this only happens to me in the morning when the engine is cold. Is this the problem you were facing too? If so please let me know, what you got replaced or fixed? And I think it’s a great idea to start the new thread as you suggested. Would you like to do the honors of starting the new thread ?

And mods please do give us some inputs on making this new thread helpful to all who read it. I did search the forum for such a topic but it is all individual experiences and discussions nothing as a collection to discuss problems faced or performance related issues faced. Do you think it’s a good idea or would it just add to the clutter already created with so many topics about xylo on the forum. or is there a way to put together all such topics together which are already on the forum.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:51   #21
BHPian

nice pictures by the way sijil.karim. your car looks cool. Don't you feel the xylo abs should have some sort of a badge to differentiate it from the non ABS E8 version.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
nice pictures by the way sijil.karim. your car looks cool. Don't you feel the xylo abs should have some sort of a badge to differentiate it from the non ABS E8 version.
YOUR XYLO LOOKS VERY VERY NICE . I am too a xylo lover and have recommended at my home for the next buy new year but my dad rubbishes it by saying that there is nothing better than innova. What say??
Old 14th December 2009, 20:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
YOUR XYLO LOOKS VERY VERY NICE . I am too a xylo lover and have recommended at my home for the next buy new year but my dad rubbishes it by saying that there is nothing better than innova. What say??

hi carmaster nice to know you’re a xylo fan too. If you have lots of money to blow I would say go for the innova. I am a middle class guy who looks for value for money hence my decision.

I would suggest you to ask your dad to test drive both before making his decision. Innova is a good buy but it seemed very expensive to me. I got my top end xylo for 9.67 lacs and a similarly priced innova didn't even have power steering or power windows(you get base model in bangalore for that price).

There is a new xylo which is being launched shortly with airbags as well, so all the safety aspect has been taken care of. And about the engine and ride quality, I would challenge any innova owner for a race anyday.

I just got back from a trip from pondycherry( reason for late reply). I smoked 3 innova on the bangalore-chennai highway they just can't keep up with the xylo. Remember the xylo is more powerful than the innova and also more spacious, the maintainance of innova is also way more expensive as costs of spares are high( you can enquire), the only compromise in the xylo is the quality of platics inside. Good luck convincing your dad.

regards
Rocky
Old 15th December 2009, 22:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
hi carmaster nice to know you’re a xylo fan too. If you have lots of money to blow I would say go for the innova. I am a middle class guy who looks for value for money hence my decision.

I would suggest you to ask your dad to test drive both before making his decision. Innova is a good buy but it seemed very expensive to me. I got my top end xylo for 9.67 lacs and a similarly priced innova didn't even have power steering or power windows(you get base model in bangalore for that price).

There is a new xylo which is being launched shortly with airbags as well, so all the safety aspect has been taken care of. And about the engine and ride quality, I would challenge any innova owner for a race anyday.

I just got back from a trip from pondycherry( reason for late reply). I smoked 3 innova on the bangalore-chennai highway they just can't keep up with the xylo. Remember the xylo is more powerful than the innova and also more spacious, the maintainance of innova is also way more expensive as costs of spares are high( you can enquire), the only compromise in the xylo is the quality of platics inside. Good luck convincing your dad.

regards
Rocky
Hey thanks Rocky i made my dad view whatever you have written. i always myself consider xylo to be more powerful , spacious than innova and what about the plastics ...? just getting them polished regularly would surely help a bit and here in Delhi all cars run with their windows up so no matter of it getting spoilt !.
But as you say that you hear that Grr.. noise mean that it has started to show some problem in driving? or is it fine and just funny noise..? Could you please a detailed review showing pictures with FE service costs Audio upgrades Please..
Regards

Note from mod : Do not use more than 2 smileys per post

Last edited by tsk1979 : 21st December 2009 at 13:40.
Old 16th December 2009, 08:59   #25
BHPian

just read on the internet that that the xylo is now equiped with airbags on the variant with ABS...Cheers for that!
@rocky :do you feel any amount of body roll on highways? It makes the last row seating uncomfortable!
Old 16th December 2009, 15:21   #26
BHPian

Hi guys today was a very sad day for my baby. I took it to a temple in the morning and when i returned some freak had stolen the mahindra logo from the front grill (it looks horrible without the logo) . If i could find the guy who did it i would just beat the guy black and blue . After that i took it to the service station to get the new logo fixed which cost me 180rs. When the mechanic took it inside to fix the logo,there is a ramp in the service station to which the guy bumped my front nudge guard clamp which moved the clamp upward and in turn hit the bumper and scratched the bumper (my advice stay with the car when you leave it for repairs). The mechanic apologized and requested not to inform his superiors. Since it was a small scratch I let it go.

@don carmaster: About the grrr sound that I was getting was just my number plate screw that was loose. I only heard it when I left from my house as my house is located in a very silent locality. The noise went away when I got into traffic because I could not hear it in traffic.

About FE after 1st service I am getting 11.5- 12 in the city without A/c and about 12.5 on the highway (even after driving at over 120kmph throughout on my last pondy trip with on and off A/c condition).

It cost me about 1500rs for my first service which included the change of 6.5 ltr(1207rs) of engine oil and the oil filter(134rs)+tax(167rs).

About the audio system I threw away the OE nippon HU that comes with the car a week after I got delivery of the vehicle. I now have a pioneer 2-din system mp3 player. The USB and Ipod connectivity are located in the glove box (cost 11,500rs). I have the JBL GT series 4 channel amplifier (cost 6500rs). I have the JBL component speakers in the front and back (cost of each pair 6000rs). Pioneer 12” 1400 watts Sub woofer (cost 6500). The wiring kit cost about another 1100rs. All in all about 39000rs with labour etc.

There is some amount of body roll but it does not affect the comfort in the third row as the ride is not bouncy( like in the old scorpio) . I do feel that the back support should have been a little more reclined towards the back (my friends tend to sleep leaning on the mid row seats when they sit in the third row) but they all praise the leg room in the third row.

Regards
Rocky

P.S: attaching the pictures of the scratch on the bumper and the logo that was replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03359.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03362.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 16th December 2009, 19:30   #27
BHPian

Nice review and pictures . That person stole your logo in front of a TEMPLE! freaking hell!
And finally you have your first scratch!!
The FE you getting is quite nice as for driving at 120kmph on the highway takes the toll on the FE
Your speaker system is truly nice what did you do with the Nippon one sold it or still have it ??
Old 16th December 2009, 21:22   #28
BHPian

hey don carmaster sorry to burst your bubble, but this was my first scratch on the front i already had a scratch on the rear when a foolish 2 wheeler bumped into the rear foot board as you can see in one of my earlier pics(that's bangalore traffic for you).
I bought a bottle of spray paint and touched it up (though its not a perfect match of colors). If you see the pic which shows the rear of my car with the sub woofer, you can see it a little below and left of the middle parking sensor.I should do the same in the front now.

And i still cant believe that vandals don't even spare vehicles parked in temples .
Old 17th December 2009, 13:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
hey don carmaster sorry to burst your bubble, but this was my first scratch on the front i already had a scratch on the rear when a foolish 2 wheeler bumped into the rear foot board as you can see in one of my earlier pics(that's bangalore traffic for you).
I bought a bottle of spray paint and touched it up (though its not a perfect match of colors). If you see the pic which shows the rear of my car with the sub woofer, you can see it a little below and left of the middle parking sensor.I should do the same in the front now.

And i still cant believe that vandals don't even spare vehicles parked in temples .
The rear scratch is not very eminent (may be because you have touched up!!) I realized only when you mentioned it! so get ready for another touch up!
What about the Nippon music sys ?
Delhi's traffic is even worse .... in my colony a few years ago a person who had bought a brand new indica and after taking delivery on way back home a truck smashed the car from the left side !!(poor guy)! i saw the broken car lying in the street for some days ..... and then that person shifted from here!
how many km clocked till now??
Old 17th December 2009, 17:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
The rear scratch is not very eminent (may be because you have touched up!!) I realized only when you mentioned it! so get ready for another touch up!
What about the Nippon music sys ?
Delhi's traffic is even worse .... in my colony a few years ago a person who had bought a brand new indica and after taking delivery on way back home a truck smashed the car from the left side !!(poor guy)! i saw the broken car lying in the street for some days ..... and then that person shifted from here!
how many km clocked till now??
Hey don carmaster i am going out of station for a couple of days and will try touch it up when i get back.

I still have that nippon system with the set of four useless speakers that came with the car. Nobody was willing to buy that, I even tried to sell it to the accessory shop guy from whom i bought the pioneer system but he wouldn't take it.( The system is not entirely a true 2-din system only the outer face plate that's visible is 2-din inside its just like a normal single cd changer)

Till date i have clocked up 5950kms in two and a half months and planning on another long trip when i get back . When are you planning to buy your new car. And what has your dad decided? were you able to convince him?

Regards
Rocky

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks