Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:45   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
... 2 paisa gyan

P.s: Just my observation, the engine in the Bolero passes on an enormous amount of vibration whereas in the Xylo it cannot be heard also. Wonder why couldn't the engine and body mountings coundn't be changed

Cheers
Thanks for the gyan milecruncher. Hey isn't the XD3P block used on the MM550 ? Which other m&m vehicles use this same block ?

P.S: Maybe bolero crde uses the same block and to reduce costs the NVH reducing factors must have been compromised(Bolero crde costs about 20,000 or so less than the E4 Xylo)

Regards
Rocky
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Thanks for the gyan milecruncher. Hey isn't the XD3P block used on the MM550 ? Which other m&m vehicles use this same block ?
The XD3P whole engine is still used in the 550 as well as the Bolero 4X4. It is an old Peugeot Engine which just keeps going on and on and is actually one of the most rugged engines in the Mahindra Stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
P.S: Maybe bolero crde uses the same block and to reduce costs the NVH reducing factors must have been compromised(Bolero crde costs about 20,000 or so less than the E4 Xylo)

Regards
Rocky
There is nothing to reduce cost on Bolero. If you do feature to feature comparision between the Xylo E4 and Bolero VLX, the latter is a distant loser. And with Bolero having had recouped all its sunk/development/fixed costs, I'm definitely sure M&M could have done better equipment levels or reduced the price further but has decided to milk the customer.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:20   #63
BHPian

So my info of the meagle being developed on the 2.6crde was incorrect!... But this was what i had heard in many mags!!
Anyways i recently checked with the dealer and they are currently providing MAHINDRA XYLO E8 ABS AIRBAGS (phew!!) at 8,38,460 ex-showroom( but wait is till mid JAN) and due to the end of the year they are providing discounts of 50k!! quite a nice deal!!
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
So my info of the meagle being developed on the 2.6crde was incorrect!... But this was what i had heard in many mags!!
Anyways i recently checked with the dealer and they are currently providing MAHINDRA XYLO E8 ABS AIRBAGS (phew!!) at 8,38,460 ex-showroom( but wait is till mid JAN) and due to the end of the year they are providing discounts of 50k!! quite a nice deal!!
Hey Don carmaster if you consider 8,38,460 ex- showroom(delhi i suppose) the innova top end model which is the only one which has the airbags(i may be wrong) costs 11,24,453 ex-showroom in bangalore. Just look at the price difference!! good luck deciding between xylo and innova

Regards
Rocky
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:38   #65
BHPian

Hi folks,
Yesterday my dad made me td the innova again ....! It was quite nice but still i am hands down on xylo.... The test drive model was innova v . i took it to NH24 and drove around 2km . Its a nice car but the innova v model is the one which is acceptable with the amount of features it provides, but still the xylo cabin looks much more better than the innova!(not considering the quality of the plastics used). I took the MPV at around 120 and it was not very stable at that speed ....
I must say that the 0-80 is very smooth and quick but its that 80 above that the engine loses its swiftness and takes time to reach the 120 mark..... Talking about the interiors the quality , fit and finish is just superb but again the music provided is not that superb! and has no aux, or usb input ,the sound quality is below average.The reverse parking sensors are not very accurate and the beeping is not even audible if you have the windows open..then i told the sales person that we are comparing the xylo to the innova and the first thing he replied was that "Bhaiya the innova has a lot more space than the xylo" and i was shocked ...then he told me that the service cost of innova is comparable to the M800, and the next thing i thought was that it is useless to talk to him. Then we took the rounds of the TD vehicle and found rust on the chrome plating in the front grille !! And i didnt point it out to the salesman to save from any silly answers! . It was a nice experience ...Now i am trying to push my Dad to have a test of the xylo agian!!!!
Regards,
Sahil
Old 24th December 2009, 00:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks,
.....have a test of the xylo agian!!!!
Regards,
Sahil
Hey don carmaster its really funny that the sales person told you that the service cost of the innova is comparable to a M800. I also own a 1987 M800 and it is very well maintained and i can assure you that the money i have spent on it's service in the last year will not even buy you the oil and oil filter for the innova for one service, just ask them to show reciept of some serviced vehicle you will know what i am talking about.

These sales people don't know half of what they utter from their mouths all they want to do is meet their monthly targets .
I had a similar situation at the toyota dealer when i looking for a vehicle before i bought the xylo. I first visited the mahindra showroom picked up the Xylo brochure and then asked for the TD the guy their politely told me to come tomorrow as the td vehicle had gone out for TD some place else. Then i walked into the innova showroon, this nicely uniformed sales lady came up to me showed me around the car and then i asked her regarding the engine, mileage etc.. then i asked her about the price and why was it more expensive than the xylo ? first she told that the innova is from a international manufacturer, then that the xylo was a failure vehicle and that the engine was less powered than the xylo(i had read the xylo brochure) so i asked her what was the bhp on the innova she told 102bhp i told her the xylo was 112 bhp she told me its not possible so i went into my car and brought the xylo brochure and showed it to her she told that the company was lying and that it was false and that they were trying to sell the failed vehicle for less money so xylo is cheaper than the innova. After hearing all the crap she spoke i thought to myself if these guys lie some much now what will happen once i buy their vehicle? cant they for once be true while selling a vehicle.Then i took the TD which did not impress me much so i made my decision.

Regards
rocky
Old 25th December 2009, 11:54   #67
BHPian

Hey rocky,
My dad has a new debate these days , He is saying that ingress and egress is a tad more difficult in the xylo than in the innova ...Is that true??
Could you please post some pics of the side of the car with the door open..?!? and also some shots of the DDAS with its information..?
regards
Old 25th December 2009, 13:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hey rocky,
My dad has a new debate these days , He is saying that ingress and egress is a tad more difficult in the xylo than in the innova ...Is that true??
Could you please post some pics of the side of the car with the door open..?!? and also some shots of the DDAS with its information..?
regards
Hey don carmaster i would have to agree with your dad on this, ingress and egress is a tad bit difficult than the Innova (especially for aged people) it does have a foot board that helps. But looking on the positive side you get more ground clearance than the Innova. Here are the pics you asked for.

The first two pics are of the door (sorry couldn't take the car out of the shed to take clear pics and hence the bad quality of pics as its dark inside too lazy but hope it helps or let me know i will do it again)the third pic onwards is of the DDAS 1st shows the interior and exterior temperature, time, date and the direction the vehicle is pointing in(compass), 2nd shows the speed and gear selection, 3rd shows the kilometeres run after DDAS odo was reset and distance to empty, 4th is the average speed driven at after ignition was turned on and the instantaneous mileage, last is the wallpaper i believe you can change it when you go for service with a pic of your favorite god or goddess you have a lot of options. And pic of the touch up job done by me.

Regards
Rocky
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03376.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03377.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03382.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03383.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03384.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03385.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03391.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 25th December 2009, 15:28   #69
BHPian

Hey Rocky ,
Thanks for your prompt response .. ya the ground clearance sure helps (as in the case of SS-travellers' relative) . One thing is sure i am not going to show this post to my DAD in any case otherwise i will lose my stance forever!!
In the second pic i can see some equipment what is that??
Touch up job is nice!!
Regards,
Don_carmaster
Old 25th December 2009, 20:15   #70
BHPian

Quote:
In the second pic i can see some equipment what is that??
Regards,
Don_carmaster
Hey don carmaster the equipment you see below the seat is my JBL amplifier.

Regards
Rocky
Old 31st December 2009, 16:55   #71
BHPian

Hey Rocky,
No updates on your car?? How is it going? FE?
Old 3rd January 2010, 09:10   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Rocky,
No updates on your car?? How is it going? FE?
Hey don carmaster sorry could not update as my laptop had gone for some repairs. For the first time since i bought the xylo that i got about 14kmpl on new years eve
(i checked using tankful to tankful method on about 100km of highway and 30km of village road) but i lost some amount of diesel as i had gone on a village road which practically didn't exist and since it was brim full it spilt outside . The only difference in my driving was that i was not feeling well so was not driving as fast as i usually do.

Regards
Rocky
Old 4th January 2010, 16:56   #73
BHPian

hi guys yesterday i suffered my first mechanical problem. The EGR(exhaust gas re..... something) clamp came loose and started making a weird noise(As they told me in the A.S.S). I took it to the service station yesterday and got it fixed they fixed it within half hour. It was working fine yesterday but the same weird noise has started from today morning. I am taking it to the service station tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind for not fixing it properly. will keep you updated on the issue.

Regards
Rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 4th January 2010 at 16:58.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Rocky- The Exhaust Gas recirculation valve (EGR) should not be the problem for the weird noise.
Let me mention that the initial Xylo had the nipple at the back side and the newer Xylo models have a side nipple. Where is the nipple located on your EGR valve?

Also check the hose connecting the inter cooler to the manifold, if this is loose there are chances for the weird noise, something like a broken exhaust pipe noise.

I have change my EGR valve to the latest type now.
Old 5th January 2010, 08:26   #75
BHPian

Hi beejay what do you mean by the nipple on the EGR ? if it means the place where a small rubber pipe is connected then it is on the right side of the valve.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks