Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 12:19   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Oh! rocky thats qiute a nice mileage for8 people and 130 at most of the times!!
Good that the EGR issue has been resolved
Around two months back my dad had travelled to ludhiana in an innova ... there were only three people in the car and with two luggage bags.... They got a mileage of 12!! even though they kept the vehicle below 100
Did you calculate the mileage yourself or from the DDAS??
Hey don carmaster i calculated it myself not the DDAS as far as i know the DDAS was showing a mileage of 9-10kmpl. I calculated by using tank full to tank full method.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:01   #92
BHPian

@KK sitaram ...
Waiting for your thread to start!!!
Old 20th January 2010, 00:08   #93
BHPian

Quote:
@KK sitaram ...
Waiting for your thread to start!!!
Hey don carmaster what happened to your vehicle? when are you going to book/buy one?

Regards
Rocky
Old 20th January 2010, 20:46   #94
BHPian

Hey rocky,

still some time for it!!! around last week of january to first week of February

Regards,
Sahil
Old 28th January 2010, 18:16   #95
BHPian

@KK sitaram
Still awaiting for your thread!!

Regards
Old 10th February 2010, 21:14   #96
BHPian

sorry guys i have not been able to update this thread as i have been traveling a lot on some family matters. my xylo has finally completed it's 10k Kilometers and is due for service this week.
Actually it was due at 10k but is already run 10.5k had to travel a lot on the last trip. It had already run 9.7k when i left on my last trip but did not have enough time to get it serviced.I had a very peculiar problem with the xylo here it goes.

On my way from malpe to kundapur i was almost running out of fuel when i found a small fuel pump on the way so had no other choice but fill it up a little to reach the next major town. I filled the fuel for just 300rs. After filling it i just checked the DDAS for the distance to empty option. but it did not change and remained at 5km to empty. so i had a fight with the petrol pump guy that he had not filled any fuel in the tank. so i got bottle and checked that and asked him to fill it for another 100rs and he did and fuel was flowing in the pipe and so i left. I tried to troubleshoot it myself by switching off the engine, removing the key and inserting it again, i even went to the extent of removing the battery wire from the terminal to reset the DDAS(During all of this mayhem one of my family member complained of experiencing a electric shock on the door.Then even i thought i felt a shock when i tried to open the bonnet to remove the battery wire i don't know whether it was real or the trouble had just messed up my head). So i just drove on but it kept eating my head on the way. Then as i drove on the DDAS reading kept decreasing and finally ended at 0 (--- was what was displayed on the DDAS) but the vehicle kept on driving it did not run out of fuel. i calculated that it should run for another 106 km from the amount of fuel filled. and it did run for another 96km before i found a good COCO fuel pump. so i knew that something was wrong with the DDAS.I filled up the tank and magically the DDAS started working again.

Has anybody else faced such issues or was it just my imagination? Because after that i did not face any issues throughout the trip.

Regards
rocky
Old 10th February 2010, 21:32   #97
BHPian

Hi Rocky I dont think there is any problem with DDAS.In ANHC when the trip meter shows "0 km to empty" the fuel tank has about 10 litres of petrol in reserve.It is done as a precaution for guys like me who fills up at the last moment.At that point even if you fill a few litres there wont be much change in the trip meter.

Enjoy your car.I always dream to drive a Xylo.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:44   #98
BHPian

+1 to Mevtec
@rocky..Mevtec is right, when the fuel is nearing to empty and you fill less than the amount in reserve it does not change on the DDAS ...I have experienced on the td xylo
Generally they keep the fuel in very less amounts and hence the DDAS shows 1-2 km distance to empty..and even if they fill the reading does not show the exact value

and about the shocks, Even i am shocked at that, but how did the person inside the car have it ?? as the door is full of the plastic console and no metal..!!

Do update when you find anything further about this

Regards,
Don_carmaster
Old 11th February 2010, 09:02   #99
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to Mevtec
@rocky..Mevtec is right, when the fuel is nearing to empty and you fill less than the amount in reserve it does not change on the DDAS ...I have experienced on the td xylo
Generally they keep the fuel in very less amounts and hence the DDAS shows 1-2 km distance to empty..and even if they fill the reading does not show the exact value

and about the shocks, Even i am shocked at that, but how did the person inside the car have it ?? as the door is full of the plastic console and no metal..!!

Do update when you find anything further about this

Regards,
Don_carmaster
thanks for the concern guys but my question is even in reserve when you fill it with a little it should increase a little right. i am not sure because this is the first time i have ever gone that close to empty.

@doncarmaster: about the shock it was not on the inside they felt a shock outside on the metal body when they kept their hand out of the window. I thought i felt it when i tried to open the bonnet from outside when the ignition was switched off. I am not sure of whether it happened or my family had made me believe that there was something wrong because after that i did not face any problems. Anyways i am leaving it for servicing on saturday i will ask them to check it when i am there.

hey doncarmaster have you booked your new vehicle as yet ?

Regards
rocky
Old 11th February 2010, 09:46   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
...about the shock it was not on the inside they felt a shock outside on the metal body when they kept their hand out of the window. I thought i felt it when i tried to open the bonnet from outside when the ignition was switched off.
Don't worry about the shock. It's called "static shock", and is a common thing to happen with all cars. Nothing wrong with your car at all.

Read more about it: Static shocks and how to avoid them and some tips to avoid getting shocked here: How to Get out of a Car Without Getting Shocked by Static Electricity - wikiHow

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 11th February 2010 at 09:48.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:44   #101
BHPian

yup it is a static shock all right.
incidentally what i found was that when i had fabric seats on my swift (first month or so) opening doors after a trip was always a very shocking experience. however once i changed to mock leather it was pleasant.
it is just fabric rubbing against another fabric that causes it.
Old 11th February 2010, 13:18   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Don't worry about the shock. It's called "static shock", and is a common thing to happen with all cars. Nothing wrong with your car at all.

Read more about it: Static shocks and how to avoid them and some tips to avoid getting shocked here: How to Get out of a Car Without Getting Shocked by Static Electricity - wikiHow
Thank you ss-traveller sir for the info. i was worried that there was something wrong with the xylo, as i had never faced this problem with my m800(it has leather seats).I think i should probably be thinking of changing the fabric seat covers to leather ones shortly.
Anybody now of a good leather seat cover dealer in bangalore who deals with genuine leather and not rip me off with price and quality of leather?
thank you in advance.

regards
rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 11th February 2010 at 13:19.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:18   #103
BHPian

Static shocks are very Normal. In Kuwait in most KNPC petrol pumps there is sign cautioning the static shock. There are designated locations to discharge the static energy by keeping the full hand palm in the surface.

I have experienced pains while touching the door metal part while getting down for fuel filling and some time I have seen spark coming with sound while my hand touch metal part of the body. Fearing pain I close the door by pushing the window glass.

Your dress, shoe, nylon fabric/carpet ,climate will decide the quantum of static electricity. (more sparky shocks in dry weather I experienced, wet weather will ground the static to earth by faster conduction)

Rubbing on new carpet, with plastic soled shoe with synthetic fabric dress one can generate up to 7 to 10KV and hence the spark while touching metal part as it gets discharged. (Remember the Faradays magnetic laws of rubbing a plastic comb on silk fabric and touch pieces of papers the papers will stick to the comb)

Never open the fuel tank lid without discharging static energy as in petrol cars the chances of the fuel fumes that comes out from the tank will get ignited resulting in fire.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:51   #104
BHPian

@off roadie @ harimakesh thank you for the info. Is there any other method to get rid of the static in cars other than to put your hand on the door before getting down. Because its kind of hard to remember it every time on long trips and the thought of fire due to a spark is kind of unnerving. maybe something like drag a metal wire connected to the body underneath to sort of act as a grounding wire.

regards
rocky
Old 14th February 2010, 10:34   #105
BHPian

speed testing on NICE road bangalore

hi guys this a few pics of the speed test i did on nice road in bangalore. i reached a top speed of 178KMPH on a slight slope but could not take a photo as my phone jammed before i could take a photo. The last photo i took is when it was at 161kmph which was on a flat surface. enjoy

sorry about the quality of the camera pics as it was taken at night.

regards
rocky
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-08022010124.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-08022010125.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-08022010126.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-08022010127.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks