Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:46   #1
BHPian

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS

Hi everyone,
I would like to introduce to you my latest acquisition, The Mahindra xylo E8. I got delivery of it on the 1st of October 2009. I just got the first service done on 21/11 at 5024km. So far it has done 5300km and my experience with it has been great. I was a little apprehensive at first while buying, then while searching through the forum I came across a topic Mahindra xylo or Toyota innova. Based on all the reviews I read there I made my decision after taking a test drive. I will have to disagree with some of the fellow bhpians that the xylo is horrible in its drivability though I agree it is not as good as the innova but I am comfortable going around turns at 90+kmph which is what I would consider safe for any vehicle let alone an mpv. And about the looks I absolutely love it. I’ll let you guys decide from the pictures of my baby. About the engine I am able to outrun any innova on the highway; I have achieved a max speed of 160kmph on NICE road in Bangalore. The one let down in xylo is the quality of plastics, but for the price you need to make some compromises. The brakes are awesome as my baby is equipped with ABS. overall I am completely satisfied with it. I am currently getting fuel efficiency of around 11 in city and 12.3 on highways I expect it to increase after the second service. I have tricked out my baby with a pioneer 2-din system with JBL component speakers in the front and back, a 4 way JBL amplifier and a 1400watts pioneer Sub-Woofer (I love my music loud). Planning on getting a pair of Hella Fog Lamps fitted on the front nudge guard soon. Do let me know what you think of my baby?
Regard,
rocky
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03054.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03038.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2009, 23:56   #2
BHPian

Hi rocky . congratulations on your zylo. it is looking great and the pic (first one) is great too with the misty weather. Its great to know that you are happy with your car and definitely more than the quality of plastics what matters is the performance and handling and since you are happy with its worth its price.

90 kmph on turns without any sweat is actually very good - and speaks well for a mpv. No wonder, M&Ms sales have zoomed and xylo too would be selling in good nos.
Wishing you many happy mile-years ahead. do keep us posted as I am sure many potential buyers would benefit from your feedback and ownership experience on the forum. Please, post some more pics of the car as well as interiors.
Old 4th December 2009, 00:12   #3
BHPian

Hey rocky080, congratulations on your new ride.
Xylo sure looks nice in white.
Do post some more pics.
Any exterior mod jobs, alloys in pipeline?
Old 4th December 2009, 10:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude. Superb snaps. your baby really is a CUTE BEAST. Man you have closked 5k kms in just 2 month. Where are you driving i to cover thatr much distance.I see that this was your first post. so congrats and welcome to the forum. Nice way to start the thread.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:43   #5
BHPian

Nice pics, you've got there !!!!!!!! And where is this place ??????? I thought ,Banglore had only smog, no mist???!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways great pics!!!!!! There have been reports that the brakes tend to grab especially when the engine is cold, do you encounter any such problems??? i'm waiting for the Tata Indicruz before taking a decision for an MUV.

HAPPY MOTORING !!!!!
Old 4th December 2009, 11:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

1) The car is nothing but a white beast. The car is quite big and on the road is nothing short of a beast considering the amount of small cars we have in India.

2) Did you TD Innova and Xylo both ? How was Innova w.r.t. handling ? Was Xylo too far behind ?

My father is keen on Innova and seliing off baleno. I tried brainwashing, but guess what, its next to impossible to fool your parents ( specially mom ). I am trying to convince him for Xylo, but read somewhere that Xylo does not have side impact beams. Is this true ?
Old 4th December 2009, 12:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

nice introductory pics. The car is amazing with good interiors space. Do share snaps of your ICE.

No doubt this is one hell lot of VFM product from Mahindra in that space. Looks wise may not be stealer, but that even Scorpio isnt looks wise, but in the end a good product is the one thats matters.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

rocky, congratulations on your white beast, looks nice.Do share some of my queries:
1.did you Td innova as well, and what was the difference in both these vehicles you found, anything else then price ticked you for xylo.
2.Have heard many people complaining about body roll, your say on it
3.Dealer experience, deal offered, on road price you paid.
4.Bull Guard, is it for xylo made,like havent seen one in market yet for xylo,more clearer picture of it

FE is good and would surely improve.Hope mahindra also improves plastic quality as well in coming years.Any other mods planned?
Old 4th December 2009, 12:26   #9
BHPian

Hi Rocky,

Congrats on your new buy, She looks gorgeous, what finally matters is that you feel that you have made the right choice. As long as she performs upto your expectations she is the best one for you.

Take care of her nicely and she will serve you for years. Please do upload some snaps of interiors and awaiting a detailed onwership report. Congrats once again
Old 4th December 2009, 12:33   #10
BHPian

me too

Hi rocky,

am also a xylo E8 ABS owner, but have a black one, have done 8000 kms till date since August 09 when i bought it, if u permit me, i can post a picture on your thread,

am loving the vehicle, especially the space, high seating and the torque.

Sijil
Old 4th December 2009, 15:41   #11
BHPian

Rocky, congratulations on your ride. The Xylo looks its best in White, doesn't it? I liked the White, but family voted for Red, so we got a T.Red Xylo.

BTW, I really like that nudge guard. All I could find in my town were the huge bull-bars, don't like them. Can you tell me the make of the nudge guard and how much it cost?

Thanks.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, the Xylo is looking good in white & the alloys are adding to the looks.

But 90+kmph on turns - take it easy!
Old 4th December 2009, 16:05   #13
BANNED

Congratulations,

White is the best color on a Xylo in my opinion. Your beast looks awesome. Now, the usual questions, price, experience, freebies, and a few interior snaps as well.

You already have a nudge guard I guess, do you plan to put something bigger?
Old 6th December 2009, 14:17   #14
BHPian

Thank you for the support guys. Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with some stuff. I will try to post the interior snaps by tomorrow. Let me start answering your questions one by one
@powertrain: you are right Bangalore does have only smog. I found this mist in a place called shimoga which is in Karnataka. And no I have not come across any such problems so far.
@aaggoswami: yes I did TD both innova and the xylo. As I said earlier innova in slightly better but xylo is not too far behind. I am not too sure about the side impact bars, but for as far as my experience goes with Mahindra vehicles they are all built quite strong and provide ample amount of safety.

@vijaythacker: I did TD both the reason I selected the xylo was for the following reason the engine is more powerful (innova has a 102bhp engine, xylo has 112bhp engine) xylo had the extra push when the throttle was stepped on whereas innova did not have the oomph factor. The innova was only better in the interior finish. The other reason i selected xylo is the maintenance. Toyota spares and service is way more costly than Mahindra. My dealer experience was very good both during sales as well as in service. I paid 9.67 lakhs on road for it. The bull guard is usually found on scorpios but it fits the xylo as well. It is a carryboy nudge guard.
@H3LIOS: The nudge guard is made by carry boy which cost around 8000rs. It is the poly…something kind which is more like rubber. I didn’t go in for the fiberglass variety as it will break or crack very easily.
@sijil.karim: please dude go ahead and post picture of your beast here we would all love to see her.
@suman: Thanks for the warning. Will make sure I don’t do that anymore...
@n.devdath: I am planning to get a couple of hella fog lamps installed on the nudge guard that you see.

regards
rocky
Old 6th December 2009, 21:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice looking beast you got there. This is one product that is absolute VFM and with the M&M service kind of increases the pleasure in owning their vehicle. Do post some pictures of the inside as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks