Team-BHP - i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed. Journey since 06 Dec 09
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed. Journey since 06 Dec 09 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/71011-i10-blackagna-big-story-indeed-journey-since-06-dec-09-a.html)

Great day my dear frenz!!

It has been a touching moment in my life... A day my dreamz shaked hands with reality for a moment!!!
Yeah, I booked my car today... I chose to christen my car as 'Blackagna' on this auspicious day...

I know am bit emotional...

Lemme drive you back a little, how, when & where it all started...

I started my search way back in August-September with ALTO Xcite? Yup! I was excited with the features that Maruti offered for such a price tag & felt happy that I get loads of features in this car...

Enquired in ABT Maruti, Guindy with couple of my frenz!!!

I had a look at the car & was impressed with the features, but later came to know that it comes only in 2 colors but not in black, was a little disappointed. It was already 7pm by then...

When I came out I came across a Dusky Brown Estilo, It was love at first I would say... haha... lolz!!

Went back in, enquired about the cost, features & what not? Sat inside a demo car & thought this is really a nice one...

Meanwhile I was able to convince my cousin & his dad for New ALTO, since they were looking for a second hand car!!

Came home, browsed through the internet to find out pro's & con's of Estilo, but I got too many bad reviews of old estilo & too little gud reviews of the new one...

There I was, shattered again!!! Never did I give up...

My cousin was trying his level best to find some reviews over Internet, but never did he nor me...
We were discussing about this hrs over phone, once he told me, If I ever see a new Estilo anywhere in B'lore, I will just stop the owner to get reviews from him in person, such was his temperment.
But never did he tell me even once that he likes i10 more than Estilo.... Not on anyday!!

We almost dropped the plan, but then one of my colleagues used to say why don't you consider i10, it has got everything that you look for? I think I owe him something now for my decision too... :)
He said, he feels sad for missing out on i10 & compromised on Wagon R.
This guy does not like i10 too... So I started listening to him, because he feels otherwise NOW...

I was always under the impression that Hyundai gives less mileage & I can't afford the same as it is costly. I tend to discard Hyundai website telling myself that I can't afford it!!

Moreover I was apprehensive about the looks of i10, I liked the looks of Santro, but not i10...

Oneday, my cousin called up & said, I heard Hyundai is giving discounts & the onroad price would be around 4.35, he convinced me saying we thought of investing in Estilo which was around 4.14, jus 20k more was wat he said...

He revealed me that day that his first choice was i10 on anyday... I was taken aback!! this fellow seldom keeps anything away from me be it anything...

I started looking at i10 from then on. In one of the tamil film the hero says "Enna Paatha pidikaathu; enna paaka paaka dhaan pidikkum" which means "You will not like me at the first glance, but if you keep seeing me, you will eventually like me oneday..."

It applies in this case, because I fell for this 'blackagna' eventually

Started collecting so many reviews over internet about i10 1.2 Kappa features, comfort, FE, price & what not? Decided that I need to buy only this one now or wait for a new car by 2010...

I need to mention about "svaid's" thread here... It was just one of that reviews that anyone would look for, if you are gonna buy a new car!!
Hats off man...

Not only me... two of my colleagues fell for this i10 seeing me collecting so many information about this car...

Thought, I shall form a small group with 4 guys & get a group discount as well for this car & started negotiating with so many dealers. Nothing worked much, since many dealers promoted 1.1 rather than 1.2!

One dealer did promise me a gud deal & challenged me that I would never get such a discount...

I built an email ID for this purpose, posted over forums & invited some more members to join our group, The response was overwhelming & I bet this was really a Plan for anytime if anyone buys...

Got another 4 more guys, but my colleagues pulled out because of personal reasons & the group count was 6 now...

Eventually, I lost contact with 2 more guys & the count was down to 4 Now.. but I owe my discount to those guys since they really kept mum while I negotiated with the dealers & lending me a helping hand anytime I needed their help....

On Wednesday [2nd Dec 09] I had to bargain my heart out to come down to 4,19,796/- on road which comes with free accessories Remote lock, 3M Sunfilm, Teflon Polish & Full Mat Kit...

But again I was told by the dealer that I had to book immediately to close this deal off else I may not get the color that i was looking out for... It was almost 11pm that night...

I almost pulled off & thought I would wait for VW Polo to be launched!!

Later I called up the dealer & told him, I will book on Sunday as it is an auspicious day & I cannot compromise the day of booking for anything else... My frenz agreed & so did my cousin....

On Friday & Saturday, I went to Syndicate Bank to process the loan & got it all done & kept everything ready for the d-day!!

Today, the 6th of Dec 09, I booked my "Blackagna" 1.2 Kappa as planned along with my cousin & frenz [Whom I met on forums].

I shall post reviews, Initial ownership reviews & what not??? Keep watching this thread for more details guys!!!

Thanks a lot for your time to go through this BIG Passage of mine...

Yup, the color of the car is Black & the Variant is Magna, So is the name "BLACKAGNA"

nice writeup dude, and the name is good Blackagna

Waiting for the delivery and some great pics of your car :D

nice write up and very nice plan you have made to get the discounts and nice car. COngrats for the booking.

i10 & i20 both are good cars !
You will love i10 ride quality and good features.

All the best and Cheers!

Heartiest Congrats on your purchase.

A few things I would like to mentionGood Luck!!

Moderator's Note: This thread is locked. We no longer allow a separate thread before the delivery of the car. Please use this thread till you get the delivery.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ar-thread.html

I am letting this thread remain here for the moment, please PM / Report post to get it reopened post delivery if you wish so.

Gud day!!

I know it is early days to talk about initial ownership.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1417a.jpg

Lemme start from where I left!

After booking the car on 6th December, I did finalize the date of delivery on 11th of December as it was an auspicious day & did not want to miss it out at any cost.

As I have browsed & read thru various threads, I did tell the dealer that I wanted to have a look at the car before it is being taken to Registration. He did agree at last.

It was on Wednesday the 9th of December I had a look at my 'Blackagna'

for the first time. My joy knew no bounds & it could not be explained at all. I had a feeling that my car & my cousins car [Black again] looked the best out of all the cars parked in garage!!

Such was my love, I should say rather.

I inspected the car from top to bottom to the best of my ability. I did not see any issues. Sat inside my car for the first time & simply felt awesome!!

Without any second thought I took my camera out, but alas the delear was against me taking any snaps from the garage. So my happiness was shortlived, as I had to part my 'Blackagna' & leave for home without a snap.

"It was like you fell in love with a girl & she consents one fine morning, but came back with a heavy heart after she declines you a snap of her. But like any lover, I carried my Blackagna back home in my heart..."

Cool down guys. I understand your feelings!! ;-)

I had 2 sleepless nights, not for missing out to take a picture of my sweetheart, but how do i get my car home without a scratch. hehehe!!

Me being a novice driver & the d-day 11th Dec, inaguration of opening a new bridge by CM would invite more traffic & that being a friday, you can expect anything!! The dealer called me on Thursday & added some more fuel to my woes. He said I wud get delivery of my car only by Evening 5:30 as the number plates wud reach them only around 5.

I felt I had BP for the first time in my life. I spoke to one of my uncles & he agreed to drop by at the showroom by delivery time & wud drive thru traffic. I was a little relieved.

So on D-Day 11th of December, I left office by 3PM & reached showroom around 4PM along with my dad.

I came to know that there were 42 cars that has to be delivered on the same day. I was taken aback for a minute or so. I went to the yard were I met my 'Blackagna' for the first time & there

she was waiting for me. I just went & inspected the vehicle from top to bottom & left the place. I met the dealer & he said he wud give me delivery along with my cousin & frenz.

As you already know we are a group of 4, except one of my frenz, all of us planned to take delivery on the same day. My cousin & one of my frenz were struck in traffic & they were pretty late. I waited patiently at the showroom until 6:30 when my cousin arrived with his family.

My friend asked me to go ahead with the delivery, So we started our proceedings & the dealer gave us all the paperwork to go thru along with a sweet box.

I had a list of papers to be collected from dealer & very patiently I started ticking one by one on my print out. Later I found my car & my cousins' car parked next to each other. As my cousin was checking his paperwork, I kept checking both the cars & found them all to be fine.
My uncle arrived on time & the traffic was simply terrific.

A small pooja was done before driving her out. I just moved the car to a certain distance & gave the car to my uncle with a rather heavy heart. It was half past 8 when we filled up the petrol at petrol bunk.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1361.jpg

We took the car straight to a temple where my mother was waiting for us. We did a Vahana pooja over there & from then I took hold of my sweetheart.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1389.jpg

She was smooth as silk & I cud never feel like whether the engine was on or not. The AC was too effective. Reached home around half past 9.

But you know what? I was down with viral fever for the next one week.
I had driven just 400 Kms, since 11th December. I'm planning for a longer drive by Jan 1st week after which I wud write about my highway experience as well.

Initial observation till date.

I luv my Blackagna for the following reasons.I wud hav loved my Blackagna more but for the followin reasonsI will be checking for mileage after my first service.

I wud suggest people to choose the seat color & combination carefully to suit the interior Beige as well as exterior to enhance the overall look & feel of the car. It really is a Plus. You will get to know this when you check the pictures of my car.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1409.jpg

All said than done, I wud suggest my i10 1.2 Kappa on anyday even after say 10 years from now. I really feel proud to own this 'Blackagna'. Such is my driving pleasure & ownership experience. It is a dream. If this is a review of a novice driver like me, just think of a professional person. I dare not speak. I wud say in this segment, i10 is a clear winner on all departments over all its competitors. It just stands out.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1413.jpg

Simply Stunning & Stupendous. This is really a VFM car on any given day. It is owners pride! For First time drivers, I wud say never think this is a big car, thou it is, but easy to drive like any other small car.

I have been honest to the best of my ability.

On the scale of 10, I wud rate my 'Blackagna' 8/10 just for minor flaws which can be fixed on a long run. Yes, with a certain amount of Vitamin 'M' from your pocket.

Is Hyundai hearing? If they can fix this & the shortcoming I might have missed!!!

i10 wud score 10 out of 10 on any given day.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1416b.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by svaid (Post 1620159)
Heartiest Congrats on your purchase.

A few things I would like to mention
  • Teflon coating is not something that is recommended on Team-BHP. You might like to have a look here.
  • Gear Lock and Anti rust is something I would recommend
  • Do ask the dealer to provide you with the VIN number of the vehicle in advance so that you can double check the manufacturing date
  • At the time of my purchase, stock tyres on i10 were either Bridgestones OR MRF. I had specifically requested for Bridgestones only. Do check on whats the current status on this.
  • Make sure you do proper PDI at time of your delivery using information available on the forum
Good Luck!!

svaid:

Thanks a lot for all your help & support.
Teflon coating was not done by end of day. :)
I did specifically ask for Bridgestone, but I got only Apollo, as MRF was won by my cousin out of the 2 Black cars available.

Thanks again for your help & time. I have written my initial experience as well.

Nice report and heartiest congratulations for the car (a merry christmas too) :).
I'd suggest you change the tires to wider ones and alloys too. You'll feel dissappointed later on why you didn't because the stock start looking funny after a while, once they get dirtier and the car gets dirtier and they start loosing tread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp2u (Post 1620026)
nice writeup dude, and the name is good Blackagna

Waiting for the delivery and some great pics of your car :D

jp2u:
Thanks for your kind words. I have posted some pictures as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1620086)
nice write up and very nice plan you have made to get the discounts and nice car. COngrats for the booking.

Shishir:
Thank you very much. Group Discount did help me a lot & save some bucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1620564)
Moderator's Note: This thread is locked. We no longer allow a separate thread before the delivery of the car. Please use this thread till you get the delivery.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ar-thread.html

I am letting this thread remain here for the moment, please PM / Report post to get it reopened post delivery if you wish so.

Eddy:
Many Many thanks to you for keeping the thread locked than deleting it for posting in the wrong place. Error is regretted.
Thanks again!

@Sai, Congrats. And wishing you a safe & happy ownership.

Take the ribbon off immediately. It causes scratches on the paint because of the movement during running (The ribbon will flutter due the wind). We have seen this happen to fellow TBHP-ians cars.

Thanks Condor. I have already removed it. But wanted to click some snaps with it the next day after delivery as any other Indian! :D

Here comes the snap which was taken a couple of days back.
:thumbs up

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1592.jpg

congrats sai -just upsize to wider tires and alloys, and perceive the change in stance of the car. You would be amazed!

Congratulations - Black is good looking and will be attractive,if you can maintain well !
The last photo shows that you have parked the car in front JBL shop -so thinking of
any ICE upgradation ?

Drive safe - cheers !

Congrats @sai. Have a safe drive in the new car. :thumbs up
Suggestions: Change the tires, Stock tires are no good at all.