Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 13:26   #31
rbp
BHPian

Nice pics there. Has any i20 CRDI owner faced the steering column issue?
Old 25th December 2009, 18:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

That location looks fantastic. I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed the drive.
Old 25th December 2009, 19:22   #33
BHPian

rbp:I remember JayD mentioning about this rattle.In his case,the problem was gone after replacing the rubber bush with urethane one.

Flyingspur:Thanks.The weather too stayed pleasant
Old 28th December 2011, 19:49   #34
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Asta - The initial days

Well,the car has done around just 25,300 kms in 2.3 years.

However the steering colum rattling issue has reappeard again now.Its become a norm now.Everytime the ASC claim they have fixed the issue once and for all,the problem crops up again in next 3k-4k kms.

Sent the car for servicing at the ASC in my hometown.This time the car was out of the 2 year warranty period and has just entered the 3rd year extended warranty period.However,after replacing the tie rod pair this time,have been charged for the same.Was surprised since I thought it would be covered under the extended warranty period.Have sent a mail to Hyundai customer care asking them to clarify.

I really hope Hyundai doesnt expect its customer to pay min Rs5000 every 6 months to get something fixed which was defective right from the beginning and more so when the car is still under the warranty period.If they tell me that this is not covered and the customer will have to shell out money from his pocket,then I guess its time to say goodbye to the i20.There are better cars out there in the market.Will update the thread again on what response Hyundai gave
Old 28th December 2011, 20:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
I really hope Hyundai doesnt expect its customer to pay min Rs5000 every 6 months to get something fixed which was defective right from the beginning and more so when the car is still under the warranty period.If they tell me that this is not covered and the customer will have to shell out money from his pocket,then I guess its time to say goodbye to the i20.There are better cars out there in the market.Will update the thread again on what response Hyundai gave
This is exactly what many of us were afraid of. When the car goes out of warranty period, they will charge for something that really is Hyundai's fault i.e poor design of the steering rack/column, that causes the rattle to re-appear.

When I raised the same concern with those Hyundai wallahs, they never bothered to respond . I know of a couple of i20 owners who sold of their i20s after barely two years of ownership fearing this exact same concern.

I am really curious to know what reply Hyundai gives you because it applies to all of us who are facing the wretched steering rattle problem on the i20.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 28th December 2011 at 20:24.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
However,after replacing the tie rod pair this time,have been charged for the same.Was surprised since I thought it would be covered under the extended warranty period.Have sent a mail to Hyundai customer care asking them to clarify.
That's strange. I've bought extended warranty just for this problem. If they charge, the extended warranty is useless.
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:50   #37
BHPian

Ok sorry for the delay in updating the status here.

Hyundai has now confirmed that the part should have been replaced under the extended warranty.Maybe it was a oversight from the dealer that I got charged.I got a email from the dealer copying few people from Hyundai informing me that the amount would be refunded.

Now is the time to worry.The 3rd year warranty ends in Sep '12.Hope I get to purchase the 4th year warranty too.
Old 1st October 2016, 13:02   #38
BHPian

46,000 km update

Time for update.

She completed her 7th year with us on Sep 29th and has done 46,000 km's.

I am sure much of that had been put by me during my India trips.Dad has been using it very sparingly.

Got the tyres replaced to Bridgestone B250 from the Apollo Accelere's that the car came with.Set of 4 cost Rs 16,000.Sent the car for servicing and replaced all brake pads.That was the only major fix.Other than that,the rear decklid hydraulic unit came off and also the rooflight switch was broken.Took care of these minor things as well.

Since the car is going to stay with us for foreseeable future,went ahead and replaced the OE headunit.Got the Blaupunkt Las vegas 530 model and also got a rear camera fixed.Was surprised by the level of install done at a tier 2 town like tirunelveli.The shop had all the plug and play wiring kit along with the panel and it was a very good install.

Other than that,nothing much to report.She is running as good as she was 7 years back.The famous steering rattle sound seems to have gone away after the escalation to Hyundai in 2011/2012 which I had reported here.

Has few scars here and there with dad driving it around here in a small town.

Have attached couple of pictures and hoping she continues to serve us for more years.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Asta - The initial days-img_2354.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Asta - The initial days-img_2353.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Asta - The initial days-img_2363.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Asta - The initial days-img_2364.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks