Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 13:31   #31

Ya I know, the tires do look a little small but they are 15" tyres. Bridgestone make and Plati alloys. Tyre specs are 185/60/R15....
Old 1st January 2010, 14:11   #32
BHPian

@Sunil: Where did you get the leather seats done from? what was the cost? Is it real leather?
Old 1st January 2010, 21:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new drive Sunil! Need more photos, maybe when on the highways- the ones you have posted do not do justice to the black beauty!!!
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:55   #34
BHPian

Details of alloy wheels??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Albal View Post
Ya I know, the tires do look a little small but they are 15" tyres. Bridgestone make and Plati alloys. Tyre specs are 185/60/R15....
Really nice review there mate. Could you give me the details of the Alloys like whats the PCD whats the cost of alloys etc??

Drive safe.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:54   #35

@Ferrari1976 - The leather is real. Selected the material and colour and got it done from the dealer itself. Total cost was around 15k.

@ MihirC - I m not exactly aware what PCD stands for. Kinda new Abbreviation for me. Please let me know what it stands for and shall reply asap. The alloys cost me 25K.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:45   #36

1000 kms travel on Manza:

Hey guys, returned from a trip of almost 1000kms with my baby and here is how she fared

Good:
Manza amazed me by returning an average of almost 24-25 km/ltr. This was inspite of the A/C being on the entire travel as well as some 100 km travel on slow sluggish village roads. The rear seat comfort is something I highlighted my first post and hence won't dwell too much on it. But yes, the fact that my Mom, Dad and Uncle, all three sat in the rear without grumbling about space actually emphasized the comfort. They managed to catch a few winks as well!
The car is amazingly smooth post 80km/hr and it actually makes you forget there is an oil burner at work. The engine is extremely quiet (as compared to its clutter at low speeds) and the only noise inside the cabin is that of the road. 3 digit figures are also lapped up quickly and the vehicle is extremely stable and poised even at 120km/hr. I was quite happy with the way it effortlessly chewed miles in three digits almost as if its designed for touring the country side. No where did it feel as if I am pushing the vehicle to its capacity. Even at 120km/hr it felt as if the car is eager to run and wants you to push it more. Since its still a bit new din't push it beyond 120. There was hardly any need to shift to 1st or 2nd gear on Ghats the car was able to pull away in 3rd (even if you were doing 80 in Indigo earlier, ghats forced you to come down to second gear as the car just wont pull). The A/C is extremely effective. Even with the sun blazing down in peak afternoon never felt the need to turn the blower beyond the 3rd fan speed. High speed maneuverability is accurate thanks to the feedback from the steering. Vibrations on the gear knob are minimum irrespective of the speed.
I came across almost 100kms of broken (kuchha) road while travelling through some villages. Manza was extremely comfortable even travelling on the carpet of potholes laid out in front of her. At times when the road appeared smoother I would accelerate, only to be caught by surprise by another pothole lurking around the bend. Inspite of hitting the pothole at a speed more than comfortable, the car never lost its composure nor did it show signs of discomfort tackling the pothole. It was as comfortable on the moonlike pockmarked landscaped as it was on the smooth highway. This gave me immense confidence and peace of mind with no anxious moment worrying about hitting the undercarriage or bottoming a suspension coil. At one instance, a buffalo took merry in charging me and I had no option but to venture beyond the sharped edged road (with an edge almost half a foot deep!) heard something scrape. Later examined the undercarriage and was relieved to find only the jack mountings scraped. Remaining body was untouched. So, TATA lives upto its name of robustness and sturdiness, whether high speed highways or broken country roads.

Bad:
Manza seems to have borrowed a small problem from its sibling Indigo. Post 100km/hr, Indigo steering vibrates pretty significantly, almost to the point of scaring a new driver. The Manza, though more refined, still has this problem, though the vibrations are way reduced. Now, they are extremely subtle, but still they do exist.
The seat is extremely hard. 5hrs on the road and you decide to take a break, don't be surprised to have a sore rear. A soft cushion is recommended in case you wish to drive long spells. This hardness is for front seats only while the rear are quite comfortable.
Dead paddle for clutch was sorely missed while cruising on highway.
The sound quality of the music system is average, though not disappointing. Does it primary function of playing music, nothing exciting about it. The ICE system (bluetooth pairing of your phone) is also average. At times your voice is not clearly heard and one needs to shout to make your point clear. The music system, for reasons unknown refused to recognize my MP3 player and finally on my 3rd attempt did it work.
Subtle vibrations crept into the cabin on bad roads. Though these would not be audible if one is listening to music, a sharp ear would hear a few when the audio is off. Looks like TATA still needs to improve a bit on fit and finish.

All in all, extremely satisfied with my baby..........glad I bought it!!
Old 6th January 2010, 12:15   #37
BHPian

Pcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Albal View Post
@Ferrari1976 - The leather is real. Selected the material and colour and got it done from the dealer itself. Total cost was around 15k.

@ MihirC - I m not exactly aware what PCD stands for. Kinda new Abbreviation for me. Please let me know what it stands for and shall reply asap. The alloys cost me 25K.
Hi Sunil ,P.C.D. stands for pitch circle diameter, and indicates the diameter of the circle in mm connecting the center of each hub bolt. in short it is the c to c distance between 2 bolts on the wheel. Thanks for the info. Even Im planning to go for black Manza Aura+ but worried about maintainenance of black colour as i dont have a covered parking. Whats your experience on this??

Last edited by MihirC : 6th January 2010 at 12:18.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Sunil, That's an impressive mileage figure, and a great review from a Toyota owner
Old 20th January 2010, 13:18   #39
BHPian

Altis and Manza side by side

Hey Sunil, where have you disappeared with the Manza. If possible do post a picture of the Altis and Manza side by side, but from top view so that we can see how the 2 cars actually look/differ in size.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hey Sunil, where have you disappeared with the Manza. If possible do post a picture of the Altis and Manza side by side, but from top view so that we can see how the 2 cars actually look/differ in size.
I guess he is hibernating, its been a cold few days
Old 20th January 2010, 22:08   #41
BHPian

Amamzing mileage on the Manza. Nicew pictures too. I like the way you are comparing the Altis and the Manza eventhough they belong to two totally different segments. Keep up the work.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:20   #42
BHPian

Good review Sunil. Manza is one of the most VFM sedans in the market now. You may have done wheel balancing when you bought the alloys, but do have it checked again, this may sort out the steering vibrations you feel at high speeds.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

So the myth that TATAs can make and should make only trucks is slowly fading eh?
Great review Sunil! Thanks for sharing!
Old 21st January 2010, 13:52   #44

Congrats! Sunil on your purchase and thanks a ton for sharing your feedback on the car...

But I am still little confused if I should go for Manza or Dzire, I have TDed both the vehicle and found Dzire little more peppy/fun to drive but its rear seats are cramped. My car will be self driven and A.S.S/Resale is important for me. I have searched TBHP site for comparison of both the cars but could not find much.....can anyone point me to the right forum. Thanks in advance...
Old 21st January 2010, 19:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@200 View Post
Congrats! Sunil on your purchase and thanks a ton for sharing your feedback on the car...

But I am still little confused if I should go for Manza or Dzire, I have TDed both the vehicle and found Dzire little more peppy/fun to drive but its rear seats are cramped. My car will be self driven and A.S.S/Resale is important for me. I have searched TBHP site for comparison of both the cars but could not find much.....can anyone point me to the right forum. Thanks in advance...
Don't know if a forum exists but you can try the Which Car? Sedans forum. I remember that quite a few others had a similar dilemma.

AFAIK, these are the differences between the two cars
- DZire has a 3-6 month wait list depending on the model and location while the Manza is < 1 month. Check with your local dealers
- A.S.S. for Maruti is better but Tata has improved a lot. Ultimately, the A.S.S. provided depends a lot on the SC.
- As you said, the DZire is peppier to drive but suffers from a cramped rear.
- Pricing, both are around the same levels but the Manza has more features for the same price
- Resale value - Will need to check for the Manza as it is a new car and so cannot comment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks