Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 17:45   #76
BHPian

blaupunkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Thanks man. I wanted that info since someone on another thread wrote that Manza has spartan bluetooth system and that its Chinese!! Obviously I did not believe in that hence wanted to confirm it from someone who owns Manza.

Enjoy your ride!!
yes, it is blaupunkt, and the're giving me excellent service. had an issue regarding the mic not working - i gave a call to their toll free number, and the issue was competently attended to by local franchise.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:45   #77
BHPian

Now I know it's been a long time since I gave an update . But as I have said previously, "May be there isn't much to say". I recently went for 300 km drive, into the lush forest reserves of Kudremukh (Western Ghats) and it was a delight. The long stretches and then the endless hair pin curves. Not much to say about Nature as I was busy driving . The car handled pretty well but every now and then I did feel the lack of power (with A/C at 100%) and had to down shift often. Overall the drive was great and a surprise, "I wasn't feeling tired sitting behind the wheels (even though I would prefer to sit in the rear and enjoy the ride).
I haven't had any niggles till now and hope have none in the future.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:17   #78
BHPian

what's the FE you are getting? I am hearing a wide range of numbers (from 7kmpl to 14 kmpl) on that 1.4Lit Petrol mill. What's yours?

Last edited by mohandas : 3rd March 2010 at 15:18.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:45   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
what's the FE you are getting? I am hearing a wide range of numbers (from 7kmpl to 14 kmpl) on that 1.4Lit Petrol mill. What's yours?
Right now it is around 12.5 to 13 km/lt (100% A/C) Highway. Will soon give an update using the tank full - empty method.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:52   #80
BHPian

Hey Rite2Shire - Nice review. Couple of question:
1. What is the size of the front and rear numberplates?
2. Have you installed seat covers yet? Did the dealer show you stock Manza ones? How are they?
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:02   #81
BHPian

Hey Rite, any accessories added on by you. Also how many kms have you covered in the car till now. Whats the top speed you have taken her at and how was the handling at that speed.

Its good to hear there are no niggles but are there any rattles?

Last edited by MihirC : 3rd March 2010 at 16:05.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Hey Rite2Shire - Nice review. Couple of question:
1. What is the size of the front and rear numberplates?
2. Have you installed seat covers yet? Did the dealer show you stock Manza ones? How are they?
Approx. Front- 4*18 inches and Rear 5* 20. If you want the exact dimensions, I will have to measure it first and then reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hey Rite, any accessories added on by you. Also how many kms have you covered in the car till now. Whats the top speed you have taken her at and how was the handling at that speed.

Its good to hear there are no niggles but are there any rattles?
Not much, had llumar sun control film on the windows. Plan to have Art leather seats soon (but still feel that the company seat covers are really good). 2K is coming close and the top speed that i reached was a 105, and the car felt stable. And no rattles either.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:21   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
Approx. Front- 4*18 inches and Rear 5* 20. If you want the exact dimensions, I will have to measure it first and then reply
Would appreciate exact dimensions since I want to order HSRPs.

Cheers,
V
Old 4th March 2010, 14:37   #84
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
V
Hey VCASH , do you mean high security number plates?? Any idea where can I get them in mumbai??
Old 5th March 2010, 09:17   #85
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
V
The Front Number Plate - 21* 5 inches
The Rear Number plate - L = 30 inches, M = 23 inches, H = 5 inches
OR go for a rectangle rear number plate.
( L, M, H described with the attached photo)
Attached Thumbnails
Manza ABS, 1.4-Safire, delivered-rear-num-plate.jpg  

Old 11th April 2010, 23:24   #86
BHPian

Which company's insurance did you take? Is it a comprehensive policy? I am considering a Manza quadrajet.
Old 4th May 2010, 00:35   #87
BHPian

Hi rite2shree , I am a Manza Safire owner and had a question about the sound during acceleration. Do you think the engine is a little noisy when you shift higher maintaining about 2- 2.5 K ? On some occasions my car sounds like a diesel :( . It may a sound damping problem but i did not expect a petrol to be noisy.

By the way whats the FE figures you are getting.

Have a great day !!
Old 7th May 2010, 10:40   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Hi rite2shree , I am a Manza Safire owner and had a question about the sound during acceleration. Do you think the engine is a little noisy when you shift higher maintaining about 2- 2.5 K ? On some occasions my car sounds like a diesel :( . It may a sound damping problem but i did not expect a petrol to be noisy.

By the way whats the FE figures you are getting.

Have a great day !!
You have got it absolutely right, Viper. The gears needs to be worked to get the maximum out of the Saffire, or you end with the sound of a diesel, gasping for breath. When you get a hang of the gear shifts, she will surely satisfy you (if not blow your mind)..

The Highway mileage is about 13 and in the city its about 11 (with A/C at 80%).
Old 8th May 2010, 20:46   #89
BHPian

Thanks rite2shree , I was told by Concorde motors Bangalore that thats the way it is in all petrol Manzas but wanted to hear from an owner, May be its that "intelligent port resizer" in action . True it has a sweet engine and needs to be worked to perform.

On that thought, What is an "intelligent port resizer" supposed to do? I mean technically what is its function and whats the result of it being there (FE / power)

Also is the Continuous Variable Cam Phaser = Variable valve timing (VVT) ?

I am getting a bit less on the mileage front but what can you expect in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic.
Old 11th May 2010, 10:37   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Thanks rite2shree , I was told by Concorde motors Bangalore that thats the way it is in all petrol Manzas but wanted to hear from an owner, May be its that "intelligent port resizer" in action . True it has a sweet engine and needs to be worked to perform.

On that thought, What is an "intelligent port resizer" supposed to do? I mean technically what is its function and whats the result of it being there (FE / power)

Also is the Continuous Variable Cam Phaser = Variable valve timing (VVT) ?

I am getting a bit less on the mileage front but what can you expect in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic.
HI Viper21,
I am not a Guru in these things, but to my knowldge intelligent port resizer helps in getting a balancing mileage and power requirements. But technically, I am not so sure. But if you really want to know about it then I can do some research and find out. Will learn something new.

Most Viewed