Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:47   #136
BHPian

Re: The Hawk has Landed 2.2 mHawk 4WD ..

Dear All,

The Hawk went in for the 55k service in Chrome Motors, Adugodi, did the usual stuff , along with the items below, as usual they start filling in with the Engine Flush, Service this Service that, i still don't understand them, everytime i get a new SA , the first thing he does is to jackup my bill trying to add these unwanted stuffs ,which i have sit with him and start deleting one by one !!

One funny thing i noticed was the moment i said paid service of 55k , the floor manager gave first priority to my vehicle as he knew that there is going to be a good bill....!!!

The Service is good and i went there on a working day and the cleaning and washing was Top Notch..

Considering the Fact that this is the first time in 3 Years Im spending around 10k , i think it's totally worth...!!! , that too with Oil Changes every 5K Kms... !!

Happy Hawk , Happy Owner...

Details.

1. Wheel Cylinder replaced -- Rs. 2250.00 ( 2 Nos.), Actually 1 cylinder had a leak , so i asked them to change both. thought it would be better.

2. New Brake Pads -- Rs. 4200.00

3. Oil Change 6L -- Rs. 1480.00

4. Oil Filter -- Rs. 131.00

5. Rear Shock Bushes -- Rs. 30.00

6. Labour -- Rs. 2000.00

Total -- Rs. 10091.00 ..

Regds
Raghu
Old 7th May 2013, 14:13   #137
BHPian

Hello All,

May 04 2013:-
------------------
ODO Reading -- 60845.

Did a Engine Oil and A Gear Box Oil Change.

Nothing else to report !!

Regds
Ra.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:34   #138
Senior - BHPian

Mine has done 12300 KM now had bought it in Feb 2011. Both problems solved.

Rear driver side door did not open from inside - There is a red knob to turn. Someone had put it in lock position, gave it half a turn and it works now.

Front driver side power window not working - As suggested on team - BHP gave the lower portion of the door a few knocks with my fists. Problem solved it works now.
Old 15th May 2013, 15:02   #139
Senior - BHPian

Did the 2nd service myself last Saturday, May 11, no need to go to the Mahindra ASC Rip off although I keep getting calls from them, the two new ones that have opened to this side of NH 8 where I live in the new Millenium City Gurgaon area. The original one was in Udyog Vihar.

Went to a dealer, Sagar Auto who sell Mahindra Genuine parts.
It had been about 22 months since the last service, the vehicle was driven for about 8000 KM in the interim. the ODO read 12,600 KM.

I like Castrol CRB Turbo, started useing it about two years ago in my Bolero and have noticed an appreciable smoothness in its DI engine.

I used to buy the Mahindra Maxmile made by Shell earlier, but when Mahindra Pvt. Label production shifted to Indianoil the product will be no better that Servo.

Castrol has superior technology. No doubt.

Air Filter, Oil Filter, 6 litres of Castrol CRB Turbo ( 5l+ 1 L ) came for Rs. 2500. Air Filter costs Rs. 545 and Oil Filter Rs. 160 these days.

Under strict personal supervision got the AIr filter replaced and oil changed.

On inspection there was plenty of sludge in the oil, and I believe 7000 to 8000 km is the maximum mileage between oil changes for Mahindra Diesel engines. Air filter was changed because I had taken my Scorpio off road the weekend before.

Total labour paid - Rs. 200, this guy Dharampal in Gurgaon is an extremely experienced Jeep Mechanic he was the guy who used to tune my CJ3B Solex 134 carburettor and is an expert on all kind of Mahindra vehicles.

Maybe there is a Bosch service centre in Gurgaon or Delhi, trying to look for it.

Mahindra had put two plastic ties on the Air Filter cover to detect non authorised service! SO much for them, I will replace it with two new ties when I take this scorpio for the 3rd service at 20,000 KM which will be an year from now. This vehicle is under extended warranty.

The old problem has cropped up again, too much of a clicking noise like a solenoid or relay switch going off and on whenever AC is switched on. A valve was replaced under warranty in September 2012 but this has cropped up again.
Otherwise I love the Scorpio, dont get time to drive it much, but whenever, its always a pleasuure.
Old 19th November 2013, 12:43   #140
BHPian

Dear All,

Did a 1300 Km Kerala Trip this weekend and it was fun . the route taken was the usual Blore-Salem-Coimbatore,Avinashi,Palghat,Thrissur,Kochi which was nice to drive after quite a long time. Road widening in still going on in hosur , you might slow down a little bit ,rest was fine and well...

The notorious private bus drivers in kerala were acting like a puppy , Thanks a Ton to the new Transport Commissioner who displayed the public what his dept can do within his powers , much like our TN Sheshan the old Election Commissioner... Pvt Bus drivers were driving like a puppy and well behaved which was a great relief....

Started Back from Kochi around 5.30am sunday and with 1 stop for fuel and 1 stop for Breakfast, we reached B'lore by 2.15pm which was a nice surprise...

All in all the Hawk behaved excellent giving around 12+ mileage with A/C on all the time....

The ODO covered 70,000 Km in the Coimbatore Toll ....it's been 4 Years Since he flew into my life and he is still soaring HIGH , never ever leaving me down and out... Happy Hawk.. Happy Owner....

Regds
Ra

Last edited by vraghuz : 19th November 2013 at 12:45.
Old 19th November 2013, 13:08   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post

The ODO covered 70,000 Km in the Coimbatore Toll ....it's been 4 Years Since he flew into my life and he is still soaring HIGH , never ever leaving me down and out... Happy Hawk.. Happy Owner....

Regds
Ra
Thanks for the update, I have a query on the ride of the 4wd Scorpio, it has torsion beam setup up front so how do your passengers feel after 4 years of ownership on the ride comfort over bad roads. The reason for asking you this question is I am contemplating a 4wd SUV and Scorpio kind of fits the bill well, but I am vary about the comfort level.
Old 19th November 2013, 13:17   #142
BHPian

Hi,

I have never felt any changes in the suspension after 4 years, since it has the torsion beam I have heard it gives you better grip on ghat roads and blind curves. I have pushed the scorp really hard on the ghat curves and it has come out with flying colors . I have not tried the same on a 2wd so I cannot comment on this...

The passengers still feel the same way as I bought the scorp 4 years back , I also make sure that I do the 7.5k oil change strictly and also the tyre rotation and alignment every 5k. this I think has helped me in keep the scorp in excellent shape regardless of which roads I go through.

Regds
Ra
Old 19th November 2013, 16:07   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Hi,

I have never felt any changes in the suspension after 4 years, since it has the torsion beam I have heard it gives you better grip on ghat roads and blind curves. I have pushed the scorp really hard on the ghat curves and it has come out with flying colors . I have not tried the same on a 2wd so I cannot comment on this...

The passengers still feel the same way as I bought the scorp 4 years back , I also make sure that I do the 7.5k oil change strictly and also the tyre rotation and alignment every 5k. this I think has helped me in keep the scorp in excellent shape regardless of which roads I go through.

Regds
Ra
Thanks, do the passengers complain about hard ride over rough surfaces vis-a-vis any other reference point. E.g. You are going over gravel road with small stones thrown around or you go over bad road patches does the shock translate to bone jarring ride inside the cabin?

Yes, with the torsion beam setup the handling would have improved and that helps you corner well. I was eyeing Slx 4x4 variant which kind of fits my requirement.
Old 19th November 2013, 16:24   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thanks, do the passengers complain about hard ride over rough surfaces vis-a-vis any other reference point. E.g. You are going over gravel road with small stones thrown around or you go over bad road patches does the shock translate to bone jarring ride inside the cabin?

Yes, with the torsion beam setup the handling would have improved and that helps you corner well. I was eyeing Slx 4x4 variant which kind of fits my requirement.

Over Rough Roads and gravel road the passenger never feel anything, but in uneven surface the centre seat passengers do feel the body roll which is typical of any SUV , but it's a smooth ride all over without any other issues.

Regds
Raghu
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:32   #145
BHPian

Hello All,

The ODO reads 81456 and did the fluid change at a New FNG called SK Karzone in Bangalore, the chaps are ol timers from M & M have started a Authorised BOSCH Service Centre Near Shoppers Stop in Bannerghatta Road. Overall a good Experience .

Did a 700 km run after this to Chennai and i say , the Engine sounded much better than the maximile Oil. I used the BOSCH Oil this time , let's just say it might be my feeling but it sure feels better and more refined..

Need to do some pampering for the Hawk as it's been almost 5 Years since he is with me and planning to keep it like this for another 5 Years as i do not see any point of selling it.

Changed Engine , Clutch ,Gearbox,Differential (Both) Oils , Brake Cleaning ( 4Tyres), costed me around 4.8k in total along with labour.

Regds
Raghu
vraghuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 18:37   #146
BHPian

Hi,

ODO reads 85000....

The Hawk went for full suspension change as a proactive measure , changed the entire suspension kit along with Ball joints, Shocks etc. the ride has been much better after this as the YO-YO movements has dropped almost to zero.

Also moved to Mobil 0-40 Synthetic from this time and sure the Engine revvs much much better , i think i will stick to Synth from now onwards and the vehicle feels peppy to drive.

Regds
Raghu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks