Team-BHP - Medium Grey Linea Emotion Diesel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Medium Grey Linea Emotion Diesel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/71306-medium-grey-linea-emotion-diesel.html)

I have got my Linea Diesel Emotion last week from concorde, velacherry, chennai. The purchase process was smooth. clap:

There were no offer on Linea last month except the free extended warranty, mud flap and floor mats.

I did the PDI as per the team-bhp check list and it was seems like everything was OK.

I said go ahead and it was delivered on committed date. Even the floor mat was not available at the time of delivery and I got the punto floor mat.

I did the long drive immediately after the delivery to my native place, tuticorin. The drive was smooth and I confined myself within 2000 RPM. The mileage was 19 as per the display with 100% AC.

I feel it doenst have enough power with 4 people on board and with AC on. But the pickup was good when the AC is switched off. I had baleno before, I dont know whether I am comparing the performance with baleno. May be it could be matter of time to get used with.

List of accessories plannedPlease suggest me a good place for economic cover and film in chennai.

Niggles so farAll these issues was popped up after I took the delivery. Everything was OK during the PDI.

Thats all I could think off now. Please let me know, if you need any other info.

Thanks.
Nag

Let me be the first to congratulate you. Its Great car. Hope to see some pics soon.
Chrome issues are very common but do get it checked.
The left hand side movement may be due to wheel alignment, get it rectified soon.

Congrats Nag! Where is the pics?

For issues on Boot light & rear door lock, get it checked at the SC.
And get your wheel aligned at a good WA shop.

Thanks rite2shree and finneyp

My car is still at home town. I will bring it back this week-end. I will post the picture after that.

Is it better to check the wheel alignment at TASS or better WA shop?

I thank sathya and karthik for their assistance in selecting the better dealer in chennai. :)

Since it is a new car if there is a WA issue TASS should resolve it for free. Also when did you buy the car? I dont think the new cars have the chrome falling issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by achinthg (Post 1627027)
Since it is a new car if there is a WA issue TASS should resolve it for free. Also when did you buy the car? I dont think the new cars have the chrome falling issue.

I got my car on Nov 27th.

Even I thought so, when I bought the septembaer manufacturered one. my car has the VIN no ends with: JPZ. still the issue persists.

Congrats on the new car.

Its not good to see niggles in a new car. The best option would be to get it rectified at the TASS.

For the rear door, if it was not opening from inside, but possible from outside, it could have been the child lock. Your issue seems to be the opposite, strange. Get it rectified at the earliest at a TASS.

Congrats for the bold decision to own the italian beauty!clap:

Can you tell us more about

- the driving experience
- experience of rear seat passengers

And yeah do post the pictures soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autocop (Post 1627120)
Congrats for the bold decision to own the italian beauty!clap:

Can you tell us more about

- the driving experience
- experience of rear seat passengers

And yeah do post the pictures soon.

Thanks for your wishes.

You would feel lack of power. It may get better once it runs couple of thousands KMs. It has sufficient power if the AC is switched off. I didnt try the pickup with higher RPM. The driving position and seats are comfortable. I was driving continuosly for more than 5 hours and I didnt feel any backpain too.

When I was driving the baleno, I need to take break for every 2- 2 1/2 hours.

The back seats too comfortable for medium built three person with enough leg room. The suspension is great.

Congrats vnagarajs,

Welcome to Linea club.
Enjoy and Drive Safe :)

Congrats Nag !

I am sure you will enjoy every second driving this beauty. Admiration Guaranteed !
Do post some Exterior and Interior photos.

Its sad that some of the niggling issues like Chrome strip falling is still not resolved.

Its customary that chrome strip will fall within one month from the date of purchase. This gives you an assurance that you have got a genuine (original) FIAT LINEA since all Linea owners have faced this till date. (otherwise, you would have worried that you got a FAKE one). stupid:

Enjoy & drive safe.

Congrats on the new car. My Linea goes to the right hand side when the steering is kept straight. My steering column has a tilt towards the right side. Need to get it rectified soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 1627457)
Its customary that chrome strip will fall within one month from the date of purchase. This gives you an assurance that you have got a genuine (original) FIAT LINEA since all Linea owners have faced this till date. (otherwise, you would have worried that you got a FAKE one). stupid:

Nope,for me it's still in its place :)
So mine might be a fake Linea.hahaha

Congrats nagraj on owning a fantastic car. The niggles can sure take away the pleasure. Hope the driving pleasure itself will help you overcome the worry of niggles. Drive Safe.

Congrats on owning the beautiful Italian car! The medium grey color is new and i haven't seen any Lineas in this color. So could you plz put up pics asap.