Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 19:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

It could be due to the seat belt going over your shoulder, vis-a-vis your seat inclination, but I am not sure.

I wish they had given a seat belt height adjuster in the Fiesta. On long journeys, I do feel the need to pull the seat belt over my shoulder once in a while.

During my long trip to Mumbai long back, I felt some discomfort near my right hip, where the lower part of the seat belt was running across, but that was only once. I am sure that if I buy a seat belt cushion cover, it will solve the problem.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:25   #32
BHPian

Hi! In 3.5 months, I have managed to drive the Fiesta only 1.5K km, which must be a record of some sort!
The car engine developed a knock all on a sudden, so I took it to the Ganges Ford workshop today. The service advisor sat in the car, started the engine & in 10 seconds flat diagnosed the problem. A rat had partially chewed up the high tension cable.
The cable was quickly replaced & the problem is solved. I am really impressed with Ford service.
While I was there, I also got a Waxoyl engine compartment treatment done.
Total damages 1K.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:36   #33
BHPian

Dada, time to hire the services of a Cat! As suggested by Nairji is some other thread.

There is a dedicated thread for rats here as well. You can check out for solutions. 1K is too much for those tiny brats.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Hi! In 3.5 months, I have managed to drive the Fiesta only 1.5K km, which must be a record of some sort!
The car engine developed a knock all on a sudden, so I took it to the Ganges Ford workshop today. The service advisor sat in the car, started the engine & in 10 seconds flat diagnosed the problem. A rat had partially chewed up the high tension cable.
The cable was quickly replaced & the problem is solved. I am really impressed with Ford service.
While I was there, I also got a Waxoyl engine compartment treatment done.
Total damages 1K.
Nice to know that you are really impressed with Ganges Ford. Hope I get the same sort of expertise and professionalism when I visit mine (Victoria Ford) for any reason.

BTW, I can hear very feeble rattle from the left side when the car travels on a comparatively rough road. I should say that it can be heard only when the windows are rolled up, no music being played and the blower set to 1 or 2.

Can any expert help me in this? Is it really to be taken care off immediately or can I wait till my 1st service?
Old 10th February 2010, 21:57   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Hi!
I had ordered a set of frames & number-plates from Utsav's stall at the Auto Expo. They were delivered the same evening at my hotel.
The letters & numbers are perfectly aligned, the black frames blend with the colour of the car & there are no visible screws.
My thanks to @frankmehta.
Here are a couple of pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Lovely plates. and they complete the fantastic look of the car! Only thing is, the hologram is not visible and the IND font is not the same as all the IND plates. Is there a change in the original design? Mine is different. I thought all plates across India had to have the same design. Am I missing something here?
These are not the official HSVRP's. You should have waited and got the official ones. Frank, I think your's are the proper ones.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
BTW, I can hear very feeble rattle from the left side when the car travels on a comparatively rough road. I should say that it can be heard only when the windows are rolled up, no music being played and the blower set to 1 or 2.

Can any expert help me in this? Is it really to be taken care off immediately or can I wait till my 1st service?
Not an expert, but here are some clues:

-1. Is it good noise or bad noise?

0. Sure it is not the bike/taxi on your left?

1. What are the "things" you have fixed on the left? Idols/perfume bottle etc...check if these are fixed properly. Does the idol have some loose fixtures? My Silver Ganesha has a chakra in one hand and an UO (unidentified object) in another hand, which are kind of fixed by hanging silver thread)..gives a nice tinkling faint sound over bad roads (good noise as per -1 above)..even after identification, left it as it is!

2. Bottle holders - ensure they are fit tightly and in place..and no loose screws/coins etc are hiding. Kept my liquid perfume bottle in the cup-holder behind the gears..turned out the holder was pulled slightly backwards, giving enough room for the bottle to act as a drunkard..

3. Seat belt knuckles rubbing againt the body maybe

4. Left Passenger seat / Driver seat are engaged properly in the "notch"

5. Glove box - no loose stuff please!

6. Even loose windscreen wipers may cause this noise issue. Try to slightly push the wiper lever downwars and release immediately so that the wiper rest somewhat higher than its normal resting position..does the noise still come?

7. Keychain/keys hanging in the ignition maybe!

8. Left side means rear left, front left..where? Narrow the suspected "rattle zone" and investigate..

If all else fails, 3 in the morning might be a good idea to drive on a rough road to nail the culprit. Silence outside will be perfect,sanitized setting to carry out your research and fix the issue.

Last ditch option would be to drive harder on the roughest track you can find..loose fittings in all nooks & corners may get automatically adjusted this way, who knows? Or that random loose screw under the car creating the noise might finally fall off!

Awaiting anxiously on your mission for the perfect rattle-free car! Best of luck! Keep us updated!Please.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:04   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
I had similar problem and I was told it is due to absence of lubrication/greasing of hand break cable. Should be a minor fix.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:11   #38
BHPian

@sanjayc
Now how does one go about finding a cat? When my daughters were younger, they kept rescuing para kittens & we (parents) had a tough time finding homes for them. We should have kept one for ourselves.
I just went through all 32 pages of the "rat" thread & actually posted there before posting here.
@mayukh
I did meet some nice people from Victoria Ford but I am not sure if they are selling too many cars & their workshop isn't very well located either. Try them out. You can always switch to Ganges if you are unhappy.
Old 26th February 2010, 22:18   #39
BHPian

I sometimes feel that the Fiesta seat-belt is a little too high. It seems to be running across the lower part of my neck & I need to pull it down with one hand every once in a while to get it to run across the chest. Never felt this in my Santro. Anyone else noticed this & is there a solution?
Just indulging in a little bit of nit-picking, guys. She is one GREAT car & am real proud to have her.
Old 27th February 2010, 07:17   #40
BHPian

Yes I too feel the same even though I am 6"..You can try the seat belt pad accessory (avlbl with dealer)..this will keep the belt secure in place over your neck and since it it cushion type, will not scratch your neck.
Old 27th February 2010, 14:40   #41
BHPian

@sanjayc
Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea how much this costs?
Old 27th February 2010, 17:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
@sanjayc
Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea how much this costs?
It costed me 270/- per pair (it is avlbl in pairs). It comes with Ford branding.

It is usefull for kids/ladies since the seatbelt edges feels uncomfortable against the neck..for me, it does not make much of a difference since I route it under my shirt collars, during in-city rides. For long trips, I do use this.

Check out here: Shown in black but avlbl in beige also.
Welcome to CHENNAI FORD .com

Last edited by sanjayc : 27th February 2010 at 17:02.
Old 27th February 2010, 18:31   #43
BHPian

Thanks @sanjayc. The link was really useful as the Ford website doesn't seem to have a picture of the seat belt pad. Quite commendable dealer Chennai Ford has the picture on its website.
Now I need to find out if either of the Ford dealers in Kolkata have the seat belt pad in stock!
Old 25th February 2013, 12:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

How's the car doing Doc? Somehow I'd completely missed this thread of yours! Car looks great. What tyres did you upgrade to?

Most Viewed