Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2009, 00:00   #1
BHPian

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

My thanks to razor4077, who had done a test drive, for his sms saying the Fiesta was a good car.
My thanks to all Fiesta owners for their posts on Team-BHP.
I booked the car on 21st Oct & it was delivered on 28th Oct.
Simply put, it's a great car to drive.
Here are a few pictures.

First The Good

Car profiles
My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_1tbhp.jpg

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_2tbhp.jpg

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_3tbhp.jpg

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_4tbhp.jpg

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_5tbhp.jpg

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_6tbhp.jpg

Sporty pedals
My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_7tbhp.jpg

Ford alloys & Michelin tyres
My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_8tbhp.jpg

Now The Bad

Rust discovered during tyre upgrade
My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_9tbhp.jpg

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_10tbhp.jpg

Poor quality foot mats supplied by dealer instead of the promised Ford ones
My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_11tbhp.jpg

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_12tbhp.jpg

And Finally The Ugly

I scraped the kerb while parking & broke one of the after-market mud-flaps
My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_13tbhp.jpg

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_14tbhp.jpg

Unknown vandal scraped paint off front left door
My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_15tbhp.jpg

Thank you Team-BHP.
Old 13th December 2009, 01:11   #2
BHPian

Hey nura congrats on your buy . if you could have waited for some time you could have considered the newly introduced Indigo Manza which has more space , more power, more features but for a lesser price.!! anyways happy revving
Old 13th December 2009, 01:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Doc. Looks wonderful. Hope to see the car in the next meet !
Old 13th December 2009, 02:18   #4
BHPian

Congrats Doc. Black color Sedan with silver alloys is always a treat to watch.
Happy driving.
Old 13th December 2009, 03:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations sir! Many congratulations on buying one of the best drivers' cars in India! ;-)
Old 13th December 2009, 11:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

nura, the car looks fantastic in black. Congrats and welcome to the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
if you could have waited for some time you could have considered the newly introduced Indigo Manza which has more space , more power, more features but for a lesser price.!! anyways happy revving
More power? I don't think so. More space definitely, but then not all are looking for 'more car per car'.
Old 13th December 2009, 16:07   #7
BHPian

Black color is always first priority of everyone. Even when I went for booking at that time I thought to book black color but at last stage we changed mind and booked platinum just because its difficult to maintain black color.

Don't worry about scratches as initially you will feel bad but after 2 - 3 scratches you will be least bothered about it.More you worry about scratches more you get so relax and enjoy your drive.

On my car some kid played and made scratches though its not noticeable and it can be removed easily by 3M people. After this scratch I am least bothered and enjoy my drive because in India you have to live with it.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
nura, the car looks fantastic in black. Congrats and welcome to the club.

More power? I don't think so. More space definitely, but then not all are looking for 'more car per car'.
@Gilead but if you look at the specs and any TD report you would find the manza more rev-happy
The Overdrive has also quoted it to be better than its rivals..... Dzire , Fiesta and its own sister Linea...!!
Old 14th December 2009, 10:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

@nura

Congratulations.
One thing I noticed - No sticker on the petrol lid. I dont know why the dealers are not fixing one sticker showing petrol or diesel. Even with the PETROL sticker on my car tank lid, when I went to a pump yesterday to fill up fuel, the attendent asking me 'sir petrol or diesel'?
So just imagine, without sticker - and it happens that most petrol pump guys always ready to pump diesel when they see any sedan/suv's. And when you are busy in the car without watching what these guys are doing then you had it. A wrong fuel in tank will have enough trouble for you.?
Old 14th December 2009, 13:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
@Gilead but if you look at the specs and any TD report you would find the manza more rev-happy
The Overdrive has also quoted it to be better than its rivals..... Dzire , Fiesta and its own sister Linea...!!
The OP has bought a petrol. I think you may be referring to the diesel. The 1.4 FIRE that runs in the Manza is no match for the 1.6 Duratec. The same 1.6 outgunned the Cedia, City, Civic and Altis in the ACI track test.

Last edited by Gilead : 14th December 2009 at 13:25.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:40   #11
BHPian

First of all congrats for getting this beauty, from the pictures the floor mats dont look like they are OE. The front one looks like the regular door mat used at home. Have you taken the issue to the dealer, or is this a free gift from them?
Old 14th December 2009, 13:51   #12
Team-BHP Support

Nura, how about a spoiler to add to the looks?
The ZXI with those alloys look a lot better than the SXi with the chrome treatment on the grille. It totally spoils the looks, IMO.

As for the scratches, since the car seems to be a daily driver, you'll soon get used to it.

How much did those after market mud flaps cost?
Old 14th December 2009, 15:00   #13
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. Nothing that can beat the looks of a clean black car! And as I keep repearting, i just love the simple design of the alloys.

The rust issue was seen on Frank Mehta's car as well and was caused due to being in storage for long. Did you check with your dealer?
Old 14th December 2009, 15:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Unni you are correct - A CLEAN Black car -always shine better, but you have to keep the car clean.
It took me almost 40 minutes to clean all the dirts carried in last two days drive(this is the one thing I hate - washing a car ).
Old 14th December 2009, 16:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats! The black Fiesta looks mean and stylish. A side skirt and spoiler like that on the 'S' trim would make it look even more sporty. Drive safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks