Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 07:59   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Its raining Scorpios on TBhp! She's an awesome mile-cruncher.
Old 15th December 2009, 08:51   #17
BANNED

Hi SanScorpio,
Congrats on your purchase. It looks great in silver. I had a small question for you. The front bull bar that you have installed, was it from the dealer or was it from a shop outside? Could also share the price of the same and the shop that installed it.

Enjoy your dream ride
Old 15th December 2009, 08:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

hearty congratulations buddy! its very rare someone speaks of a scorpio as their "dream"! generally its the safari or the endy!

having owned 3 scorpios, i am sure you wont regret your decision.

one thing i noticed was that the VLX comes with the new instrument console (with large TPMS screens) whereas the SLE & LX comes with older ones.

do consider adding alloys & i am sure blackening of pillars would look good.
Old 15th December 2009, 08:58   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Santosh - I will send my reply of your PM today by evening. Please do not do anything on the car till then.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 15th December 2009, 09:16   #20
BHPian

Dear Dhabar, wont touch a thing on the tyres/alloy front till i get a reply from you, rest assured!
Raj,
some may say i have weird dreams when i say Scorpio is the dream machine, but then to each his own
No chances of regret, only regret is why didnt i get her earlier!!!

Devdath,
The Bullbar was from a shop in Banaswadi. it cost me Rs.4300 including install.
Infact all my interiors and ICE was at this shop and am pretty pleased with the results. will pm you the address as am not sure if giving out the shop name is allowed on this forum.

Cheers all
Old 15th December 2009, 09:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sanscorpio congratulations on the buy. Its raining M-hawks for once on the forum. BTW do you feel the lack of space in the last row of seats ? I decided against it when I picked up my SLX in July. With the seats folded completed there was hardly any space in the last row to dump luggage.

Apparently if you were to try fitting a sub in there , its gonna be a tough job.Drive safe and welcome to the world of the Common Rails.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Hey Sanscorpio congratulations on the buy. Its raining M-hawks for once on the forum. BTW do you feel the lack of space in the last row of seats ? I decided against it when I picked up my SLX in July. With the seats folded completed there was hardly any space in the last row to dump luggage.

Apparently if you were to try fitting a sub in there , its gonna be a tough job.Drive safe and welcome to the world of the Common Rails.
Hey thanks rjstyles,
Yeah realised that there are in fact a lot of guys going in for the mHawk.
Regarding the space in the 3rd row, its meant for the kids and the shorties
Though have fitted in 3 ppl in the rear and 4 in the mid and 2 ppl upfront for the short ride to a hotel abt 5kms off for a team lunch a couple of times and man is the ride comfy (for me atleast as the Scorp doesnt dive around as much)!!!
though the guys sitting in the last row do complain of limited legroom, its ok for short drives and also for the kids to sit in the back.
While buying the Scorpio we did realise that there would be no luggage space with the 3rd row uprite and occupied.
plan was to get a roof carrier (detachable - put off as no plans for long distance travel till feb'10.)
The other option thought of was if the 3rd row is not in use and with only 5 people(its mostly only 3 ppl onboard most of the time in my case) onboard to remove the 3rd row, as its quite easy to take out.
There are pics of my Scorps rear with the 3rd row uprite, the Speakers i have there can be detached easily and have extra length of cable so that they can be moved around if needed. As of now there is no plans of Sub woofers in the dream car as i prefer to hear all the boom in the comfort of my Living room(7.1Channel)
Even with the 3rd row uprite u can fit in a couple of kit bags behind the back and maybe a suitcase below the 3rd row seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Realising the Scorpio dream-dsc00175.jpg  

Old 15th December 2009, 10:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the dream come true.
The bull looks huge. rj's bar is very good, goes well with the design.
Its my perception though.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:28   #24
BHPian

dear san scorpio, just a bit of advise if you go in to get the pillars blackened. ensure that the person does not press too hard with the blade on the sticker while trimming it on your scorps body coz it might ruin the paint work and cause light rust spots. please get it done by a seasoned guy.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:45   #25
BHPian

@Ramsagar- yeah the Bullbars are a bit big but it does its job of intimidating autos n bikers to stay away, the brush bar on Rj's are better looking and do cost a bomb as i did check them out!!

@ Rohan, wont be able to blacken the pillars for atleast a month as i am tied up with some work. thanks for the advice though will certainly keep it in mind when i do it. Had a scare though earlier when i read in the forum that someone's rear window defogger lines were cut while installation of the sunfilm... first thing i checked out were if they were working and thankfully they were heating up!!!

got the cam from service and decided to get some pics of the beauty in the late evening light and damn the cam conked out again after just a pic
heres the only pic..
@ off roadie, the beads are off

@ scorpio owners in general, check out if you can pass through the cross members the cops put up on residential streets to prevent larger vehicles from entering. I found out the hard way, broke the antenna and to think that a BPO cab Sumo passed through it right before me(guys keep away from the one in BTM layout - dont know the name but it runs parallel to the Outer ring road while going towards Silk board from Advaith Petrol Bunk).
And while TD'ing the vehicle i did go through a similar cross Bar in HSR layout just to check out the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Realising the Scorpio dream-dsc01312.jpg  

Old 16th December 2009, 08:35   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the dream come true.
The bull looks huge. rj's bar is very good, goes well with the design.
Its my perception though.
I m currently hunting for a bull bar for Hariya, he is the last of the CRDe Scorps. Any pictures of "rj's" bar that you have mentioned? It would be a great help
Old 16th December 2009, 09:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I m currently hunting for a bull bar for Hariya, he is the last of the CRDe Scorps. Any pictures of "rj's" bar that you have mentioned? It would be a great help
Check my garage and also my initial ownership thread. Have added details regarding the pricing and the various brands of bull bars available.
Old 16th December 2009, 09:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Devdath,
check out the hiker link ->..::It's Hiker World, Nudge Guards, Roof Carriers, Side Foot Steps, Rear Bumpers,Rear View Monitor System, Bumper Guards::..
HK-NG-US-106 looks like the one that is on Rj's scorpio.

also check out this ->Kumar Auto Sales - Classique Accessories.
i personally liked the Colt Front Guard
Old 16th December 2009, 10:28   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Check my garage and also my initial ownership thread. Have added details regarding the pricing and the various brands of bull bars available.
Hi rj,
Thank you for your inputs and links,had a look Hiker/CarryBoy are my fav too but they do not protect the ends of the bumper which in my opinion is most prone to damages in traffic. This is the reason for my hunt for a different type of metal bumper which is decent and sturdy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Devdath,
check out the hiker link ->..::It's Hiker World, Nudge Guards, Roof Carriers, Side Foot Steps, Rear Bumpers,Rear View Monitor System, Bumper Guards::..
HK-NG-US-106 looks like the one that is on Rj's scorpio.

also check out this ->Kumar Auto Sales - Classique Accessories.
i personally liked the Colt Front Guard
Thank your SanScorpio. I too liked the Colt and had seen something similar at SKS too but was strongly advised against fitting it as the chromed ends are joined to the centre piece and they are the first ones to break upon impact. Also, they are not as strong as the centre piece making them easily breakable.

The hunt is on..
Old 16th December 2009, 11:08   #30
BHPian

Congrats Santhosh,

Welcome to the Scorp World , Even it was my Dream to own one from the day i saw one, enjoy the ride and keep us posted.

Let's hijack the threads with all the Scorps raining in !!!

Cheers
Raghu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks