Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 14:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The 8-seater version will have 2nd AND 3rd row front-facing bench seats - no side-facing jump seats at all. But since CMVR makes for higher taxes in case the vehicle is 8+ seater, there are no takers for this version. I'm sure the 8-seater version is available too, however, if you ask for it. It's a simple matter of removing the jump-seats and putting in a 3rd row front-facing bench.
That may be possible but since the vehicle will be registered as a 7 seater in RC, one may face a problem in resale.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:12   #32
BHPian

agree with what SST is saying, 8 seater is available in 4 wd. and presto - you will get an additional option - HE or non-HE - i.e. with air bags and without airbags respectively.

If Mahindra were into Software, they will get CMMi Level-5 i.e. Optimizing level easily
Old 15th December 2009, 14:20   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
That may be possible but since the vehicle will be registered as a 7 seater in RC, one may face a problem in resale.
No, I'm sure 4x4 means getting an 8-seater from the factory and registering it as such, i.e. Form 20 clearly mentions that it's an 8-seater.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
adzegeek - Congrats. Good Choice the only question in my mind is how cum a guy from abroad on returning back to India did not choose Auto in a vehicle that has the option, also considering that wife drives it as much if not more.
ACM, we are both pukka desis at heart. Learnt the ropes on Padmini and amby respectively - so love the feel of gear shift. Apart from that my wife's green nature means she will always choose the fuel efficient option. Believe we will be a bit more FE with manual than auto (dont know if it is true - would like to think so).
Old 15th December 2009, 14:59   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

very nice write up!
straight from the heart - great conversational style
enjoy your hawk!
have fun - drive safe!
Old 15th December 2009, 15:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, adzegeek, on getting your Hawk-on-fours! Interesting write-up as well. Wishing you lots of fun in the coming days.
Thanks Doc , as you see I will have to do some dental surgery on the grille - plan to remove it over the weekend to get that Garish gaudy chrome out. I hope screw driver and WD-40 will do the trick - any other instruments I need?? Have been following your thread - OVRM demise sadly noted. I noted that traffic in Hyd is not as aggressive as NCR so chances on my kit's survival are higher (fingers crossed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
one tooth was bad enough the whole denture is a bit too much and probably looks weird on the white..... or any color now that i am trying to picture it.
Somehow these chaps believe that more gaudy and in-ur-face it is - the better. Since I didnt pay a dime for this, I will be happy to pass it on to anyone interested. Will try and rip it off when I get some time. will also send you the checklist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
hi Geek,
Congrats on the 4WD , Welcome to the Club... nice narration, yes, same thing happened to me too, by the time i went there , they put the Chrome KIT in my 4WD too.. that dorks!!
Cheers
Raghu.
I am not alone then - you can take it off from the back lights and last seat window quite easily. The ones on door handles - stuck for life I guess. Unintended benefit - you are less likely to get scratches from keys / big rings and fingernails and people tend to pull gingerly. The chrome on the OVRMs - pain - they jar when I close the door shut. Front grill - I am removing one way or the other. It may not be that bad on black - but it is a disaster on white.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
hi Geek,

Congrats on the 4WD , Welcome to the Club... nice narration, yes, same thing happened to me too, by the time i went there , they put the Chrome KIT in my 4WD too.. that dorks!!

Cheers
Raghu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post

Somehow these chaps believe that more gaudy and in-ur-face it is - the better. Since I didnt pay a dime for this, I will be happy to pass it on to anyone interested. Will try and rip it off when I get some time. will also send you the checklist.

As I'm a firm believer of "There's nothing called a Free Lunch", I'm sure the chrome kit would definitely have been paid for in the purchase as it is not a standard kit supplied by M&M. Please do check.

Cheers
Old 15th December 2009, 15:28   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No, I'm sure 4x4 means getting an 8-seater from the factory and registering it as such, i.e. Form 20 clearly mentions that it's an 8-seater.
Unless the customer get the configuration changed at the last moment at the dealership. I have seen all the Scorpios have mounting points for all the seat, so changing the configuration at the last moment wont be hassle. Only major differences with the ones with front facing last row is the lack of door opener from inside and the rear foot rest.
Old 15th December 2009, 16:37   #39
BHPian

actually my suggestion was to swap the whole grill rather than removing the chrome. i fear your grills natural luster will get affected in the process of chrome removal and that would probably look worse.
edit: i will make sure i give them strict instructions to ensure that they don't do the chrome work on mine.

Last edited by Off Roadie : 15th December 2009 at 16:39.
Old 15th December 2009, 16:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi Adzegeek,

Many congratulations on your new ride, mHawk 4X4. Nice car, i guess you should post some more pictures for justice.
Please join the TBHP chapter for our regular meets/lunches/brunches/dinners/drives/soft drink parties.....what not! You have an Very Active group there!
Happy Motoring!!
Old 15th December 2009, 18:50   #41
BHPian

Congrats!!!

Badhai ho adzegeek!
This is my dream car (and next buy) too. Enjoy the Ute to the fullest!

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 15th December 2009, 19:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

hearty congratulations buddy. good choice & great narration. somehow i missed this thread till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
  • 3rd gear does not vibrate like others' cars - but maybe once honeymoon period gets over we shall see...
  • TPMS and your handheld pressure reader are within +- 0.5 psi of each other – which means all the pumps around you are wrong.
you are lucky the 3rd gear in your car does not vibrate. if it does not vibrate now, it wont vibrate later too. i heard M&M is fitting some "kits" in mHawks suffering from this problem, your car must have come factory fitted with that.

an error of 0.5 psi isnt much, is it?

and by the way, i like the chrome grille.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 15th December 2009 at 19:05.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:23   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
you are lucky the 3rd gear in your car does not vibrate. if it does not vibrate now, it wont vibrate later too. i heard M&M is fitting some "kits" in mHawks suffering from this problem, your car must have come factory fitted with that.
Er... no 3rd gear vibration that I've experienced either. But then, there isn't any 3rd gear vibes on my BIL's 2.6 CRDe 2WD either.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:20   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Yours is auto right traveller? If that rattles, by god you ought to pound that box into a grave.

The rattle is alright as long as you dont rest your palm on the head of the lever. Coz once you do, you end up doubting your genetic makeup. X or y or both!
Old 15th December 2009, 22:00   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yours is auto right traveller?
Nope, mine is a manual tranny. So is my BIL's. His is a well-maintained job with over 71k km on the clock. No rattles from his car in 3rd gear either.

Here's a pic of his car being serviced.
Attached Thumbnails
4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-redscorpio.jpg  

Most Viewed