Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 18:23   #106
BHPian

to adz geek,
oh nooooo, the chrome sob sob sob. please tell me it does not include the tower tail lamps as well .
off topic sorry,
to mile cruncher i guess i confused you for another guy who is on bcm
Old 18th December 2009, 21:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
off topic sorry,
to mile cruncher i guess i confused you for another guy who is on bcm
I know who you are talking about. He also owns a Black Bolero more or less of the same vintage, went to ladakh this year in Sep/Oct like me and stays about 10 minutes from my house. And we didn't knew about each other till about some time back. Talk about co-incidences
Old 21st December 2009, 00:56   #108
BHPian

Post the leather seats

The front visage which after comapring to Walrus tooth edition - I have decided to live with till I find a willing exchanger.4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-dsc_0046.jpg

Stanley leather - darker tone - felt not to do the done but to do the new - match to the central console darker brown shade. Car seems to smell different now.

4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-dsc_0051.jpg4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-dsc_0052.jpg4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-dsc_0053.jpg4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-dsc_0054.jpg
For tanwaramit and others - the consoles/dash and the 4WD selector.
4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-dsc_0055.jpg4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-dsc_0056.jpg4wd Ute - mHawk Scorp-dsc_0057.jpg
Old 21st December 2009, 15:27   #109
Senior - BHPian

wow man, those dark brown shade surely looks superb and changes the whole looks of your beasts interiors.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:28   #110
BHPian

looks good i am surprised that the second row is not a 60 40 split the dentures are kind of growing on me the more i look at it =P any off road pics this weekend i see that the slr is back in action.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:40   #111
Senior - BHPian

Adzegeek,

Good interiors, probably a combo color would also look good!

Did I miss the roof A/C in your pictures??That should have come with the accessories cost of Rs.34000 approx of which your chrome bling is also a part!

You should try and get the nickel off the front grill and the side view mirrors. PM me your mobile number will talk to you to see if we have some options with our friends at the ASC

Last edited by getsurya : 21st December 2009 at 15:42.
Old 21st December 2009, 17:06   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Adzegeek,
Good interiors, probably a combo color would also look good!
Did I miss the roof A/C in your pictures??That should have come with the accessories cost of Rs.34000 approx of which your chrome bling is also a part!
You should try and get the nickel off the front grill and the side view mirrors. PM me your mobile number will talk to you to see if we have some options with our friends at the ASC
Combo Color - may be - but I wasnt sure even with single tone how would it come out at the rather hefty charge I was paying.
I didnt pay 34K extras listed by AML - since we are family of 3.25 most of the times, I didnt try to get a roof A/C done.

The chrome part - I am PMing you my no - need to take some tips from you on servicing etc as well.

Quote:
looks good i am surprised that the second row is not a 60 40 split the dentures are kind of growing on me the more i look at it =P any off road pics this weekend i see that the slr is back in action.
Rohan - In 7 seater, you dont get a split - you get the arm rest. Confirmed with partner in crime Mr VRaghuz.

SLR back in action, lens fixed (glad you noticed) - but sadly no offroading only camping trip. Will do that probably in Scorp SUV PIC thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wow man, those dark brown shade surely looks superb and changes the whole looks of your beasts interiors.
Beast?? Looks more like "Pup Mobile" - you should see it all adorned with iPod, GPS, DVD porto tied to backrest of the driver seat, Kids seats and few toys thrown in. All I need to do is to attach Mothercare sun shades and it will scream Soccer Mom Driving.

The fuel economy dropped for next 1000 kms to 10.7 - Mea Culpa, Mea maxima Culpa.

The A/C Lo button started working again (of its own)

I got free rattle and squeak with the seat covers - the rear side-facing seat which just seems to have two bolts to tighten it with the backrest on a rod seems to be the culprint. Put some tape on the rod to see if holds on to the backrest - but to no avail - leave it for the first service.
Old 21st December 2009, 23:24   #113
BHPian

actually i have an arm rest on my 8 seater and the middle row also has 60 40
i am guessing your second row does not slide behind either or does it??? i will be very happy for you if it does. would really like to hear your version of her off road characteristics will be patient
Old 21st December 2009, 23:33   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Stanley leather - darker tone - felt not to do the done but to do the new - match to the central console darker brown shade. Car seems to smell different now.
Looks awesome and makes the beige interiors look nice. Which one is it Classic or Satin and how much did it cost?

Quote:
actually i have an arm rest on my 8 seater and the middle row also has 60 40
i am guessing your second row does not slide behind either or does it??? i will be very happy for you if it does. would really like to hear your version of her off road characteristics will be patient
The seat does not slide back. It does so only in 8 seater version and that is the reason I wanted to buy 8-seater but they don't have 'em in 4wd.
Old 21st December 2009, 23:39   #115
BHPian

may i recommend the captain seat 7 seater, the center seat is useless for long drives in any case. oh and this baby is made to order so try some arm twisting and let me know if it works and i will try to do the same to get unpainted claddings.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Combo Color - may be - but I wasnt sure even with single tone how would it come out at the rather hefty charge I was paying.
I didnt pay 34K extras listed by AML - since we are family of 3.25 most of the times, I didnt try to get a roof A/C done.

The chrome part - I am PMing you my no - need to take some tips from you on servicing etc as well.
Hi Adzegeek,

Got you, then you got the chrome bling free?Cool! As my understanding goes, the chrome kit is included in that 35k accessories cost. Even I did not prefer the roof ac as max occupancy for my car would be 4+2 and I find the floor a/c doing its job good.

Glad to be of help, Happy Motoring!
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:15   #117
BHPian

Quote:
may i recommend the captain seat 7 seater, the center seat is useless for long drives in any case. oh and this baby is made to order so try some arm twisting and let me know if it works and i will try to do the same to get unpainted claddings.
NOT "made to order" but "made ON order", SST corrected this phrasing once.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:44   #118
BHPian

haha oh my god had not thought of that will be returning home soon but due to a series of weddings and hoildays i guess i will be booking in the first week of next year i wish my dad had booked it earlier and i were taking delivery at this time but then we may have booked it before the further improvements were introduced and might not have got them.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:17   #119
BHPian

adzegeek,
the unicolor scheme does really work well
and am sure no stains will show up too.
The twin pod instrument cluster i heard is being given in the SLE version too now. man i wish i had waited till i got that.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:21   #120
BHPian

Gee Rohan, you will always be one step behind and forever repenting as Mahindra will keep improving something or the other. You may get airbags but my paanwala tells me there is Hill descent control coming as a first class option in Q1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks