Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:09   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@adzegeek:

The waterproof/transparent floor mats you have on your scorpio, are those OEM? How much did it cost?
Old 24th December 2009, 12:48   #122
BHPian

yes they are Mahindra OEM, 1650 if I remember right...
Old 27th December 2009, 18:35   #123
BHPian

hi adz geek any latest excursions off road?? sorry will continue being a little inactive due to my cousins wedding but jus wanted to let you know about the hill desecnt control system already functioning in all scorpios. if you ever find yourself going down too fast in first just make sure you ac compressor cuts in and watch the brilliant reduction in speed.
will be booking in the first week of jan would love the copy of your pdi
Old 4th January 2010, 11:40   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
hi adz geek any latest excursions off road?? sorry will continue being a little inactive due to my cousins wedding but jus wanted to let you know about the hill desecnt control system already functioning in all scorpios. if you ever find yourself going down too fast in first just make sure you ac compressor cuts in and watch the brilliant reduction in speed.
will be booking in the first week of jan would love the copy of your pdi
Rohan/4x4 - I have sent the PDI on email to you. Unfortunately I was stuck and freezing in NY and have just come back. So not much done really. The HDC you mention - I should try that today - my first instinct is to turn off A/C offroad. Rohan - is it 4wd or 2wd?

Tini - any selections done for Hella and how are you going to mount it? are there any legal issues to be aware of?
Old 4th January 2010, 14:41   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am planning on the Hella Ralley 3000s which run about 8K for a pair. My understanding with the auxiliary lights are legal as long as you have a cover on them.

Regarding the mounting, I don't wan to drill the bumper so I will try to route a clamp from the bold that hold the bumper and extend it out between the grille and the bumper. I was also thinking of a Carry boy A-Bar (A shaped bull bar) but I am a bit concerned about any potential interference with the air bag sensors.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:26   #126
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Aux lights of this type are ok as long as they are covered within the city and only used on those out-station trips. what about lightforce lamps - are they any good?
Ref the mounting clamp arrangement you might find that they shake quite a bit - the longer the clamps the more the vibration.
You can have them fitted professionally and use dampers to reduce this vibration but personally I would still suggest you explore drilling the bumper - it can be done with minimum damage.
The carryboy bull bar is available in Hot Tracks Bangalore - I had sent you their number via PM. Its a good point you've mentioned about the Airbag sensors - definitely worth checking before installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am planning on the Hella Ralley 3000s which run about 8K for a pair. My understanding with the auxiliary lights are legal as long as you have a cover on them.

Regarding the mounting, I don't wan to drill the bumper so I will try to route a clamp from the bold that hold the bumper and extend it out between the grille and the bumper. I was also thinking of a Carry boy A-Bar (A shaped bull bar) but I am a bit concerned about any potential interference with the air bag sensors.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:29   #127
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

if I am right these are the translucent rubberized plastic ones - quite nice. they used to sell a similar type earlier but those were scented!
I bought them then but frankly the scent was very faint and completely died after a month or so.
they cost about 1500 when I bought them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
yes they are Mahindra OEM, 1650 if I remember right...
Old 4th January 2010, 15:32   #128
BHPian

4x4,

I will keep a tab on how you progress the installation of Hellas.

I have a slightly wierd requirements but given your usage you may be able to appreciate. I go for 20 days patrolling duty on 1100 acres of community farms during March when we need to protect ripe wheat from getting stolen and need to install side facing lights overhead so that the guys can get a clear view of whats happening on the sides apart from front in the night.

So far people have been using old MM Jeeps with roof mounted lights as well as very powerful handheld search lights - however when I have checked locally, have been told overhead lights not allowed.

Dont want to do a Jugaad solution just before the stuff starts

was wondering would you know the best technical solution and choice of lights for doing this leaving aside legalities.

Cheers
Old 4th January 2010, 15:43   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
if I am right these are the translucent rubberized plastic ones - quite nice. they used to sell a similar type earlier but those were scented!
I bought them then but frankly the scent was very faint and completely died after a month or so.
they cost about 1500 when I bought them.
scented - wow, these are not. and yes they are translucent bluish rubberised plastic. Very useful when you expect that you will bring in dirt, mud, dung on your shoes. Quite happy with it - except that middle row ones dont have a snug fit.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:50   #130
BHPian

Quote:
4x4,

however when I have checked locally, have been told overhead lights not allowed.

Dont want to do a Jugaad solution just before the stuff starts

was wondering would you know the best technical solution and choice of lights for doing this leaving aside legalities.

Cheers
Dont know about there, but here in Chandigarh, you can install roof top lights, but you have to keep them covered within city limits.

Small Leather covers are avialble for these kinda lights.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:43   #131
BHPian

@ adzgeek
thanks a ton for the email. dad and i just booked the 4wd mt last week your pdi is quite comprehensive. i wish my dad had booked it earlier coz now with the delivery scheduled for end feb i will not be there during delivery and will probably get to it in july or august sniff sniff... after an hour of debating we finally ended up booking a white one with captain chairs. they had a seven seater bench seat version in stock which had me tempted for a bit but then good sense prevailed and i decided against it.
currently i am driving a 2wd crde do let me know about your experience with the scorps hill descent control system.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:37   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
@ adzgeek
thanks a ton for the email. dad and i just booked the 4wd mt last week your pdi is quite comprehensive.
after an hour of debating we finally ended up booking a white one with captain chairs.

currently i am driving a 2wd crde do let me know about your experience with the scorps hill descent control system.
that PDI is standard tbhp PDI with some scorp specific stuff. so all credit to this site.
white one - - why not black?

Hill descent control - I tried the A/C method with 4Lo - seems to be OK. Got some more tips from Arka on how to turn on curves so will correct my driving technique in near future.,

unless you are expecting "M" option to magically appear overnight in M/T - Man am I glad I didnt opt for A/T hearing pramods troubles
Old 11th January 2010, 18:11   #133
BHPian

I hope I don't become a "sample" case for not buying AT 4wd, but would love to get this vehicle more on road, so parts and serviceability don't become a nightmare experience, nonetheless as of now problems are fixed. Scorpio 4wd have started flowing on on tbhp and that's good news, if I remember correctly I have just seen 3-4 4wd and now within a month have already seen 3 more added including me and 4-5 already booked, this will put make Mahindra train there service guys better for 4wd vehicles.

-Pramod
Old 11th January 2010, 18:19   #134
BHPian

From what I heard from Milecruncher the other day at tbhp meet (which he may not remember for obvious reasons ), is that Mahindra will stick by you in thick and thin and make sure things get resolved. so that way pramods, you have chosen the right manufacturer.

Incidentally after exactly 36 days of my picking up the Scorp, the RTO approval for 4WD has come in AP. Now I can start driving the Ute legally.

Once I threatened to escalate, Mahindra guy will send me an SMS every day at 3 Pm sharp to keep me posted on how things were going.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I heard from Milecruncher the other day at tbhp meet (which he may not remember for obvious reasons ), is that Mahindra will stick by you in thick and thin and make sure things get resolved. so that way pramods, you have chosen the right manufacturer.
I do remember what I said and will stand by what I said based on my recent experience.
Quote:
Incidentally after exactly 36 days of my picking up the Scorp, the RTO approval for 4WD has come in AP. Now I can start driving the Ute legally.
Congrats!
Quote:
Once I threatened to escalate, Mahindra guy will send me an SMS every day at 3 Pm sharp to keep me posted on how things were going.
So I guess you dont need the email and contact details then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks